No announcement yet.

LSSU Lakers 2020 off-season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is sounding like the season could start anywhere from November 20 to January 1. I think it will be closer to January 1. I hope an announcement will come soon.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post

Do you have a link to listen to that live?
      I use the ESPN1400 link embedded in this Hockey News North link. It works for me. I think the LHT show is supposed to start at 8:00. The Hockey News North link is kind of old and I think I saw that the Hockey News North show is even moving away from ESPN1400 to a different station this season, but I just checked the embedded ESPN1400 link and it still works. ESPN1400 carries the LHT show (and the LHS during the season).

https://www.juniorhockey.com/news/ne...?news_id=76758

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
        It is sounding like the season could start anywhere from November 20 to January 1. I think it will be closer to January 1. I hope an announcement will come soon.
        That is such a long time away still. With college football playing or starting soon in the case of the Big Ten, college hockey should be able to play sooner than that. At the very least, you'd think LSSU, MTU, and NMU could play each other safely right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post

I use the ESPN1400 link embedded in this Hockey News North link. It works for me. I think the LHT show is supposed to start at 8:00. The Hockey News North link is kind of old and I think I saw that the Hockey News North show is even moving away from ESPN1400 to a different station this season, but I just checked the embedded ESPN1400 link and it still works. ESPN1400 carries the LHT show (and the LHS during the season).

https://www.juniorhockey.com/news/ne...?news_id=76758
          Thanks! I will give this a try in the morning!

Comment

Thanks! I will give this a try in the morning!
            Hopefully there will be no technical issues. Between the LHS and the LHT, occasionally someone at Sovereign forgets to do something they were supposed to do and the show doesn't get streamed and then we have to wait for a podcast. Also, I missed the stream of a LHT show earlier this year because it started about 15 minutes late and I had just given up at that point.

Comment

• The 2020-21 roster has been posted:
              https://lssulakers.com/sports/m-hockey/2020-21/roster

Comment

• I ended up oversleeping and missed this morning's Laker Hockey Talk Show? Anything mentioned on when the season might start?

Comment

I ended up oversleeping and missed this morning's Laker Hockey Talk Show? Anything mentioned on when the season might start?
                  Officially the WCHA season starts Jan 1 as it stands now. It sounded like a home conference series with NMU could possibly be moved up earlier than that (conflict with I-500?). There might be 6-8 non-conference games in Nov and Dec, maybe starting Nov 20-21 weekend. Likely opponents are MTU, Ferris, UAH, and possibly NMU. Nothing in concrete yet. No actual schedule has been released. The UAH non-conference series would be in the Soo. Sounds like attendance capacity might be set at 500 although Damon is hoping it could go higher before actual play starts.

Comment

• Only 500 allowed? I thought it was 25 percent capacity which would be roughly about 1,000 fans? Something must of unexpectedly changed or more B.S came up.
                    Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 10-15-2020, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Only 500 allowed? I thought it was 25 percent capacity which would be roughly about 1,000 fans? Something must of unexpectedly changed or more B.S came up.
                      On last month's show it was sounding like 1000. Now maybe it's 500. Hopefully that will change upward. The podcast has now been posted, by the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post

On last month's show it was sounding like 1000. Now maybe it's 500. Hopefully that will change upward. The podcast has now been posted, by the way.
                        Thanks. I will listen to it later this evening.

Comment

Only 500 allowed? I thought it was 25 percent capacity which would be roughly about 1,000 fans? Something must of unexpectedly changed or more B.S came up.
                          They also said on the show that it is not clear if coaches, training staff, broadcasters, and rink attendants count towards the 500 people.

Comment

• I am assuming there will be no victory bell celebrations this season because of Covid?

Comment

They also said on the show that it is not clear if coaches, training staff, broadcasters, and rink attendants count towards the 500 people.
                              Here in Minnesota it does. We billet for a local NA3HL team and indoor gatherings are capped at 250 by mandate. Our team can only sell between 175 and 200 tickets because the mandate takes into account all people, just not fans.
                              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

I am assuming there will be no victory bell celebrations this season because of Covid?
                                Possibly, and it wouldn't surprise me, but with attendance likely being highly restricted it wouldn't be hard to keep the smaller number of fans socially distant from the bell, maybe with some type of temporary fence/barrier. The players are together anyway so it would just be a matter of keeping the fans a little apart from the players.

Comment

Working...
                                X