UNH 2020 Off-Season Thread: That Rinky-Shrinky Thang And Other Lively Banter :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
    Quinnipiac would be a great choice, imo. Good facility, natural rival in nearby UConn, a program that has been competitive in recent history.
    But I also don't see them as having much incentive to leave, they have been largely trolling the ECAC over the last 8 years (4 regular season titles, a league title, 5 NCAA appearances, 2 Frozen Fours). Does that success carry over if they move to Hockey East? I also think they enjoy the rub of having their school name mentioned along side the Ivies.
    There was a time when the Q got to the NCAAs only by virtue of an autoseed, such as when they won the MAAC tourney in 2002, only to get dispatched 6-1 by the Big Red and Stephen Baby in Woostah (game easily could have been 10-1, but Cornell eased up in the third, saving themselves for our Cats the next night).

Agreed, nice rink that they have had in Hamden since 2007; been there many times.
    Last edited by Snively65; 06-07-2020, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Re: UNH 2020 Off-Season Thread: That Rinky-Shrinky Thang And Other Lively Banter

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      Watch this space tomorrow for my unique, fully logical AND foolproof (if somewhat controversial) solution on how the HEA season will begin - with fans in the stands - come October ...
      Looks like the folks in North Carolina beat me to it … hopefully BS-XL is taking notes on this ...

https://www.themix.net/2020/06/ace-s...-restrictions/

Don't shoot the messenger. Hope you catch Mark Robinson's brief speech at the end of the item.

Mr. Robinson is perhaps a little more famous for his "I Am The Majority" speech back in 2018 …

I'd be willing to pay Mark's travel to/from Durham for the 2020 season opener with fans at The Whitt.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Re: UNH 2020 Off-Season Thread: That Rinky-Shrinky Thang And Other Lively Banter

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        Looks like the folks in North Carolina beat me to it … hopefully BS-XL is taking notes on this ...

https://www.themix.net/2020/06/ace-s...-restrictions/

Don't shoot the messenger. Hope you catch Mark Robinson's brief speech at the end of the item.

Mr. Robinson is perhaps a little more famous for his "I Am The Majority" speech back in 2018 …

I'd be willing to pay Mark's travel to/from Durham for the 2020 season opener with fans at The Whitt.
        To use your phrase "not to nit pick" but please, do tell how this video has anything to do with having a hockey season? I have heard his stuff before. Very powerful in his message. If its about rights to do whatever even in the face of a pandemic, then, I must've missed the point. I am fully aware of your obvious disdain for the restrictions of what the virus placed on the country, and trust me, I'm not going down that road again with you here on this page. So if this is your way to keep these flames going, be my guest...even though you said you wouldn't.

And if I've missed the boat entirely on what motivation you had to post this, my apologies. Wouldn't be the first time I 'didn't get it', but it's the last time I post about it too.
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          To use your phrase "not to nit pick" but please, do tell how this video has anything to do with having a hockey season? I have heard his stuff before. Very powerful in his message. If its about rights to do whatever even in the face of a pandemic, then, I must've missed the point. I am fully aware of your obvious disdain for the restrictions of what the virus placed on the country, and trust me, I'm not going down that road again with you here on this page. So if this is your way to keep these flames going, be my guest...even though you said you wouldn't.

And if I've missed the boat entirely on what motivation you had to post this, my apologies. Wouldn't be the first time I 'didn't get it', but it's the last time I post about it too.
          Arrgghh! You took the bait, HR. It is the off-season, and perhaps a very prolonged off-season, and Chuck is a provocateur. If I have learned anything, it is only reply to his sports trivia contests. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Arrgghh! You took the bait, HR. It is the off-season, and perhaps a very prolonged off-season, and Chuck is a provocateur. If I have learned anything, it is only reply to his sports trivia contests. :-)
            Oh well...whatever.
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
              Comparing Sweden to Norway is like comparing Massachusetts to New Hampshire, 'Watcher. Population density of Norway is half that of Sweden's, and a quick perusal of the COVID-19 maps for both countries show that Sweden's only problems center around Stockholm and the southern tip of the country, nearest to Copenhagen Denmark (another hot spot) . If you look at Sweden and Norway by drawing a line across from Oslo to Stockholm, and look north - where the countries are geographically/demographically identical - there is virtually zero difference between the two countries.

