Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post

I sent a message to the webmaster for the site, and haven't heard anything about all of the things that don't work. Seriously, this update has to be killing traffic to the site.
    I would guess traffic here has slowed immensely. Ugh
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I think the extreme over-recruiting can cause chemistry issues in the locker room. I'd venture to guess that 1/3 of the team may feel like the staff is constantly looking to replace them.
      ...anecdote...about 2 years ago I met a hs hockey player at a family function. He wasn’t usntdp level but good enough to get D1 schools to look at him...when I mentioned Wisconsin (he was considering MTU) his parents both rolled their eyes. I didn’t push it but my suspicion was what you allude to. What kid in their right mind would come to Madison unless they’re a caufield type? They look at the recruiting pipeline and must not be comfortable.

and that issue is solely Oseicki. He overrecruited under Eaves to. Especially his final 2-3 years there.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/uscho...ection_traffic

Hard to say if traffic dropped off so much because of the fact that there is no college hockey in the summer... or if the site speed and issues are preventing people from wanting to come here any more.
        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Board sucks now. If something is not on the first page (which is, what, 10 topics? Ridiculous...) I don't go any further.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post

Board sucks now. If something is not on the first page (which is, what, 10 topics? Ridiculous...) I don't go any further.
            Yup, me too.

Comment

• I think we can all agree that change is good and sometimes exciting, but this make-over just isn't user friendly nor is it attractive. The "old" site was actually much better in every way.

Get off my lawn.

Anyhoo, how is everybody's summer going? For me, there's a HUGE hole in my summer by not making my 2 annual fishing trips to Canada. I miss going to a movie. I miss going up to The Great Dane in normal times. Even though I wear a mask everywhere I go INSIDE (except my home), I HATE the government telling me I have to.

On a happy note (and I'm probably giving away my age) MCR is going to be a grandpa! MCR Jr and his lovely wife are expecting in September. You veterans may remember me bragging about his very dominant teams in the mid 90's to mid 2000's. (LOL!)
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Congratulations on the impending grandkid, MCR! I'm hoping it's a long time away before I have to think about that.

In hockey news....

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...f2c17d316.html

I've removed him from the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...0oE/edit#gid=0

Comment

• This program’s elongated “**** you” to Lebedeff has reached its inevitable conclusion.

So long, Lebby, you certainly deserved better.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    This program’s elongated “**** you” to Lebedeff has reached its inevitable conclusion.

So long, Lebby, you certainly deserved better.
                    Presumably the starter will be the guy that backed up the last guy we pushed out! It's been an ugly offseason so far not counting the frickin covid.
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• https://twitter.com/toddmilewski/sta...609229314?s=21

Let me just understate this by saying that Granato can go pound sand.

Im an alumni. My parents, siblings, wife, in-laws and two of my grandparents were alumni. Badger Hockey has been a source of joy for me for my entire adult life. But if one of my sons were a goalie prospect talking to D-I schools, I’d sooner see my kid play for the rodents than Tony Granato.

Fortunately, my oldest son is only 5 and can barely skate, so that ultimately means nothing, but… Granato can shove that comment where the sun don’t shine.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        https://twitter.com/toddmilewski/sta...609229314?s=21

Let me just understate this by saying that Granato can go pound sand.

Im an alumni. My parents, siblings, wife, in-laws and two of my grandparents were alumni. Badger Hockey has been a source of joy for me for my entire adult life. But if one of my sons were a goalie prospect talking to D-I schools, I’d sooner see my kid play for the rodents than Tony Granato.

Fortunately, my oldest son is only 5 and can barely skate, so that ultimately means nothing, but… Granato can shove that comment where the sun don’t shine.
                        Last year at this time, I was cautiously very optimistic. By the end of the season, I decided to not renew my tickets. I haven't even thought twice about it since. With last year's team (the most over-hyped team in program history) Messner, now Lebby, the schitt show is on. Sorry, Barry. Tony's gotta go, and we known the emperor will never get rid of him.

GOT GOALIE?
                        Last edited by MadCityRich; 07-27-2020, 10:15 PM.
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• This goalie thing is total insanity. I get that sometimes a player just doesn't develop like the player and the staff had hoped. That's fine. But don't publicly run them over with a bus. Every goalie TG has brought in has essentially failed. Why? TG has failed them. They have no official goalie coach and if Connelly is the under the table goalie coach, then he sucks and should be relieved of that duty. The coaching staff has failed these guys. It is completely unacceptable. I agree with EDOS, there is no way I'd encourage a goalie son to play for TG under this current staff arrangement. I thought I'd never type that statement. Never.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

if Connelly is the under the table goalie coach, then he sucks and should be relieved of that duty.
                            I was reading thru the recruiting thread and DaPlaya had confirmed that Cons was handling the goalies. That responsibility has to be removed from him. Based on his pre-UW life, I'm not sure he's even qualified to be the goalie coach. He has zero experience coaching prior to UW other than a couple U17/18 stints at short tournaments. It's strictly business.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

This goalie thing is total insanity. I get that sometimes a player just doesn't develop like the player and the staff had hoped. That's fine. But don't publicly run them over with a bus. Every goalie TG has brought in has essentially failed. Why? TG has failed them. They have no official goalie coach and if Connelly is the under the table goalie coach, then he sucks and should be relieved of that duty. The coaching staff has failed these guys. It is completely unacceptable. I agree with EDOS, there is no way I'd encourage a goalie son to play for TG under this current staff arrangement. I thought I'd never type that statement. Never.
                              Blame the NCAA and its ridiculous rule that hockey can only have 3 paid coaches on staff. There is no room for a paid goalie coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Blame the NCAA and its ridiculous rule that hockey can only have 3 paid coaches on staff. There is no room for a paid goalie coach.
                                Badgers were just lucky to have someone like Howie available to work for free for as long as they did.

Comment

Working...
                                X