Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSSU Lakers 2020 off-season thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Re: LSSU Lakers 2020 off-season thread

    I was reading an article on the Pontiac Silverdome roof collapsing back in 1985 and how the Pistons had to play 15 games at Joe Louis Arena. It had me thinking....what would happen if Taffy Abel Arena was unusable for whatever reason for an extended period of time? Would the Lakers be able to play at the Big Bear Arena or the Pullar Stadium?
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

    Comment


    • #92
      Re: LSSU Lakers 2020 off-season thread

      Has a vaccine been developed ? With no vaccine,there will be no sports.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
        Has a vaccine been developed ? With no vaccine,there will be no sports.
        People still get the flu even after getting the flu vaccine. I am sure it would be the same for the Covid-19 vaccine. Vaccines are not cures.
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

        Comment


        • #94
          Re: LSSU Lakers 2020 off-season thread

          Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
          I was reading an article on the Pontiac Silverdome roof collapsing back in 1985 and how the Pistons had to play 15 games at Joe Louis Arena. It had me thinking....what would happen if Taffy Abel Arena was unusable for whatever reason for an extended period of time? Would the Lakers be able to play at the Big Bear Arena or the Pullar Stadium?
          I would assume they'd work out a deal with the city or the tribe and split games at either Big Bear or Pullar.
          LSSU Alumni & Fan.

          Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

          Comment


          • #95
            Re: LSSU Lakers 2020 off-season thread

            Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
            I was reading an article on the Pontiac Silverdome roof collapsing back in 1985 and how the Pistons had to play 15 games at Joe Louis Arena. It had me thinking....what would happen if Taffy Abel Arena was unusable for whatever reason for an extended period of time? Would the Lakers be able to play at the Big Bear Arena or the Pullar Stadium?
            If the Norris/Taffy could survive December 1995, it can withstand just about anything.

            Comment


            • #96
              Re: LSSU Lakers 2020 off-season thread

              Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
              People still get the flu even after getting the flu vaccine. I am sure it would be the same for the Covid-19 vaccine. Vaccines are not cures.
              Vaccines also have a lot of crap in them. At any rate, waiting for a vaccine to be developed for the Covid virus (assuming it will still take a year or so as has been projected) before opening things back up to normal would pretty much destroy the economy and country, and would likely result in far more deaths than Covid will.

              Look at this weekly update from the CDC on Covid deaths demographically.

              https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ekly/index.htm

              If you click on Table 1 to show the actual counts (instead of just the graph), what you see is that 80% of Covid deaths are for people age 65 and over. Over 92% of deaths are for people age 55 and over. College age deaths are only one tenth of a percent. For every age group in the table, deaths from pneumonia are greater than those from Covid. When I look at this table, I don't see any reason for the state governors to keep things on lock down. Obviously precautions are still necessary, especially for older people, but not lock downs. Businesses should be allowed to reopen. There should be no fear of going back to school.

              Comment


              • #97
                Re: LSSU Lakers 2020 off-season thread

                All you all drinking bleach like trump told you would clean the virus out of you ? This is why this virus will kill thousands more . Now any vaccine is wrong . LOL

                Comment


                • #98
                  Re: LSSU Lakers 2020 off-season thread

                  Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                  All you all drinking bleach like trump told you would clean the virus out of you ? This is why this virus will kill thousands more . Now any vaccine is wrong . LOL
                  No one said any vaccine is wrong. Yes, Covid will kill thousands more. So will pneumonia, influenza, etc. despite any vaccines. In fact, if you checked the CDC link, you'll see that pneumonia is killing more people than Covid. The point is that waiting for a vaccine before opening things back up close to normal will do more damage than Covid itself will (if it takes another year to develop a vaccine). It's not exactly new news that vaccines have questionable ingredients in them.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Re: LSSU Lakers 2020 off-season thread

                    If there are going to be monthly Laker Hockey Talk shows this off-season, this would be the week they normally would start. We'll see.

                    Comment


                    • Re: LSSU Lakers 2020 off-season thread

                      Govenor Whitmer has said there might not be fans allowed in college and pro sports arenas this coming season. If that's the case, I can see the Lakers losing enormous amounts of money and folding.
                      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

                      Comment


                      • Re: LSSU Lakers 2020 off-season thread

                        Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                        Govenor Whitmer has said there might not be fans allowed in college and pro sports arenas this coming season. If that's the case, I can see the Lakers losing enormous amounts of money and folding.
                        Whitmer is on a big power trip. She issued State of Emergencies 7 times last year alone (most of them weren't state wide) before we even go to this Covid situation . She's on record a saying she would never sign any legislation that would in any way reduce her powers as governor. She's been mentioned as a possible VP candidate in the next election. I think she's showing that she's willing to throw the people of Michigan under the bus (economically) in order to further her political career. She plays on peoples emotions by talking about their "health/safety", but I don't hear any concern/sympathy from her about the economic effects her lock down is causing in Michigan, especially on small businesses.

                        Comment


                        • Re: LSSU Lakers 2020 off-season thread

                          There may be a LHT show this week. If so, I assume it will be Thursday morning with a podcast to follow.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Bill View Post
                            There may be a LHT show this week. If so, I assume it will be Thursday morning with a podcast to follow.
                            If there is one, I am sure Covid-19 talk and how it affects the future of college/Laker Hockey will dominate the show. I am sure the schedule will be talked about as well.
                            Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 05-18-2020, 08:15 PM.
                            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

                            Comment


                            • Re: LSSU Lakers 2020 off-season thread

                              I went to the Northern series in late February and COVID was already in the US by that point. I fans are allowed at games, I would attend no matter if a vaccine is available or not.

                              Comment


                              • Re: LSSU Lakers 2020 off-season thread

                                Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                                I went to the Northern series in late February and COVID was already in the US by that point. I fans are allowed at games, I would attend no matter if a vaccine is available or not.
                                Same here. Assuming there will be a season, I plan on going up to the Soo for one of the first couple of home series, either in October or early November depending upon how the schedule looks.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X