Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlantic Hockey Says No; So Long Chargers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• njmav1
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    This isn't over because UAH, UAF, UAA?, LIU, Lindenwood, South Dakota, ASU are all still looking for conference homes. RMU closing up shop on short notice was already one shock to AH this season, maybe they just like having that open spot to see who impresses them the most over the next couple seasons? There are still too many loose pieces floating around in D-I hockey at this point. The shuffling will continue for several years to come.

And yes, this is all the fault of the Knee-jerk Nachos who crumbled and trembled at the loss of WI and MN as if they were the cornerstones of hockey that Division I was built on...
    Atlantic Hockey is not expanding to Alaska. ASU is not going to Atlantic Hockey. Augustana has already been turned down by the Summit League and their D1 ambitions are in a holding pattern. Lindenwood hasn't made an official announcement. That leaves LIU as the most obvious expansion team- and my guess is not without another school to make an even dozen.

We can all **** on the NCHC, but there's no doubt they're the best hockey conference in the country.

Leave a comment:

• moose97
    replied
    Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

But not impossible.
    Also, yes, likely impossible when Barry Alvarez was willing to pull out of the WCHA in protest of the BSU/UNO decision

Leave a comment:

• moose97
    replied

But not impossible.

The B1G Network won the day. College hockey lost.
    Honestly, it's more surprising that the B1G allowed the status quo to last as long as they did rather than force the 5 schools to find an affiliate member like men's lacrosse did with Johns Hopkins

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied
    Originally posted by moose97 View Post
    Your suggestion the B1G should have or even could have acted altruisticly is absurd.
    But not impossible.

The B1G Network won the day. College hockey lost.

Leave a comment:

• moose97
    replied

How? By showing the B1G could've changed an internal B1G bylaw for the betterment of greater college hockey but instead they went B1G first over everyone else? PSU followed by the B1G's action (inaction?) started the whole chain of events.

The NCHC was a reaction B1G Hockey being formed. The B1G could've prevented it.
    The B1G has ZERO history of allowing their members to play in separate conferences when they have enough to form their own. Your suggestion the B1G should have or even could have acted altruisticly is absurd. Yes, the NCHC was reactionary. But acting like the B1G had some choice is laughable.

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied

You are proving my point
    How? By showing the B1G could've changed an internal B1G bylaw for the betterment of greater college hockey but instead they went B1G first over everyone else? PSU followed by the B1G's action (inaction?) started the whole chain of events.

The NCHC was a reaction B1G Hockey being formed. The B1G could've prevented it.

Leave a comment:

• moose97
    replied
    Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post

<golf clap> You forgot to include Miami State in the oCCHA which speaks volumes as to their relevance in college hockey these days relative to their role in torpedoing that conference </golf clap>
    Doh!

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied
    The (old) WCHA would have been just fine:
    UAA, BSU, CC, DU. MtU, UMD, MSU, UNO, UND & SCSU

The (old) CCHA also would have also been okay:
    UAF, BG, Ferris, LSSU, Notre Dame, NMU & WMU (and probably could have absorbed UAH)

But no. The NCHC got ***** envy. The B1G wasn't really the first domino. Notre Dame thought they needed to go east. That's what ruined it all
    <golf clap> You forgot to include Miami State in the oCCHA which speaks volumes as to their relevance in college hockey these days relative to their role in torpedoing that conference </golf clap>

Leave a comment:

• moose97
    replied
    I wouldn't write UAH off yet as they seem to finally have some people willing to take the lead and drive the program's financial future. But as others have posted they keep shooting themselves in the foot over and over. Folding, returning, folding, returning and now folding before Atlantic even made their decision? Maybe that makes sense for the players, but it was a horrible look for the future of the program.
    While the donors are in place, the school has insisted on getting into a conference. Which isnt happening

I
    Not having an active team makes AH's decision much easier to turn UAH away right now. This isn't over because UAH, UAF, UAA?, LIU, Lindenwood, South Dakota, ASU are all still looking for conference homes. RMU closing up shop on short notice was already one shock to AH this season, maybe they just like having that open spot to see who impresses them the most over the next couple seasons? There are still too many loose pieces floating around in D-I hockey at this point. The shuffling will continue for several years to come.
    There is no "RMU spot." They were looking to expand to get back to an even number. Now that have 10, why go back to 11? Much more likely they go to 12.

Leave a comment:

• moose97
    replied

The B1G could've amended the "six means B1G play" rule then UMn and UW could've stayed WCHA; UMi, MiSU, OSU stay CCHA; and PSU could've done PSU things.

The B1G didn't do that because they wanted B1G Hockey on B1G Network with no TV revenue sharing.
    You are proving my point

Leave a comment:

• moose97
    replied
    The (old) WCHA would have been just fine:
    UAA, BSU, CC, DU. MtU, UMD, MSU, UNO, UND & SCSU

The (old) CCHA also would have also been okay:
    UAF, BG, Ferris, LSSU, Notre Dame, NMU & WMU (and probably could have absorbed UAH)

But no. The NCHC got ***** envy. The B1G wasn't really the first domino. Notre Dame thought they needed to go east. That's what ruined it all

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied

Riiiggghhht. Because that makes so much sense
    The B1G could've amended the "six means B1G play" rule then UMn and UW could've stayed WCHA; UMi, MiSU, OSU stay CCHA; and PSU could've done PSU things.

The B1G didn't do that because they wanted B1G Hockey on B1G Network with no TV revenue sharing.

Leave a comment:

• JohnsonsJerseys
    replied
    I wouldn't write UAH off yet as they seem to finally have some people willing to take the lead and drive the program's financial future. But as others have posted they keep shooting themselves in the foot over and over. Folding, returning, folding, returning and now folding before Atlantic even made their decision? Maybe that makes sense for the players, but it was a horrible look for the future of the program.

Not having an active team makes AH's decision much easier to turn UAH away right now. This isn't over because UAH, UAF, UAA?, LIU, Lindenwood, South Dakota, ASU are all still looking for conference homes. RMU closing up shop on short notice was already one shock to AH this season, maybe they just like having that open spot to see who impresses them the most over the next couple seasons? There are still too many loose pieces floating around in D-I hockey at this point. The shuffling will continue for several years to come.

And yes, this is all the fault of the Knee-jerk Nachos who crumbled and trembled at the loss of WI and MN as if they were the cornerstones of hockey that Division I was built on...
    Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 07-13-2021, 02:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• moose97
    replied

The B1G could've amended their bylaws. They didn't. <-- first domino
    Riiiggghhht. Because that makes so much sense

Leave a comment:

• DrunkTrainPolka
    replied

Sigh, can we please not with the B1G blame? How many times must it be noted that the bylaws required formation of a hockey conference once PSU added the sport? Now, go ahead with the NCHC blame. I'm here for that.
    hahahahaha... gotta love hating the NACHO!

yeah... but [B1G] bylaws that woulda have been changed or massaged if it was to their advantage.

ain't stuck in the past; this new-CCHA thingie got me quite excited... GO TECH GOLD!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X