Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    In honor of James McIsaac, today is 25 September 2020. There are 8 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.

Leave a comment:

• tony/troy
    replied
    Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    Mike McMahon @MikeMcMahonCHN
    The ECAC is planning on a 20-game schedule. Teams will be broken into a New England division (Princeton, Yale, Brown, Harvard, Dartmouth and QU) and a New York division (Cornell, Clarkson, Colgate, RPI, Union, SLU). 4 games vs. each division opponent. NO games vs. other division.

@MikeMcMahonCHN
    Every team makes playoffs. 6v3 and 5v2 in play-in round (1-game series). Then those winners advance to play 1&2 (who get byes). The ECAC Championship will feature the NY winner vs. the NE winner.
    Is it safe to assume the regular season will now extend until at least March 5 & 6? At least 10 weeks are needed to do this. But, haven't at least half the ECAC teams already announced they will not play anything until after January, 1? There are only nine weekends in January and February and that is counting January 2 & 3. Then, at least three more weeks for playoffs and that is assuming the one game series is played mid week.

Does this fit within the NCAA regional time frame or has that been set back too?

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

RPI 2020-2021: Turk leads us back to HFH
    RPI 2020-2021: Winning for Turk
    RPI 2020-2021: ECAC feels the wrath of Turk

Those that are football fans know the guy that notifies players to see the coach because they've been cut is called "the Turk." So avoiding the Turk is everyone's goal. I just haven't found a positive way to use it here.
    I always wondered if that was why he used the nickname turk. I should have asked.

I also should have asked him why he replied "That might be the stupidest first sentence I’ve ever read." to an email which I wrote. :-D

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    The ECAC is planning on a 20-game schedule. Teams will be broken into a New England division (Princeton, Yale, Brown, Harvard, Dartmouth and QU) and a New York division (Cornell, Clarkson, Colgate, RPI, Union, SLU). 4 games vs. each division opponent. NO games vs. other division.

@MikeMcMahonCHN
    Every team makes playoffs. 6v3 and 5v2 in play-in round (1-game series). Then those winners advance to play 1&2 (who get byes). The ECAC Championship will feature the NY winner vs. the NE winner.
    I assume 5v4, not 5v2.

I surprised that Cornell would agree to this., but these are strange times.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied

@MikeMcMahonCHN

Leave a comment:

• rpi82
    replied
    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Anyone have any ideas for the wording of a thread title?
    RPI 2020-2021: Turk leads us back to HFH
    RPI 2020-2021: Winning for Turk
    RPI 2020-2021: ECAC feels the wrath of Turk

Those that are football fans know the guy that notifies players to see the coach because they've been cut is called "the Turk." So avoiding the Turk is everyone's goal. I just haven't found a positive way to use it here.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Received an email message earlier - could hardly believe it. In my mind, it did not register until your posting. Devoted RPI hockey fan with a keen insight into everything hockey. Will be greatly missed. And yes RB - we must devote an in season thread to him!!!
    Anyone have any ideas for the wording of a thread title?

Leave a comment:

• NPC19850330
    replied
    Sorry to read.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied
    Does anyone know if the ice actually was installed at HFH ? The reason why I ask is I drove by earlier this week and there was no snow pile out back (or remnants) and there were service trucks and trailers at the back entrance. I wonder if they are having system troubles ? My memory is spotty but I think Smith might've alluded to ice issues on the Ch. 13 interview ..?

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied
    Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

...And yes RB - we must devote an in season thread to him!!!
    +1

Leave a comment:

• ServinisScores
    replied
    RIP Turk, way too soon.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied
    Received an email message earlier - could hardly believe it. In my mind, it did not register until your posting. Devoted RPI hockey fan with a keen insight into everything hockey. Will be greatly missed. And yes RB - we must devote an in season thread to him!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    In honor of Tristan Ashbrook, today is 24 September 2020. There are 9 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    I had been wondering why Turk had not posted recently, but I thought it was because he was fed up with the forum.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied
    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

That is certainly unexpected by me and a shock. I always enjoyed speaking to Bob at the HFH when I went there.
    Sad news indeed. RIP Turk.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X