Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Yeah, the football release is confirmation that hockey is in serious trouble. I'm not sure I understand the logic in not playing n/c but playing conference games. Travel is travel, player safety is still player safety no matter who they play or when they play.
    It will also free up dates in the schedule for a potential stoppage and re-start.

Comment

• Just came here to say this site re-design broke all of my subscription stuff.

Never getting notifications of posts now, so that's fun.
      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
        Just came here to say this site re-design broke all of my subscription stuff.

Never getting notifications of posts now, so that's fun.
        Will you be able to tell us a link to the recruiting sheets? It may not be in your sig, but as long as we know how to get to it on our own we should be ok.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Will you be able to tell us a link to the recruiting sheets? It may not be in your sig, but as long as we know how to get to it on our own we should be ok.
          Man, this update really sucks. No signatures anymore either? 4-5-6.....

Let me see what I can do.

Seriously, it's been a month since they updated the site and the whole thing is trash. Slower than all get out. No signatures. Notification emails on subscription threads don't work. It's as if they're trying to get us to stop paying attention to college hockey.

Anyway.... here's the link to the recruiting spreadsheet. Guess I will have to post it on every single thread page that I follow so that people can keep seeing it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...0oE/edit#gid=0
          Last edited by gwhinwi; 07-13-2020, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Man, this update really sucks. No signatures anymore either? 4-5-6.....

Let me see what I can do.

Seriously, it's been a month since they updated the site and the whole thing is trash. Slower than all get out. No signatures. Notification emails on subscription threads don't work. It's as if they're trying to get us to stop paying attention to college hockey.

Anyway.... here's the link to the recruiting spreadsheet. Guess I will have to post it on every single thread page that I follow so that people can keep seeing it.

I can see it on webpage view. I am assuming it's not available via tapatalk, which after checking it isn't. Yes, the update blows....
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

I can see it on webpage view. I am assuming it's not available via tapatalk, which after checking it isn't. Yes, the update blows....
              Yeah, I only come to the site on the PC, so this pretty much makes the whole site useless to me. Notifications show up in my profile, but email notifications are totally borked.

Comment

I love you as much as I can for not knowing you much at all. I printed the sheets, so at least I can make my own and update to follow yours. Also in case you bail on the site I have something to work off of. Lots of people are unhappy about lots of things these days. I also pinned it in the Google Chrome tab bar, hopefully it sticks there.
                Last edited by Timothy A; 07-14-2020, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• I've been catching some old UW games on BTN. Hard to listen too with Rob doing the color. Tough deal for the Andringa's.

Comment

I love you as much as I can for not knowing you much at all. I printed the sheets, so at least I can make my own and update to follow yours. Also in case you bail on the site I have something to work off of. Lots of people are unhappy about lots of things these days. I also pinned it in the Google Chrome tab bar, hopefully it sticks there.
                    I appreciate that more than you can know.

You don't have to worry about me going away, I'm just dealing with a lot right now and little aggravations become much larger ones quicker than I would like them to.

I'll stick around, but it's just going to be a situation where I have to remind myself to come here, rather than getting the thread notifications that would make it much easier to remind me.

With luck, they'll get it all sorted out here and make the correct fixes to the site. Here's hoping that gets done sooner rather than later.

Comment

• Mick Messner to Merrimack, per Milewski on the tweety.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        Mick Messner to Merrimack, per Milewski on the tweety.
                        Spreadsheet has been updated. (Not that you can actually see my signature anyway...)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?pli=1#gid=0

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          Mick Messner to Merrimack, per Milewski on the tweety.
                          I sure wish I was "connected" like I was in the mid 2000's. I'd like to get a feel of the group behind the scenes. Something just isn't right.
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

I sure wish I was "connected" like I was in the mid 2000's. I'd like to get a feel of the group behind the scenes. Something just isn't right.
                            You got that right. Something is way off with this group and staff. The buck stops with coaching so one or more of them are not up to the task.

on another note, I hate the new look site so much i rarely even want to check in anymore.
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

on another note, I hate the new look site so much i rarely even want to check in anymore.
                              I sent a message to the webmaster for the site, and haven't heard anything about all of the things that don't work. Seriously, this update has to be killing traffic to the site.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                                I think the extreme over-recruiting can cause chemistry issues in the locker room. I'd venture to guess that 1/3 of the team may feel like the staff is constantly looking to replace them.

Comment

Working...
                                X