Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

Andrenga was my favorite tv hockey analyst. Called it as straight as he could... but also called out the Badgers when they were playing crappy. Only 51 years old. So sad. Impossible for Badger Hockey to replace a man like that.

Comment

Originally posted by srkbadger View Post
      My condolences to the Andringa family on the loss of Robbie. Enjoyed watching him on the ice, and loved his analysis of the games on TV. A truly sad loss for the Badger nation. 2020 can go to hell. This on top of COVID and the flood of my house after dam failure here in Midland, MI. I've had enough of this year.
      Rob.....What a punch in the gut, a guy my age with kids the age of mine, this really hits home hard.

Flood....wow that sucks. Hopefully your home owners insurance covers the financial end of things, but obviously there is so much more than that to this.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I never saw him play, but he was a great analyst with Posick on the radio. I loved the two of them together.

I will miss the guy. Between Rob and Joel (Red Shed Bartender / UW hockey fan / Motorsports nut) that is two guys I loved that have died from cancer in the last two weeks.

Cancer sucks.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Looks like at this point hockey is every possible this fall/winter. Will there be fans though?

Comment

• Granato given his 1 year extension.

https://***********/ToddMilewski/sta...85198751911938

Can't embed tweets on the desktop version anymore. I hate this new format.
            Last edited by WiscTJK; 06-11-2020, 04:27 PM.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• Yeah what’s up with this? This is definitely harder to use on mobile.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                Granato given his 1 year extension.

https://***********/ToddMilewski/sta...85198751911938

Can't embed tweets on the desktop version anymore. I hate this new format.
                It's not shocking considering the blinders the whole AD has in regards to TG. It would have been nice for them to send a signal, and I think TG would have manned up and embraced the reality of the team's performance. Maybe they are/did have the discussion privately.

Comment

• No more links to recruiting sheets?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    No more links to recruiting sheets?
                    I'll have to try and figure that out. It's amazing to me how these IT / website people change something and make it worse...... Unbelievable....

Edit* I did figure out how to turn on my signature. Less threads on the page, the green arrow for threads I have responded in, is darn near impossible to see, no embeds of twitter. How are thinking this is an improvement?
                    Last edited by WiscTJK; 06-12-2020, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

I'll have to try and figure that out. It's amazing to me how these IT / website people change something and make it worse...... Unbelievable....

Edit* I did figure out how to turn on my signature. Less threads on the page, the green arrow for threads I have responded in, is darn near impossible to see, no embeds of twitter. How are thinking this is an improvement?
                      I USUALLY don't mind change, but this isn't good. I'm trying to reset "ascending, descending" posts, it still opens on the original page and I have to enter page 21, and the mobile site is, well.....

Also, I'm trying to make changes, when I do, I get an alert that the email addresses must match. They do.
                      Last edited by MadCityRich; 06-12-2020, 12:09 PM.
                      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

I USUALLY don't mind change, but this isn't good. I'm trying to reset "ascending, descending" posts, it still opens on the original page and I have to enter page 21, and the mobile site is, well.....

Also, I'm trying to make changes, when I do, I get an alert that the email addresses must match. They do.
                        Yeah, this seems lame. I get a notification about a post and when I go to the notification page it says it's not available or something. I also don't know how to get the signature back, though that's not a real big deal I guess. The biggest issue is not being able to have the links to outside things like twitter posts and the spreadsheets, which are gold. Tech upgrades are usually not upgrades to users, just to the so called geniuses who make the upgrades. They don't understand the users. I'm still using Excel 2010 and Outlook 2003 at work, no need to change, everything works just fine.

Comment

• Don't like this at all, and I have a Flip phone, thats how old school I am.
                          UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

• Originally posted by Terry Switzer View Post
                            Don't like this at all, and I have a Flip phone, thats how old school I am.
                            I tried it with my old wall mounted crank phone, didn't work, so I tried my rotary dial phone but people keep interrupting cause it's a party line....

Comment

• I don't know about you guys, but I'm about to dump this site after almost 20 years. I try to make changes and it will not allow me. It still states "Email addresses must match". They ****ing DO! Navigating is awful. I used to hit the website and everything was set. Now, I have to make at least 3 adjustments to find the most recent posts. No idea what these guys were thinking.
                              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                                I don't know about you guys, but I'm about to dump this site after almost 20 years. I try to make changes and it will not allow me. It still states "Email addresses must match". They ****ing DO! Navigating is awful. I used to hit the website and everything was set. Now, I have to make at least 3 adjustments to find the most recent posts. No idea what these guys were thinking.
                                For every change to the user preference setting, it puts in part of your email address in the form, which is why it then sends the "doesn't match" message because there's nothing in the second match field. You have to see the first auto added email and just delete it so that you can save the changew to your preferences. Don't ask why.
                                Last edited by NCAA watcher; 06-15-2020, 04:10 PM.
                                The Souza record:
                                15-16 10th place
                                16-17 10th place
                                17-18 11th place
                                18-19 8th place
                                19-20 9th place
                                20-21 10th place
                                21-22 9th place
                                22-23 10th place

Comment

Working...
                                X