Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Lakers 2020 off-season thread

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    I'm assuming there will be no off-season Laker Hockey Talk shows until the pandemic is over.
    I haven't heard anything either way. They usually start up with them in May. With only Bill C and Damon taping the show, it doesn't sound unreasonable that they could still do the shows. It's not done in a public venue like the Antlers (Laker Hockey Show). We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      I came across this short video on Twitter today. It shows Clayton Beddoes OT goal in the 94 semifinal against Harvard. Beddoes has always been one of my all time favorite Lakers.

https://***********/NCAAIceHockey/st...58276426756096
      Thanks for sharing that clip. I also loved Beddoes. That 1994 string of OT wins was so gritty and magical. I’ll never forget how intense each game was and then the championship was much more relaxing than ever could have been imagined.

Comment

I'm surprised Beddoes isn't the LSSU Athletics Hall of Fame yet. Same with Brian Rolston.
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

I'm surprised Beddoes isn't the LSSU Athletics Hall of Fame yet. Same with Brian Rolston.
          I think they have each of the teams in the hall, but they've been putting individuals in for a while now - Hoffort was just put in back in 2016 or so. I'm sure Beddoes and Rolston will be in soon enough.
          LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Comment

Comment

The NCAA Twitter account has been killing it with some nice memories. Also this YouTube video has the 1988 OT goal vs St. Lawrence.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S8jiqvJp20Q

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
                  The NCAA Twitter account has been killing it with some nice memories. Also this YouTube video has the 1988 OT goal vs St. Lawrence.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S8jiqvJp20Q
                  I still have that game on a DVD. Haven't watched it in quite a while.

Comment

Any worries that this pandemic could severely damage the economy and possibly cause the hockey program to fold?
                    Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 04-14-2020, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Any worries that this pandemic could severely damage the economy and possibly cause the hockey program to fold?
                      The economy hasn't caught back up to where it was pre-COVID yet, and depending on what's to come, could still get worse, especially has November gets closer here in the States.

as for the program folding? It's always going to be a worry so long as the school enrollment numbers don't go up, or we stay mediocre or below. That's why I was hoping to see a coaching change to give a new coach a year before starting CCHA play again - which isn't a discussion I necessarily want to get into right now, because we've been there & done that.
                      LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

It's already causing a lot of damage to the economy. The longer the various governors leave their states in lock down, the more damage it will do to the economy. Governors are already seeing criticism for not having any plans for opening things back up fairly soon, even partially. I've seen a lot of references to our governor being referred to as Governor wHitler on social media. And there is a recall petition out there that I think is now up to around 250,000 or so signatures.

Comment

It's already causing a lot of damage to the economy. The longer the various governors leave their states in lock down, the more damage it will do to the economy. Governors are already seeing criticism for not having any plans for opening things back up fairly soon, even partially. I've seen a lot of references to our governor being referred to as Governor wHitler on social media. And there is a recall petition out there that I think is now up to around 250,000 or so signatures.
                          If Trump had not spent 2 months denying the reality of the dangers this virus was going to hit us with, we may have been past the damage we are being destroyed with. Trump has told so many lies from day one it is even hard to remember his bull shtt . Trump has the leadership abilities of a child. Trump will go down as the worse president this nation has ever had .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                            If Trump had not spent 2 months denying the reality of the dangers this virus was going to hit us with, we may have been past the damage we are being destroyed with. Trump has told so many lies from day one it is even hard to remember his bull shtt . Trump has the leadership abilities of a child. Trump will go down as the worse president this nation has ever had .
                            China did a poor job of letting the world know about the virus and has downplayed the number of their people affected by it. When Trump was shutting down China travel in January, Pelosi and Schumer both bitterly complained about it and even played the race card. The virus is bad but it isn't Trumps fault so please don't politicize it. I think you've had too much kool aid to drink sm2pk.

Comment

China did a poor job of letting the world know about the virus and has downplayed the number of their people affected by it. When Trump was shutting down China travel in January, Pelosi and Schumer both bitterly complained about it and even played the race card. The virus is bad but it isn't Trumps fault so please don't politicize it. I think you've had too much kool aid to drink sm2pk.
                              Seriously? Why was trump praising China and the WHO on how well they were doing fighting the virus? All the protesters in Lansing and not one would get out of the safety of their car to protest and you want me to believe they would bravely going back to work if trump ordered them they could. Hell, they would stay home with gloves and mask on hiding under their beds.

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
                                The economy hasn't caught back up to where it was pre-COVID yet, and depending on what's to come, could still get worse, especially has November gets closer here in the States.

as for the program folding? It's always going to be a worry so long as the school enrollment numbers don't go up, or we stay mediocre or below. That's why I was hoping to see a coaching change to give a new coach a year before starting CCHA play again - which isn't a discussion I necessarily want to get into right now, because we've been there & done that.
                                I think Damon earned to coach next season. The Lakers fared much better in the second half. We can only do so much with the limited budget the program has so a new coach wouldn't be worth it currently in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X