Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barry has a Condo in tampa
    UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

• Originally posted by Terry Switzer View Post
      Barry has a Condo in tampa
      Dah DAH duh! cymbal. This is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. It's ALL about the The Barrymeister.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
        I never understood this, "Wisconsin is hosting the (enter sport here) final four, but it will be 1500 miles away" ****.

If WE are hosting, why would Tampa get the goods?
        https://uwbadgers.com/news/2019/2/22...itational.aspx

It's not as prestigious of an event & there are more obvious reasons (no snow) but Wisconsin hosts a winter golf invitational at the courses in my subdivision.

https://www.westbrookvillagegolf.com...ds-begin-today
        Last edited by Sol Diablo; 10-21-2020, 11:07 AM.

Comment

I never understood this, "Wisconsin is hosting the (enter sport here) final four, but it will be 1500 miles away" ****.

If WE are hosting, why would Tampa get the goods?

I think the main issue that it's pretty clear the Bradley Center/Milwaukee in general want no part of it. There is some risk since the way the NCAA sets it up, you have to guarantee xx $$$ to them. That's usually not as much of an issue for the frozen four as it is for regionals since so many people make the frozen four an annual trip regardless of whether their team is involved. However, it is still a risk, and even though I think a lot of attendees who go annually enjoy Milwaukee due to so many bars/restaurants being close, it was clear the local chamber of commerce/Bradley center did nothing to help with this during the 2006 event (I was living on Brady Street at the time, and virtually no Bars/restaurants - even on Water street, were even aware it was going on during the semi-final games). They probably only see the risk/are really clueless about college hockey in general.

By contrast, the Tampa sporting commission (whatever they call themselves)/chamber of commerce have been all over getting these kinds of events (Super Bowl, bouncy regionals for both men and women, VBall final four, annual women's softball tournament in spring, to go with Bowl games and professional events). They make a big deal of publicizing them locally/catering to fans, and probably would have found another school to partner with (maybe even another B1G ten school) if we wouldn't have wanted to.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordofBrewtown View Post

I think the main issue that it's pretty clear the Bradley Center/Milwaukee in general want no part of it. There is some risk since the way the NCAA sets it up, you have to guarantee xx $$$ to them. That's usually not as much of an issue for the frozen four as it is for regionals since so many people make the frozen four an annual trip regardless of whether their team is involved. However, it is still a risk, and even though I think a lot of attendees who go annually enjoy Milwaukee due to so many bars/restaurants being close, it was clear the local chamber of commerce/Bradley center did nothing to help with this during the 2006 event (I was living on Brady Street at the time, and virtually no Bars/restaurants - even on Water street, were even aware it was going on during the semi-final games). They probably only see the risk/are really clueless about college hockey in general.

By contrast, the Tampa sporting commission (whatever they call themselves)/chamber of commerce have been all over getting these kinds of events (Super Bowl, bouncy regionals for both men and women, VBall final four, annual women's softball tournament in spring, to go with Bowl games and professional events). They make a big deal of publicizing them locally/catering to fans, and probably would have found another school to partner with (maybe even another B1G ten school) if we wouldn't have wanted to.
            ...I lived on the east side to in 06. Astor street. I recall having to ask the idiot bartenders at bw3 on water st to put on the Wisconsin vs Cornell game. Not one person in that place knew Wisconsin badgers had a hockey team, much less a history.

no press, no banners around the city. Even with Wisconsin in the FF it did nothing to increase local coverage and there may as well have been a badminton tournament there for all the awareness Milwaukee a had of that FF.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

At least Ridder and Amzoil are within driving distance. But it a true crime that the State of WI has never hosted a women's FF. I have read that is LaBahn is too small and the KC is too big. I can safely say that if UM or UW was in the FF and it was at the KC, no one would be complaining it's too big.
              Close. LaBahn is too small (thanks Barry for building a three-sided arena that was too small to host a National Championship for a team that had already won multiple National Championships), but KC is no too big - it just happens to host state high school tournaments the weekends of the NCAA women’s tournament... Again, thank you Barry for putting that above your own world-class athletes.

Comment

• 20-21 Men's games being played at LaBahn:

https://***********/ToddMilewski/sta...47670640119815
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Apropos of nothing here but this is the only (and terrible) site I look at for badger talk so rant...

**** Nigel Hayes. What a backstabbing ***** this guy turned out to be. I hope he’s not invited to any badger reunions or events going forward.

Tyler Herro would have been great at UW or ANY school and Hayes encourages Herro NOT to attend UW? What a dbag.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• I'll have to research the Hayes thing...I haven't heard anything.

Todd M has his personal Top 20 NCAA ranking out. Of course, no UW the past 4 of 6 years. Is that considered a trend? ఠ_ఠ

Nothing but respect, but even Sol's Sun Devils are #10. Who's on top? The usual.... The NoDak Fighting Whozits who impressively just continue to reload decade after decade. Such a great program.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...Rqa-tpxURcDw#1
                    Last edited by MadCityRich; 10-29-2020, 12:38 PM.
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I'll have to research the Hayes thing...I haven't heard anything.

Todd M has his personal Top 20 NCAA ranking out. Of course, no UW the past 4 of 6 years. Is that considered a trend? ఠ_ఠ

Nothing but respect, but even Sol's Sun Devils are #10. Who's on top? The usual.... The NoDak Fighting Whozits who impressively just continue to reload decade after decade. Such a great program.

I like this team. A lot. Maty DSPh will have an immediate impact. He will probably have more impact than Turotte had last year. Stange is a great addition as well. Both are well rounded impact players. The goaltending deal is a complete re-do. My concern is the coaching there. Holloway is going to lead the B17 is scoring, ok maybe he finishes 2nd to C Caufield. The D Corp is experienced, and there's some Fr there who may push people a bit. There also may be some addition by subtraction there as well in the D and in the team's attitude overall.

Comment

https://badgerswire.usatoday.com/202...t-from-uw/amp/

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I like this team. A lot. Maty DSPh will have an immediate impact. He will probably have more impact than Turotte had last year. Stange is a great addition as well. Both are well rounded impact players. The goaltending deal is a complete re-do. My concern is the coaching there. Holloway is going to lead the B17 is scoring, ok maybe he finishes 2nd to C Caufield. The D Corp is experienced, and there's some Fr there who may push people a bit. There also may be some addition by subtraction there as well in the D and in the team's attitude overall.
                          I like your confidence, but until this team wins consistently under Granato and Osiecki, I will remain pessimistic. 6 games under .500 with the roster they had last year is unacceptable. And as you mentioned the tender situation is a complete mess.
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• When does the schedule come out? I need some badger hockey in my life.

Comment

Yeah, NoDak is impressive, year after year.... Last Badger game I went to was at Kohl playing the Soo back around 2011.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                                I like your confidence, but until this team wins consistently under Granato and Osiecki, I will remain pessimistic. 6 games under .500 with the roster they had last year is unacceptable. And as you mentioned the tender situation is a complete mess.
                                I feel good about the tender situation other than the coaching. Maybe they can overcome it.

I just hope there was a team chemistry reset with the extra departures and new additions.

Comment

Working...
                                X