Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm about to dump this site after almost 20 years. I try to make changes and it will not allow me. It still states "Email addresses must match". They ****ing DO! Navigating is awful. I used to hit the website and everything was set. Now, I have to make at least 3 adjustments to find the most recent posts. No idea what these guys were thinking.
    Have to agree. This update is just awful. I'm going to try to use the contact us link on the bottom right to send a complaint - hopefully they are aware how bad this is; but, just in case.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordofBrewtown View Post

Have to agree. This update is just awful. I'm going to try to use the contact us link on the bottom right to send a complaint - hopefully they are aware how bad this is; but, just in case.
      I would do that, too, but the new page takes about a minute to jump to every new page, and I don't have the patience for that. Feels like I'm writing on a 1993 Compuserve message board.

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but I'm about to dump this site after almost 20 years. I try to make changes and it will not allow me. It still states "Email addresses must match". They ****ing DO! Navigating is awful. I used to hit the website and everything was set. Now, I have to make at least 3 adjustments to find the most recent posts. No idea what these guys were thinking.
        I’m in the same boat. I primarily access the site via cell phone. It looks terrible, navigation is awful and it’s driven me from a daily user to a “I wonder if they fixed it” check back now and then poster.

Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• This is Crap plain and simple.
          UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

• I just came here to bit¢h and talk with my brothers (and sisters if they are any).

1st; most of you know in late March I was supposed to go to Winnipeg for an Avalanche game against the Jets. Canceled.
            2nd; this is the week I've annually been going to central Manitoba for 35 ****ing years. Of course, we canceled it weeks ago without the border open.

What a M*^%$#^&)_*(^%G , lousy, F@*&^$%, b*&$%#!+, year 2020 has been. Only 6 months to go.

How's everybody doing? My wife and I decided last week to GTFO of Madison. It's scary here and the "city leaders" are weak.

I'm looking around Cottage Grove or McFarland area (out of the Madison tax and school district), so if anybody lives there, fill me in on your lovely villages until hawkey tawk resumes.
            Last edited by MadCityRich; 06-23-2020, 04:00 PM.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• We camp @ Kegonsa St Park (when the freaking stupid commie Governor allows us to of course. People could pile into the parks during the day and be all over eachother, but we could not stay over night in our travel trailer on our own site and mind our own business staying way more than 6 ft away from people not using any public facilities at all) and we spend a fair amount of time in McFarland. I really like that town. Close enough to Madison, right on lovely Lake Waubesa. I'll never be able to afford it, but when I retire I'd like to live there. In the fall last year we camped, fished in the am, went to a women's hockey game and chilled at the site that evening, it does not get any better than that. There's a little restaurant (Luke's?) we went to for breakfast and I had crabcakes Benedict. WOW, that was awesome. One of the best things I ate last year. The little Italian place next to Culvers is really good too. For Chinese, I prefer the one in Stoughton to the one in McFarland.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• "Serenity now...Insanity later".....Lloyd Braun...best of luck

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  We camp @ Kegonsa St Park (when the freaking stupid commie Governor allows us to of course. People could pile into the parks during the day and be all over eachother, but we could not stay over night in our travel trailer on our own site and mind our own business staying way more than 6 ft away from people not using any public facilities at all) and we spend a fair amount of time in McFarland. I really like that town. Close enough to Madison, right on lovely Lake Waubesa. I'll never be able to afford it, but when I retire I'd like to live there. In the fall last year we camped, fished in the am, went to a women's hockey game and chilled at the site that evening, it does not get any better than that. There's a little restaurant (Luke's?) we went to for breakfast and I had crabcakes Benedict. WOW, that was awesome. One of the best things I ate last year. The little Italian place next to Culvers is really good too. For Chinese, I prefer the one in Stoughton to the one in McFarland.
                  Yep. Luke's (a classic cafe) and Angelo's (awesome Italian) are a couple of blocks apart. The Maple Tree (a classic supper club) is across the street. All 3 are excellent. From where I live in Madison, I can be at any 3 of those in 10 minutes. When Mr.MadCityRich was alive, we usually launched and fished in L. Monona and sometimes would take the Yahara River to L. Waubesa. If we would target Waubesa, we would launch at Babcock and take in Luke's. Thanks for the memories, Tim!