Also seems like Florida, Georgia and Texas (and many other states which were excoriated for emerging "too early") seem to be doing pretty darned well, I think you would agree? Total Massachusetts deaths alone are more than the combined death totals of Georgia, Florida and Texas. How's that for pesky facts?

https://nypost.com/2020/05/22/no-cor...tates-re-open/

Also, total Swedish population (10 million) vs. Massachusetts population (7 million), yet COVID deaths in MA are nearly twice that of Sweden. Oops ...
              All these three states saw massive jumps in cases in the last week...🤷*♂️ https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/09/coronavirus-cases-uptick-detected-some-us-states
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                All these three states saw massive jumps in cases in the last week...*♂️ https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...some-us-states
                Of course, it's no coincidence testing has increased in those states over the same time period.

Yet Massachusetts still leads Georgia, Florida and Texas in deaths ... COMBINED.

3 states each individually bigger than MA population-wise, seven (7) times as much combined.

Amazing how folks object to good news on the virus when it doesn't fit their narrative … Dems and alarmists (but I repeat myself) were poised to "pounce" all over those states when they opened, and then … pffffffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttt …

Why wouldn't that be GREAT news for the rest of us? Can someone try to explain that to me?

+++++++++++++++

HR - my apologies, here's the skinny … I was going to post my "solution" to getting fans "safely" in the stands for the UNH Hockey season, but paused long enough to let a speedway down in Elon NC "steal" my brilliant idea - which was to call their event a "protest against inequality" to justify getting 2,000 fans into their small grandstands. Of course, this was exploiting the very obvious contradiction of "stay safe, stay home" Dem policy, which has recently been overridden by the anti-police protests. Didn't hear the "Karens" scolding folks about violating "social distancing" in those events, which kind of exposes the whole thing as a charade. Now our President is talking about resuming his campaign rallies, and the "Karens" are out again in force, totally oblivious to the whopping (and self-serving) contradiction of when/how to enforce social distancing. I mean … please.

My thought was that UNH should have Mark Robinson come up to speak in support of the "protest against inequality" like he did down in Elon NC this past weekend. Positive message, and you could sell the usual 3,000 tickets without a problem …

Satire always works SO well when you have to spell it out, step by step …

Comment

• testing
                  Jr.Crookshank Jr.Pierson Sr.Grasso
                  Sr.Kelleher Jr.Engaras Jr.Esposito
                  Sr.Sato So.Stevenson Sr.MacAdams
                  Fr.Richels So.Hermann Fr.Cafarelli
                  Jr.Cipollone Fr.Gendron Sr.Sacco
                  Fr.Sweeney So.Hankinson
                  defense
                  Sr.Maass So.Eriksson
                  Jr.MacKinnon Fr.Reid
                  Jr.Verrier Fr.Nagle
                  Fr.Jenson Jr.Hickey
                  The Souza record:
                  15-16 10th place
                  16-17 10th place
                  17-18 11th place
                  18-19 8th place
                  19-20 9th place
                  20-21 10th place
                  21-22 9th place
                  22-23 10th place

Comment

Of course, it's no coincidence testing has increased in those states over the same time period.

Yet Massachusetts still leads Georgia, Florida and Texas in deaths ... COMBINED.

3 states each individually bigger than MA population-wise, seven (7) times as much combined.

Amazing how folks object to good news on the virus when it doesn't fit their narrative … Dems and alarmists (but I repeat myself) were poised to "pounce" all over those states when they opened, and then … pffffffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttt …

Why wouldn't that be GREAT news for the rest of us? Can someone try to explain that to me?

