This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    To be clear, I'm all for "coaching to win", MS7 gets paid to do what he does, so the W's are necessary if he wants to keep his job. It just feels like the goalie position has been drifting for some time now, and if the coach has lost faith with TT, then he's got to be working OT to find someone else for next season (and beyond).
    What's the story on the 3rd goalie we have? Is this a viable , can step in player after Taylor? I'm clueless about him. What's in the pipeline? These are q's that will be answered as the season goes on and decisions are made. Speculating wildly that it's all on what Robinson does next year? What a season...I'm so glad they are playing. And looking forward to next year already to be free to go when I want and where...yesssss. Go 'Cats!
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

What's the story on the 3rd goalie we have? Is this a viable , can step in player after Taylor? I'm clueless about him. What's in the pipeline? These are q's that will be answered as the season goes on and decisions are made. Speculating wildly that it's all on what Robinson does next year? What a season...I'm so glad they are playing. And looking forward to next year already to be free to go when I want and where...yesssss. Go 'Cats!
      The third goalie is Forman, a good 3rd liner, but not projected to be more than a Jamie Regan emergency. Of course, some of those step up and can move into the number 2, but I'd say the odds are against this, but Bret Abel, Brian Larochelle and Matt Carney show it can be done. It is not necessarily a knock on Taylor that he is behind Robinson, who has been the team MVP. Robinson was drafted in 2015, and will be 24 at the end of the season. The odds of him staying are beyond long. I think he'd be a free agent and given his stellar play, would probably be in demand and given his age, needs to get into a system ASAP.

Taylor reminds me of Jeff Pietrasiak, highly regarded coming in, but spending two years sitting but able to play more. He also has the option of five years, which would give him 2 years after this, if he sees a long term progress (but given the lack of opportunity, I suspect he may want to move on after four years). Which brings to the pipeline. UNH has Jed Baliotti, a senior who was going to play prep hockey and then spend one more year in the USHL. With no prep hockey, he made a USHL team, but is sitting behind 2 NCAA goalies, so not really ready to step in a year early. So the goal was to bring in a competitive potential starter to replace Robinson next year.
      Last year I said goalie is a late blooming position, and so I was comfortable waiting to watch which goalies popped in junior hockey in 2020-21. Well, there is no junior hockey other than the USHL where most goalies are spoken for. Theres a couple of 20 year olds (Boynton and Glockner) and a 19 YO MCCarthy that I could see them brining in. Robinson shows Dan's point about the benefits of size, and Baliotti and Taylor are in the 6'3 mold. Boynton in 6', but mcCarthy is 6'2 and Glockner 6'3. McCarthy is more highly regarded but his performance has not been as strong. Then there's two BCHL guys, Jackson Glassford, 6'4 and on Central Scouting list, and 6'2 John Derrick, who plays with Kelowna where John Evans and Nick Ardanaz play. But they're not playing, so scouting is riskier.
      The Souza record:
      15-16 10th place
      16-17 10th place
      17-18 11th place
      18-19 8th place
      19-20 9th place
      20-21 10th place
      21-22 9th place
      22-23 10th place

Comment

• This was the year Commesso was originally slated to come to UNH, right?

IIRC UNH jumped on Taylor once Commesso decommitted. All is coming to fruition now.
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
          Not sure who made that drop pass in OT with his back to his own player and the BC player covering it, but... that's a gross mistake.

Honestly you guys got BC at a nice time, 4 guys coming back from a Mon/Tues WJC schedule, Hutsko hurt, Newhook banged up Fri/Out Sat. And BC took a lot of penalties. That being said, at least on Friday night, UNH looked reasonably decent. By the end, when BC is rolling, this .500 weekend against BC will likely be worthy of raising a banner up in the Whitt.
          You might be right. BC didn’t look like a no. 2 team that’s fo sho!

UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

Maybe. At current rates, we might have rolled out the vaccine to about 30% or our population, along with another 30% infected by community transmission, for perhaps a 60% total, not quite there for herd immunity, but would be close. "So, I gotta ask you, are you feeling lucky?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

"So, I gotta ask you, are you feeling lucky?"
              Based upon the statistics, yes, 99.5% of the population will be "Lucky".

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Maybe. At current rates, we might have rolled out the vaccine to about 30% or our population, along with another 30% infected by community transmission, for perhaps a 60% total, not quite there for herd immunity, but would be close. "So, I gotta ask you, are you feeling lucky?"
                Why, Snives ... why??? :-(

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Whalers View Post
                    Awesome. Even if the quote was from Dirty Harry Callahan, not The Man With No Name. Bravo!!

Talk about lost relics of a bygone era. Back before the stupid concept of so-called "toxic masculinity" was hatched in some dweeb-infested Ivy think-tank. Maybe Clint can come coach the Wildcats? Suspect the aggression level might jump a few notches, eh? :-)

Comment

• As sad as it is to say Chuck, I was going to use the proper Dirty Harry one, but believed the weapon (can I say the G word?) might trigger (terrible pun, sorry) others. :-)

Would also love to see Clint behind the bench. Would have been even better when the cats had some talent AND rivalries; "Go Ahead Parker and Gravellese, call the phantom penalty, make my Day!".

Comment

• UNH getting pasted by NU tonight (5-0 so far in the 3rd period). The announcers - combined age likely less my current age - remarking how NU "overcame UNH carrying the play" in the second period. What game are they watching??? I guess SOG's were 23-11 in favor of UNH at some point, but NU has been in full control of the game since the opening faceoff. Ugh ...

Comment

• We have a game tonight? (sarcastically stated) Harrumph

Comment

• Ps Chuck, I will say we played a decent enough 2nd as far as at least getting some things going here and there. But oh, that PP tho (eye roll) 0 for ?

Comment

• 7th game in 15 days,,,,looks like it
                              UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                                UNH getting pasted by NU tonight (5-0 so far in the 3rd period). The announcers - combined age likely less my current age - remarking how NU "overcame UNH carrying the play" in the second period. What game are they watching??? I guess SOG's were 23-11 in favor of UNH at some point, but NU has been in full control of the game since the opening faceoff. Ugh ...
                                Actually, your guys outshot our guys 37-29. Connor Murphy (NU backup goalie) kept them in it early on when UNH was pretty much having its way.
                                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Working...
                                X