This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

When did I say they were good? The point was, in fact, that they are bad offensively - six goal Maine game included or not...

PP% is just a random stat? Twenty-one percent last year, down to 11% this year (7% if you exclude the second Maine game). You truly think that means nothing?

Thankfully, all of this season's turnovers and the FIVE penalties that have cut short UNH PP's to date (seven games) have been made by players without pro potential or elite skill. Put that in the plus column for 2020-21...

Whatever your reasoning for benching Gildon, it was silly. If anything, one might take a look at this season's 'offense' and wonder if that's not why he took (and/or was asked to take) so many chances...
    I didn’t say you said they were good. I was saying it. And the random stat was about the 1-3 in regulation. The point is you can Elias Sports Bureau things to death but a bad team is a bad team (after a win....)

Gildon had great talent that showed many times but he also was undisciplined and at tile reckless. Draft pick or not if you are a detriment to a team there should be consequences. If college is a learning experience then there can be hard lessons.

Comment

• A shorty, a PP and a W against no. 2 BC. Not too shabby!
      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Maybe not a "full" win under current HEA rules, but it will just have to suffice.

Kudos to the players AND coaches for pulling off an improbable come-from-behind win at #2 BC.

Robinson was fantastic. Let's not overlook some very loose defensive play at times, BC could easily have blown UNH out of the building in the second period, but a combination of Robinson and sloppy BC finishing kept UNH in the game. I suspect UNH won't be so fortunate tomorrow, but they've already got a W in the bank; the 'Cats play tomorrow with house money.
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• The players played with a lot of heart last night. We all should be proud of their effort. Recently, BC is a team that slowly improves over the course of the season. They have a lot of young and very skilled players on their roster. It takes York a few months each season to tweek them from playing as a bunch of individuals into playing like a team. At this point of the season, U Mass is way ahead of BC as far as playing as a team.

Comment

• Tyler Ward.
            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
              Maybe not a "full" win under current HEA rules, but it will just have to suffice.

Kudos to the players AND coaches for pulling off an improbable come-from-behind win at #2 BC.

Robinson was fantastic. Let's not overlook some very loose defensive play at times, BC could easily have blown UNH out of the building in the second period, but a combination of Robinson and sloppy BC finishing kept UNH in the game. I suspect UNH won't be so fortunate tomorrow, but they've already got a W in the bank; the 'Cats play tomorrow with house money.
              Robinson has played extremely well and basically has kept them in games. Not many brain fart goals in the past

Tomorrow will be different especially with Knight expected to play after the game off from just coming back from shutting out Canada

Comment

• Yes Darius Tyler Ward! A very welcome addition to the team. I'll be most interested to see how the 'Cats adjust to what will be a BC team who's starting GK will be playing etc...Get 'em 'Cats!
                I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by norbert View Post

Robinson has played extremely well and basically has kept them in games.
                  Quite the contrast watching him and Commesso this weekend,
                  UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                    Quite the contrast watching him and Commesso this weekend,
                    At last count, I believe Commesso has conceded ten (10) goals in less than five (5) periods of play.

Ouch

Comment

• Hey Snively....re-watched the highlights of the game and you know what? We won a critical face off in that OT that led to the GWG....Just wanted to point that out....(wink)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Dorn View Post
                        The players played with a lot of heart last night. We all should be proud of their effort. Recently, BC is a team that slowly improves over the course of the season. They have a lot of young and very skilled players on their roster. It takes York a few months each season to tweek them from playing as a bunch of individuals into playing like a team. At this point of the season, U Mass is way ahead of BC as far as playing as a team.
                        I'm not sure about that last part. BC has already beaten UMass twice. But BC did have 3 skaters make their season debut against UNH and Logan Hutsko did not play.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

I'm not sure about that last part. BC has already beaten UMass twice. But BC did have 3 skaters make their season debut against UNH and Logan Hutsko did not play.
                          We all know BC is a loaded team, a dangerous team, highly skilled etc. Personally I peg them to 'win it all' if there is such a thing this season certainly they will be in the mix of things for sure.
                          Regardless of who was on the ice we'll take the win and see if we can put together 2 decent games back to back; that's what I'm hoping for!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                            Tyler Ward.
                            Yup. Plays big/nice 200 foot game. Challenges everything in his area.
                            Shrink-The-Rink, Win a Title

Comment

• Random point that's probably gotten lost in the shuffle of Robinson's mostly-stellar play so far this season ... but Ty Taylor has yet to play, and he's arguably at the midpoint of his junior season now (he could redshirt - traditional or COVID). All indications are are that he is "the man" next year, but "the man" hasn't hit the ice in a competitive league setting to date. This follows an unimpressive frosh season, and some modest progress as a back-up as a soph. Robinson clearly has the trust of MS7.

I'm not trying to make this into something bigger than it is ... but two possible conclusions that can be drawn from what we've seen (and haven't seen) so far on this issue might be either/both:

* Taylor has gone from eagerly-anticipated prospect to borderline "bust";
                              * MS7 is coaching as if his job next season depends on results this season

Unless I'm missing something, I do believe TT is with the team, and dressing (if not playing) ...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

We all know BC is a loaded team, a dangerous team, highly skilled etc. Personally I peg them to 'win it all' if there is such a thing this season certainly they will be in the mix of things for sure.
                                Regardless of who was on the ice we'll take the win and see if we can put together 2 decent games back to back; that's what I'm hoping for!!
                                You made the point before but UNH has been a problem for BC these last couple years!

Comment

Working...
                                X