LSSU Lakers 2020 off-season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSSU Lakers 2020 off-season thread

Hard to believe the season is done already. It was a disastrous first half but the second part of it was decent.

Any word on NC opponents for next season?
    Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 10-03-2021, 04:06 AM.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Re: LSSU Lakers 2020 off-season thread

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    Hard to believe the season is done already. It was a disastrous first half but the second part of it was decent.

Any word on NC opponents for next season?
    I thought I heard earlier this year that Notre Dame is due to come back up here this season.
    LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
      I thought I heard earlier this year that Notre Dame is due to come back up here this season.
      I saw that as well but other than that I haven't been able to find any additional non-conference opponents for LSSU yet.

Comment

Having some concern if Mitens decides to turn pro next year. His breakout second half probably upped his value in Europe leagues big time. Completing a degree in a US school doesn't have a lot of worth for a European. Definitely not worth turning down a 6 figure salary. The cupboard is bare if he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by CDB View Post
          Having some concern if Mitens decides to turn pro next year. His breakout second half probably upped his value in Europe leagues big time. Completing a degree in a US school doesn't have a lot of worth for a European. Definitely not worth turning down a 6 figure salary. The cupboard is bare if he is gone.
          I don' think so. Langenegger and Eisele will be here and I think one or both of them could turn out to be pretty good.

Comment

The Lakers were more talented than their record showed this year. Every few games or so you'd see it and things would click like most of the Saturday's tourney game vs. Bemidji, the game against NMU, and the game against Tech. Even early on in the season when they were taking lumps in the nonconference I saw some glimmers, but the 0-0 game against UAH and some of the blowouts, you just wondered where that talent was those nights.

I'd really like to see the Lakers show up better each night and go .500 or better in conference play next season. If they don't, I'm going to have a hard time staying positive in the Whitten era.

Comment

There is always next year.

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
                I'd really like to see the Lakers show up better each night and go .500 or better in conference play next season. If they don't, I'm going to have a hard time staying positive in the Whitten era.
                You mean the 80-126-24 record during the Whitten era has you excited?

The 2018-19 campaign was great. The others have been....lackluster....
                LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

I was willing to give him ample time to build things up his way. He’s had enough time now to fairly judge. If LSSU can’t get to .500 next year then time for some new blood to start CCHA play.

Comment

I'll always be convinced that Game 3 of LSSU-Bemidji was rigged, just like I am convinced that Tailaire scored against Maine in 1993 (although that wasn't because of bad refs, it was more of a victim of not having good replay).

With the conference tournaments shutting themselves down, Bemidji is safely in the NCAAs (when/if they happen) because of that crooked game. It should have been 2-2 in the 3rd with either team having the chance to win, but the fix was in. Still not over it.

Comment

To be fair, the cupboard was extremely empty when he took over. Nothing much should have been expected his first few years. The next season or two should be more telling.

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
                        I'll always be convinced that Game 3 of LSSU-Bemidji was rigged, just like I am convinced that Tailaire scored against Maine in 1993 (although that wasn't because of bad refs, it was more of a victim of not having good replay).

With the conference tournaments shutting themselves down, Bemidji is safely in the NCAAs (when/if they happen) because of that crooked game. It should have been 2-2 in the 3rd with either team having the chance to win, but the fix was in. Still not over it.
                        Any time a team goes 0-5 on the power play as the Lakers did on Sunday, it is tough to say the refs cost the game for that team.

Comment

Hockey is over for the season . There is always next year .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                            Hockey is over for the season . There is always next year .
                            Minnesota State will still be without a NCAA tournament game win.

Comment

I am sure Humitz would be playing in the ECHL or AHL right now if the Coronavirus didn't shutdown all of hockey/sports.

Comment

Working...
                              X