• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my.
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Oh my.
      I’m pretty sure unless a safety and a field goal by UNH then this needs to be the sign of the end. Maybe a few years of a bad record.... oh wait... but this isn’t working. One game doesn’t define a season but this is close

Comment

• Originally posted by norbert View Post

I’m pretty sure unless a safety and a field goal by UNH then this needs to be the sign of the end. Maybe a few years of a bad record.... oh wait... but this isn’t working. One game doesn’t define a season but this is close
        I honestly don't have much to say about the state of it all; just like a lot of other things, I'm getting numb to it. Bring on June. But oh, it sure would be nice to see some good hockey out of them.
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

I honestly don't have much to say about the state of it all; just like a lot of other things, I'm getting numb to it. Bring on June. But oh, it sure would be nice to see some good hockey out of them.
          You have an AD that’s past his prime (if he ever had one) and the fix was an alumni. That rarely ever works. You need a recruiter. I’d rather have someone who can recruit talent and not coach versus a great coach with less talent. MS7 is a great guy but that doesn’t equal wins. Fresh blood throughout is now needed

Comment

• "What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? He11 no!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              "What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? He11 no!"
              ha! well, I guess if you say so! Up late into the night I see! yep, I'm over it alright. I would like to say it's exciting to see Patrick Grasso score some points as he moves toward 100 career points.
              Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-23-2021, 07:54 AM.
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Fun game to watch, as JvR picked up two goals in the dirty areas in front of the net, yet his alma mater pulled out their second shoot out win of this young season.
                You got some 'splainin' to do on this one, Snives ...

So I didn't follow last night's UNH game, and this is the last post at the bottom of the page I left this on with this thread, so here I am, opening up my browser this morning, and I'm thinking "Hey, at least UNH got two out of three points last night".

Then I ticked over to the next page and ... UGH. Reality hits me smack-dab in the face.

You dippin' into the moonshine a little bit early last night, mon ami?!?!?
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by norbert View Post
                  You have an AD that's past his prime (if he ever had one) and the fix was an alumni. That rarely ever works. You need a recruiter. I'd rather have someone who can recruit talent and not coach versus a great coach with less talent. MS7 is a great guy but that doesn't equal wins. Fresh blood throughout is now needed
                  Hopefully today brings better news, but it's starting to feel like his players are quitting at midseason ...

Comment

• Digging the Merrimack College band
                    The Souza record:
                    15-16 10th place
                    16-17 10th place
                    17-18 11th place
                    18-19 8th place
                    19-20 9th place
                    20-21 10th place
                    21-22 9th place
                    22-23 10th place

Comment

• There is the shootout victory that was referred to in the earlier post.

Comment

• 'Watcher, I love the long-form retrospective on the start of the MS7-Umile transition. Always fun to look back and see what you've gotten wrong (and right) regarding how things might play out. It's funny, even then, after a lot of slippage, the UNH program wasn't nearly as "down" as they've since fallen. And if I was naive about Umile's motivations at the time, it's hardly the first (and likely not the last) time. But I think I've been right about Umile's boss for a LONG time now.

Nice to see UNH bounce back with two out of three points tonight. Snives, did you jump the gun by 24 hours, or do you have access to some time portal up in the North Woods?!? :-)

Comment

• 'Cats had their backs up against the wall kudos for killing off the 5 min. major. Felt Patrick Grasso had a very strong night with the game winner and his other goal. Also nice to see Tyler Ward net his first goal as a Wildcat hopefully first of many! Never easy to play at Lawlor and there was some grit out there tonight which was good to see. Enjoyed the MRobinson celly; had to feel good.
                          Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-24-2021, 09:12 AM.
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                            'Nice to see UNH bounce back with two out of three points tonight. Snives, did you jump the gun by 24 hours, or do you have access to some time portal up in the North Woods?!? :-)
                            Nah, Nostradamus I am not, I just misspoke, confusing his nemesis the Big Bad Bruins with his alma mater. :-)

But, I might add that our Cats have clawed their way back into eighth place, which in a normal year might be a round in the HEA playoffs.

Comment

• According to CHN, "Manchester has withdrawn its bid to host one of this year's four NCAA Tournament Regionals, College Hockey News has learned, due to concerns about the ongoing coronavirus pandemic."

Due to concerns with the pandemic, or UNH doesn't want to pony up the money for hosting?
                              GO BLUE!

Comment

• In other news ... it's official, UNH has now gone "over" the pre-season over/under of 12.5 games, having completed their 13th game of the season this past weekend at Merrimack in a shootout win.

Any word on any more games this coming weekend?

Comment

Working...
                                X