Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is 4 September 2020. There are 29 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Brief article from Ch. 13 on RPI's testing program and their early success in identifying cases. Interesting to note that the lab testing is being performed on campus and that the school has applied for state approval to process samples from other schools.

https://wnyt.com/capital-region-come...798/?cat=10464
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Brett Miller making a save
        https://twitter.com/RPI_Hockey/statu...11609854562304

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• In honor of Kyle Hallbauer, today is 5 September 2020. There are 28 days (4 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• In honor of Jake Gagnon, today is 6 September 2020. There are 27 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• In honor of Shane Sellar today is 7 September 2020. There are 26 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Check out the Clarkson athletics website for what they are doing to their season ticket holders.

While the "prose" is certainly flowery, all it really tells them is to go away for a year and find something else to do until such time it is decided that they and their money is wanted again.

Guess with "all" the live entertainment options available in St. Lawrence County, they have little choice but to do what they are told to do by "superior beings" and then return with money when "superior beings" decide they can return.

In effect, with attendance to probably be limited to 25 to 50% they probably will not even be able to get their hands on an individual game ticket. They are probably now little more than a distant fourth in the pecking order behind students paying tens of thousands annually, corporate sponsors with signage throughout building and local significant contributors.

Would not recommend anyone in Rensselaer County trying this approach. Here entertainment options are limitless and people will find something else to do and they will do it quickly. When the time comes that local "superior beings" decide the masses can return, they are far more likely to get a thanks, but, no thanks than the "superior beings" of St. Lawrence County.

Comment

• In honor of Ryan Mahshie today is 8 September 2020. There are 25 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Just saw we surpassed post 1234.

When I was working for GE in Schenectady in 1980, the zip code for the main branch of the post office was 12345, courtesy of Congressman Sam Stratton. Today, that branch is 12301.

Comment

• In honor of Jack Brackett today is 9 September 2020. There are 24 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Dave Smith interview with Chris Onorato: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3750NuwqU5I

Comment

• Soon it will be October 3 when the countdown ends. There is a good chance that we still won't have a schedule. :-( Historically, the main reason to have the countdown was to keep the thread on the first page. I would like on 10/3 to start a new countdown with a guess on a start in early 2021. Does anyone have any suggestion on what date to use? There, are of course other possibilities like after Thanksgiving or October 2021 for the next game, but I am not that pessimistic -- yet. So other suggestions are also possible.
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-09-2020, 11:11 AM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Soon it will be October 3 when the countdown ends. There is a good chance that we still won't have a schedule. :-( Historically, the main reason to have the countdown was to keep the thread on the first page. I would like on 10/3 to start a new countdown with a guess on a start in early 2021. Does anyone have any suggestion on what date to use? There, are of course other possibilities like having a date in October 2021 for the next game, but I am not that pessimistic -- yet. So other suggestions are also possible.
                            I am hoping against hope that we have ECAC league games in November ...perhaps around Thanksgiving....so that would be my vote for a countdown. I certainly know this is surely the most hopeful, pie-in-the-sky of all possible scenarios....but I can dream!
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Soon it will be October 3 when the countdown ends. There is a good chance that we still won't have a schedule. :-( Historically, the main reason to have the countdown was to keep the thread on the first page. I would like on 10/3 to start a new countdown with a guess on a start in early 2021. Does anyone have any suggestion on what date to use? There, are of course other possibilities like after Thanksgiving or October 2021 for the next game, but I am not that pessimistic -- yet. So other suggestions are also possible.
                              Have no hard evidence, but, would not be the least bit shocked if ALL sports at the place have already been cancelled for the entire 2020-2021 academic year and that eventually everyone else will be let in on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
                                Dave Smith interview with Chris Onorato: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3750NuwqU5I
                                This is a great interview - Very nice insight to Coach's philosophy on team building and the direction of the program. Had no idea how day-to-day things were (and still are) regarding the start of the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X