UNH 2020 Off-Season Thread: That Rinky-Shrinky Thang And Other Lively Banter :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

At this rate, Eriksson might creep into your Top 5 by the end of tonight's game, 'Watcher ... :-)
    Still behind Reid on D. Reid is so good at retrieving pucks, just had a dump into the corner, he had two guys on him, and he managed to turn, and headman the puck.
    The Souza record:
    15-16 10th place
    16-17 10th place
    17-18 11th place
    18-19 8th place
    19-20 9th place
    20-21 10th place
    21-22 9th place
    22-23 10th place

Comment

• Wasn't pretty at times in the first, but, we dug it out with an amazing THIRD PERIOD and the antics of Angus et al. Super sweet shortie by Engaras and they were off and running. Taylor was tested at the end alittle and we found a way to win this one. Great weekend 'Cats! 'Watcher is right; Angus is a house on fire!
      Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-07-2021, 06:40 AM.
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Nice win. Quality goals.
        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Great comeback, Norm Bazin must be tearing his hair out ... the idea of ANY Coach Bazin team blowing a 3 goal lead in the 3rd period is such a foreign concept, but kudos to the 'Cats for finding a way to a two win weekend. Even if it's "only" a two point win, a win is a win. And a Ty Taylor sighting to boot, eh? Lots of things we could get nitpicky over, but I'm not gonna let that interrupt a rare "feel good" moment for this year's team - perhaps one that could form the basis for a reversal of fortune for the balance of the RS schedule (whatever that ends up looking like)? There I go again, hopelessly optimistic on a pair of W's ...
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Trivia quiz: Who was the last Wildcat to score four goals in a game, and against whom?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Trivia quiz: Who was the last Wildcat to score four goals in a game, and against whom?

Ill bite TyK v Maine?
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

Ill bite TyK v Maine?
                Good guess. TyK had two 5-point games during '16/17 season, 4 assists against UMass on 23 Oct. '15, and 4 points against Omaha on 31 Dec '14

I believe the answer is Stevie "Mr High and Wide" Moses, who scored 4 goals in a game twice in his senior '11/12 season, against Dartmouth on 14 Jan '12 and against Huntsville on 26 Nov. '11. Those 8 goals were part of a 22 G, 13 A season.

Calling Scott, please come back to your thread. We swept the mighty Osprey this weekend!

EDIT: Oopsy, Patrick Grasso scored 4 goals against Merrimack on 29 Oct. '16. Also, another UNH player to score 5 points in a game before Angus Crookshank was Kevin Goumas, on 3 G,2 A, against Denver on 24 Nov. '12.
                Last edited by Snively65; 02-07-2021, 12:59 AM.

Comment

• Watching the highlights was awesome to see the 'Cats score 4 unanswered goals...regardless of how UML is doing etc that was a real treat. Could it be we have turned a corner here? On another note Sens fans are clamoring to sign Angus...fingers crossed he stays for his Senior season but not holding my breath.

4 RS games left?
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Nice comeback win. That’s it. That’s the post!
                    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• In other news the Flagship going on a 2 week pause starting today due to surges of C-19...
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Watching the highlights was awesome to see the 'Cats score 4 unanswered goals...regardless of how UML is doing etc that was a real treat. Could it be we have turned a corner here? On another note Sens fans are clamoring to sign Angus...fingers crossed he stays for his Senior season but not holding my breath.

4 RS games left?
                        Grasso's back door PP goal was Hemmingway-esque. Those boys lived PP life a bit deeper waiting on feeds from the likes of Callander and McFlickier. So nice to see. Crookshank's 3rd(?) was a massive individual skilled effort. His 1st or second was text book how/where to move without the puck. Welcome to the Hobey conversation Angus! Overall improved quickness on receiving a pass and taking a shot. Coaching?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                          Grasso's back door PP goal was Hemmingway-esque. Those boys lived PP life a bit deeper waiting on feeds from the likes of Callander and McFlickier. So nice to see. Crookshank's 3rd(?) was a massive individual skilled effort. His 1st or second was text book how/where to move without the puck. Welcome to the Hobey conversation Angus! Overall improved quickness on receiving a pass and taking a shot. Coaching?!?
                          Yes while I don't know about the Hemmingway-esque I was very impressed at both of the efforts on those two goals! So agree about the Hobey...for next year as isn't this year's already posted? Hope he stays for another season... It was great to see the team getting the pucks to the net more and they stayed with it. Def deserved the outcome they earned! Momentum going forward?
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Battle of the vR's today on right now. JvR just scored his 7th goal of the seasonand lots of positive chatter about TvR.
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• JVR had a goal and an assist today, for 7-11--18 in 13 games this season. His two-point day brings him to 499 career points...

https://***********/NHLGIFs/status/1...096740352?s=20
                              Last edited by Dan; 02-07-2021, 01:45 PM.
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

Yes while I don't know about the Hemmingway-esque I was very impressed at both of the efforts on those two goals! So agree about the Hobey...for next year as isn't this year's already posted? Hope he stays for another season... It was great to see the team getting the pucks to the net more and they stayed with it. Def deserved the outcome they earned! Momentum going forward?
                                Thanks. Gotta admit I am relatively disengaged from college hockey this season. For instance, I typically check the rankings every Monday. Not once this year. I did catch quite a bit of UNO/Denver last night and most of BU/BC Friday. BU/BC looked like a game from the league above us. The Newhook line is very good. Would Crookshank even make it on their 2nd line?

Comment

Working...
                                X