LSSU Lakers 2020 off-season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Lakers 2020 off-season thread

Does anyone know if we make one or two Alaska trips in 2020-21? I know the Lakers will travel to Alabama Huntsville.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
      Seriously? Why was trump praising China and the WHO on how well they were doing fighting the virus? All the protesters in Lansing and not one would get out of the safety of their car to protest and you want me to believe they would bravely going back to work if trump ordered them they could. Hell, they would stay home with gloves and mask on hiding under their beds.
      I get that you don't like Trump. I just think you're way over the top with it.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
        Does anyone know if we make one or two Alaska trips in 2020-21? I know the Lakers will travel to Alabama Huntsville.
        I haven't heard anything. Normally the scheduling is kind of finalized by the time they finish up the annual coaches meeting in Florida in late April. There is normally some schedule juggling still going on at that meeting. I don't know if they are doing some kind of conference call or on line session as a substitute for the meeting this year.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
          I think they play Fairbanks 4 times next year. They only play Anchorage 2 games and I believe those are in the Sault.

Comment

A letter from the head coach:
            https://myemail.constantcontact.com/...id=0YZiRHdzqxM

Also it sounds likely the USNTDP will be playing at Taffy Abel Thanksgiving weekend for a single game.

Comment

The Lakers have a new commitment. D-Man Artyom Borshyov. From Belarus, played for Youngstown of the USHL this past season, 2000 birth date.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...rtyom-borshyov

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                I think they play Fairbanks 4 times next year. They only play Anchorage 2 games and I believe those are in the Sault.
                If the conference’s schedule rotation holds, the league matchups would be the same as 2016–17. Fairbanks on the road, both Alaskas at home, Huntsville home & away. But, who knows if there will be any twists.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Everyone is confused if there will even be a season come the fall .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                    Everyone is confused if there will even be a season come the fall .
                    Could be a full season, shortened season or no season at all. No one really knows but only time will tell. Also I think the Alaska teams are toast if oil prices don't rebound.

Comment

If we have a 2020-21 season, I see that Great Lakes State Weekend is tentatively scheduled for Oct 30-31 and the hockey opponent is supposed to be UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                        If we have a 2020-21 season, I see that Great Lakes State Weekend is tentatively scheduled for Oct 30-31 and the hockey opponent is supposed to be UAA.
                        Guessing that is the first home weekend of the season?

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                          Guessing that is the first home weekend of the season?
                          I don't know. This past season they played Merrimack at home prior to the Great Lakes State Weekend series against Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                            I don't know. This past season they played Merrimack at home prior to the Great Lakes State Weekend series against Denver.
                            The schedule is supposed to be out in a couple weeks so we should know by then. Of course the schedule might have to be completely revamped if the NCAA decides to postpone the season until January. I would guess we won't know that until summer.
                            Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 04-29-2020, 08:55 PM.

Comment

The Lakers have a new commitment. Jordan Venegoni, a forward from Amarillo of the NAHL. 2000 birth date. I don't know if he's projected for the coming season (assuming there is one), or the following one.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...ordan-venegoni

Edit: Looks like he will be with the Lakers for the 21-22 season:

https://www.amarillobulls.com/venego...-20-21-season/
                              Last edited by Bill; 04-30-2020, 05:13 PM.

Comment

I wonder if Damon will try to get Long Island University to play at Abel Arena in their inaugural year like Arizona State did?

Comment

Working...
                                X