I wouldn't mind retiring on the north end of Lake Kegonsa but you can't get to Waubesa from there. Kegonsa is underfished and not busy at all.

"the freaking stupid commie Governor". Haha, I love it but don't blame HIM. He can only do what the puppet strings allow.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Yep. Luke's (a classic cafe) and Angelo's (awesome Italian) are a couple of blocks apart. The Maple Tree (a classic supper club) is across the street. All 3 are excellent. From where I live in Madison, I can be at any 3 of those in 10 minutes. When Mr.MadCityRich was alive, we usually launched and fished in L. Monona and sometimes would take the Yahara River to L. Waubesa. If we would target Waubesa, we would launch at Babcock and take in Luke's. Thanks for the memories, Tim!

I wouldn't mind retiring on the north end of Lake Kegonsa but you can't get to Waubesa from there. Kegonsa is underfished and not busy at all.

"the freaking stupid commie Governor". Haha, I love it but don't blame HIM. He can only do what the puppet strings allow.
                    We have not tried the Maple Tree yet. The "classic" supper club isn't in my wheelhouse, I like a more eclectic menu, not so much steak/prime rib/shrimp/fish fry. I can do all those myself better than what I can get in a restaurant. I thinking of hitting Waubesa this weekend to look for the big gils. We found some dandies last year.

Comment

I just came here to bit¢h and talk with my brothers (and sisters if they are any).

1st; most of you know in late March I was supposed to go to Winnipeg for an Avalanche game against the Jets. Canceled.
                      2nd; this is the week I've annually been going to central Manitoba for 35 ****ing years. Of course, we canceled it weeks ago without the border open.

What a M*^%$#^&)_*(^%G , lousy, F@*&^$%, b*&$%#!+, year 2020 has been. Only 6 months to go.

How's everybody doing? My wife and I decided last week to GTFO of Madison. It's scary here and the "city leaders" are weak.

I'm looking around Cottage Grove or McFarland area (out of the Madison tax and school district), so if anybody lives there, fill me in on your lovely villages until hawkey tawk resumes.
                      How about Arizona in the winter, lakeside Wisconsin in the summer?????

Comment

• Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post

Um no. The contrast in the seasons is what makes Wisconsin so enjoyable.

Comment

I just came here to bit¢h and talk with my brothers (and sisters if they are any).

Stoughton is very nice MadCity. Great little downtown with plenty of nice restaurants, you have two large grocery stores, tractor supply (poor mans fleet farm). There are some newer developments on the southwest side that are very very nice.

25 minutes max to downtown Madison. 5 minutes to Lake Kegonsa.
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• I good friend of mine lives on Buckingham Road in Stoughton.
                            UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Um no. The contrast in the seasons is what makes Wisconsin so enjoyable.
                              I know what you are saying. Fortunately I can drive 100 miles north in the winter and go snow skiing in the morning then back down to Phx & go water skiing in the afternoon in wintertime. A few times each winter northern AZ is the coldest spot in the nation.
                              The problem here in northern Minnesota is that the winter is relentless, much like summer in Arizona. No break from below 32F daytime/nighttime for 3 - 4 months like no break from 80F+ in AZ desert in summer, unless again, you drive 50 miles north. Then in MN winter you throw in the wind factor with the below zero temperatures.......Then you throw in only 8 hours of sunlight, if its not clouded over for a week or two..... I won't elaborate on taxes.

And MN only has 2 seasons, winter's coming and winter's here, aka road repair season and winter.
                              So, many of the Canadian snowbirds have a saying. "The first snowflake to hit me is God's fault, the second is my fault". It works for me, like going into a hockey rink to cool off not to warm up, but its not for everyone, you have to have a job/retirement that allows, family that goes for it, or maybe a person just plain likes it very cold and the outdoor activities that go with such .....

Comment

• Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post

They would be awesome. (AZ>FL by FAR) A former supervisor of mine lives in Sun City for 7 months, then In Stoughton, WI (near Madistan) for 5 months. I'm very envious.

And by the way, Minneapolis is definitely off-limits for me from now on. A "holistic" approach to public safety? No police department?
                                Last edited by MadCityRich; 06-26-2020, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X