LSSU Lakers 2020 off-season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Lakers 2020 off-season thread

If this virus is still around come fall,there will not be a hockey season .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
      If this virus is still around come fall,there will not be a hockey season .
      With so many international players on the Lakers roster, most of them are going to be stuck on campus for awhile it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
        With so many international players on the Lakers roster, most of them are going to be stuck on campus for awhile it seems.
        The 'travel ban' only went into effect on Friday, so it's completely possible the Europeans already left the country, hard to say since getting back will be difficult for them. But you'd have to think that the University would understand them wanting to be home with their families right now, especially since everything is going online for nearly the rest of the semester as it is.
        LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

I would think they might have more options than most, given that they can be in Canada in 10 minutes.

Comment

Canada is closing it's border to everyone but Americans .

Comment

Brayden Gelsinger has signed with the Utah Grizzlies (ECHL) and Bryan Basilico ha signed with the Kalamazoo Wings (ECHL).

Comment

The podcast of the last Laker Hockey Show for 2019-20 was posted yesterday.
                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                  The podcast of the last Laker Hockey Show for 2019-20 was posted yesterday.
                  And on the show, Damon said we'd be going to Union early next season for a non-conferences series and they would be coming to the Soo one of the 2 following seasons. Also, the single game with Notre Dame in the Soo will be this Thanksgiving weekend.

Comment

Wow,life without sports .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                      Wow,life without sports .
                      Some are fearing the whole 2020-21 season could get wiped out
                      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                        Some are fearing the whole 2020-21 season could get wiped out
                        This thing is going to be a waste of 1.5 years for all of our lives.

Comment

This thing is going to be a waste of 1.5 years for all of our lives.
                          Not a whole lot we can do other than quarantine & follow the experts advice.

I mean, it might suck, but I'd rather lose a year or two of sports than my or my loved one's lives.
                          LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Max Humitz has signed with the Grand Rapids Griffins for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
                              Not a whole lot we can do other than quarantine & follow the experts advice.

I mean, it might suck, but I'd rather lose a year or two of sports than my or my loved one's lives.
                              I was referring to everything affected not just sports. All the closed restaurants, businesses....

Comment

Any time a team goes 0-5 on the power play as the Lakers did on Sunday, it is tough to say the refs cost the game for that team.
                                Except the Lakers scored on the powerplay and the goal was taken away on a phantom offsides...oh well, though, it’s not like it mattered now with sports being canceled.

Comment

Working...
                                X