Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

They would be awesome. (AZ>FL by FAR) A former supervisor of mine lives in Sun City for 7 months, then In Stoughton, WI (near Madistan) for 5 months. I'm very envious.
    The subdivision I live in, just north of the original Sun City area, has 2 golf courses & the UWisc golf team hosts a college tournament there most every early spring.
    My next door neighbor is from Germantown. Lots of Packers, Steelers, Vikings, Bears flags flying on Sundays in the neighborhood.

MSP is a mess, as viewed from northern Minnesota. Seems like many/most big cities are. PHX has its share of issues, but we live at the desert's edge, not downtown, so we avoid much of it.
    Last edited by Sol Diablo; 06-26-2020, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post

The subdivision I live in, just north of the original Sun City area, has 2 golf courses & the UWisc golf team hosts a college tournament there most every early spring.
      My next door neighbor is from Germantown. Lots of Packers, Steelers, Vikings, Bears flags flying on Sundays in the neighborhood.

MSP is a mess, as viewed from northern Minnesota. Seems like many/most big cities are. PHX has its share of issues, but we live at the desert's edge, not downtown, so we avoid much of it.
      Got a spare room, bro? (Not temporary )

So what's your situation, you live in Northern East Dakota in summer? Where about?
      Last edited by MadCityRich; 06-28-2020, 08:23 PM.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Got a spare room, bro? (Not temporary )

So what's your situation, you live in Northern East Dakota in summer? Where about?
        Ha!I do have a spare room, but the price will make you want to find a house
        Nope, I live in Northern West Wisconsin! Am close to Detroit Lakes in the summer (Maybe with that name it's really W-UP Michigan.....)

Comment

• WSJ - Madison's Mick Messner enters transfer portal after 2 seasons with Badgers men's hockey team: https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...b2e2a7751.html

Comment

• Originally posted by sunprairie View Post
            WSJ - Madison's Mick Messner enters transfer portal after 2 seasons with Badgers men's hockey team: https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...b2e2a7751.html
            Local kid. Was a captain in the USHL. A shame.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Yeah, it's sad that not every local kid can't finish the dream of playing their full career at UW. I do believe he was an Eaves recruit.

Has anyone figured out how to get a link to the recruiting sheets or has that happened already and I was not paying attention.

Speaking of Eaves, I dvr'ed the UM/UW tilt from 2014 and watched it. That team played some dark good hockey. The product we've been forced to watch the last few seasons is sure inferior to what I saw on the dvr.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Yeah, it's sad that not every local kid can't finish the dream of playing their full career at UW. I do believe he was an Eaves recruit.

Has anyone figured out how to get a link to the recruiting sheets or has that happened already and I was not paying attention.

Speaking of Eaves, I dvr'ed the UM/UW tilt from 2014 and watched it. That team played some dark good hockey. The product we've been forced to watch the last few seasons is sure inferior to what I saw on the dvr.
                Don't know if it is interesting, but seems worth noting now that in an article somewhere earlier this summer (I think one of Todd's) it was disclosed that since Wyatt Kalynuk decided to stay in Madison during quarantine since he was concerned about being able to get back into the US, he was one of only three of this past year's Badgers who remained in Madison the past few months. The other two living with him were Sean Dhooghe and Mick Messner.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunprairie View Post

Don't know if it is interesting, but seems worth noting now that in an article somewhere earlier this summer (I think one of Todd's) it was disclosed that since Wyatt Kalynuk decided to stay in Madison during quarantine since he was concerned about being able to get back into the US, he was one of only three of this past year's Badgers who remained in Madison the past few months. The other two living with him were Sean Dhooghe and Mick Messner.
                  Ha!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Disturbing. The ship is listing more and more.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Disturbing. The ship is listing more and more.
                      I agree with you. Over on Buckyville certain posters think that this kid didn't deserve more time because he wasn't scoring enough. Every shift he played he was energetic, showed good spark, killed penalties and won faceoffs better than most of the team. But I am just an idiot fan....
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

I agree with you. Over on Buckyville certain posters think that this kid didn't deserve more time because he wasn't scoring enough. Every shift he played he was energetic, showed good spark, killed penalties and won faceoffs better than most of the team. But I am just an idiot fan....
                        Buckyville doesnt have the knowledge that is here. Hockey guys are OK and I know there is some crossover including yourself. Just dont disagree with them in other threads. They are brutal.

Comment

• So we have N/C teams that have been verified.....NM, Tech, USDP, ASU, UMD, ASU/Uconn/Clarkson.

Comment

• For now

Comment

For now
                              Yeah, the football release is confirmation that hockey is in serious trouble. I'm not sure I understand the logic in not playing n/c but playing conference games. Travel is travel, player safety is still player safety no matter who they play or when they play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Yeah, the football release is confirmation that hockey is in serious trouble. I'm not sure I understand the logic in not playing n/c but playing conference games. Travel is travel, player safety is still player safety no matter who they play or when they play.
                                I imagine the main reason has as much to do with conferences being able to set safety protocols etc and not have to negotiate with non-conference members for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X