No announcement yet.

LSSU Lakers 2020 off-season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a letter for the season tickets last week.

Normally by this time of the summer, we've been making a couple of payments for our tickets. But this year, they're simply taking a deposit towards the seats rather than worry about the full amount as of right now, what with Covid and all that.

It sounds like they're moving forward as normal, expecting to have a full season, but they also have some protocols in place in case the season is shortened or cancelled for whatever reason. So, it's nice knowing that there are already some plans in place no matter what ends up happening with the season. Hopefully it's a go, but I can certainly see reduced seating.
    LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

• St Thomas will become a member of the CCHA beginning with the 2021-22 season.

Comment

• The Lakers have a new commit. Brett Roloson, forward from Powell River of the BCHL.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe.../brett-roloson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
          Former Lakers goalie Roman Bengert will be playing at the University of Prince Edward Island this season.
          University of Prince Edward Island is on tap to host the U-Sports National Tournament this year. But it seems though their season is on hold until January too.

Comment

• We have a new D-man commitment for next season. Sebastian Miedema, from Sioux Falls of the USHL.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...astian-miedema

Comment

• We have another new commitment. D-man Matthew Sutter, 2004 birth date, from Alberta, played last season at a prep high school in Arlington VA.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...matthew-sutterhttps://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...matthew-sutter

Comment

• Alaska Anchorage announced they are dropping hockey after this season. Finances is the reason.

Comment

• I've heard rumors about universities consolidating, any rumblings?

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
                    I've heard rumors about universities consolidating, any rumblings?
                    I haven't heard any, but I live quite a ways from the Soo.

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
                      I've heard rumors about universities consolidating, any rumblings?
                      Consolidating in what ways? Like, programs merging? or taking away programs?

Either way, while LSSU as a school has it's issues, this is one thing I haven't heard around town, personally. Doesn't mean it's not being talked about behind closed doors, but I certainly haven't heard anything.
                      LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

• The podcast from last week's Laker Hockey Talk show has finally been posted.

Damon said no hockey players have tested positive for Covid so far. All athletic activity was shut down for 2 weeks when there were a couple of cases of Covid among other students, but that activity has now been allowed to resume.

The WCHA has come up with a couple of possible new schedules depending upon when hockey may start up. Although there has been talk of possibly no hockey until January, Damon said there is hope that things could start sometime in November especially now that the Big Ten has changed their stance on football starting up.

Based upon things now, Damon said there may be a limit of 25% (fan) capacity at games once they do start. That is subject to change of course. That would mean a 1000 fan limit for the Taffy Abel.
                        Last edited by Bill; 09-25-2020, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• Colin Saccoman has signed with the Rapid City Rush of the ECHL.

Comment

• Will there be a Laker Hockey Show this month? Or should I say this Thursday as this is the third Thursday of the month coming up?
                            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                              Will there be a Laker Hockey Show this month? Or should I say this Thursday as this is the third Thursday of the month coming up?
                              This Thursday there will be a show. I usually have to catch the podcast of the show but hope to be able to listen in Thursday morning this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post

This Thursday there will be a show. I usually have to catch the podcast of the show but hope to be able to listen in Thursday morning this week.
                                Do you have a link to listen to that live?

Comment

Working...
                                X