+++++++++++++++

HR - my apologies, here's the skinny … I was going to post my "solution" to getting fans "safely" in the stands for the UNH Hockey season, but paused long enough to let a speedway down in Elon NC "steal" my brilliant idea - which was to call their event a "protest against inequality" to justify getting 2,000 fans into their small grandstands. Of course, this was exploiting the very obvious contradiction of "stay safe, stay home" Dem policy, which has recently been overridden by the anti-police protests. Didn't hear the "Karens" scolding folks about violating "social distancing" in those events, which kind of exposes the whole thing as a charade. Now our President is talking about resuming his campaign rallies, and the "Karens" are out again in force, totally oblivious to the whopping (and self-serving) contradiction of when/how to enforce social distancing. I mean … please.

My thought was that UNH should have Mark Robinson come up to speak in support of the "protest against inequality" like he did down in Elon NC this past weekend. Positive message, and you could sell the usual 3,000 tickets without a problem …

Satire always works SO well when you have to spell it out, step by step …

I have no clue what Massachusetts has to do with the numbers JUMPING up in Georgia, Florida, and Texas. Those three states each lifted restrictions around Memorial Day and have seen numbers go up in the last week by a large percentage. This is not good news for any state as it is being spread.

Texas for the third straight day has set a record for hospitalizations for Covid-19. This has nothing to do with testing

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/10/texa...lizations.html
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post

I have no clue what Massachusetts has to do with the numbers JUMPING up in Georgia, Florida, and Texas. Those three states each lifted restrictions around Memorial Day and have seen numbers go up in the last week by a large percentage. This is not good news for any state as it is being spread.

Texas for the third straight day has set a record for hospitalizations for Covid-19. This has nothing to do with testing

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/10/texa...lizations.html
                      The comparison to Massachusetts has to do with something called perspective, Zlax45.

MA has (rounding on each) 7 million residents. TX has 30 million, FL 20 million, GA 10 million.

COVID-19 deaths per state (again, rounding): MA 7,500; FL 2,800; GA 2,400; TX 1,900

So overall, with nine (9) times fewer the combined populations of TX, FL and GA, Massachusetts still has more deaths, which means the death rate per capita in Massachusetts is roughly ten (10) times that of three more populous states, all of whom re-opened significantly more quickly than MA did.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=covid+...FORM=QBRE&sp=4

I expect the MSM will continue to try to scare the bejeezus out of folks with so-called "spikes", rather than, y'know, sharing good news that things seem to be gradually getting back to normal. It's sad, really, but it's really gotten that predictable.

More good news … NH lifts the formality of the stay-at-home order on Monday, restaurants can begin indoor seating, groups can gather for more than 10 people, road races can resume … and movie theaters re-open two weeks later on June 29th.

Happy Friday everyone!! Check out today's Union Leader, photo of changes at The Whitt!!!

Sorry, can't post the link due to paywall restrictions, but it's there if you want to check it out.

Comment

• I'm getting worried that this convo could get tossed over to the faculty lounge soon where the inmates are running the asylum. I need a safe space to decompress!
                        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Could move our entire thread to the faculty lounge?

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                            I'm getting worried that this convo could get tossed over to the faculty lounge soon where the inmates are running the asylum. I need a safe space to decompress!
                            I strongly suspect the folks in the faculty lounge have encamped to CHAZ in Seattle.

Comment

I strongly suspect the folks in the faculty lounge have encamped to CHAZ in Seattle.
                              LOL. No doubt the city seestahs in CHAZ have welcomed them with open arms:-)
                              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                Could move our entire thread to the faculty lounge?
                                No, dammit! I started this thread as a hockey-related OFFSEASON thread. KIDS, DON'T MAKE ME STOP THIS CAR!!!
                                Last edited by Scott; 06-14-2020, 06:51 PM.
                                UNH

Comment

Working...
                                X