X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott
    replied
    Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Whoa so many injuries...Maass, Kelleher, MacAdams, Crookshank, Gendron. Ty in goal as expected.
    Yes, on paper that would indeed spell doom for the 'Cats...but they had great chance to win last night with the same team on the ice as today (and they're losing 6-3 as I write this, and three more PPG's for the Huskies).

Forget the over/under for games played this season....what are the odds that Souza is given his walking papers when UNH is eliminanted in the HE playoffs in March? I say 50-50.

EDIT: 8-3 final. Yikes. In the last three games, two NHL-drafted goalies have given up 21 goals, an average of 7 per game. Sorry, but at this point, someone needs to be fired......
    Last edited by Scott; 01-16-2021, 06:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HockeyRef
    replied
    Whoa so many injuries...Maass, Kelleher, MacAdams, Crookshank, Gendron. Ty in goal as expected.
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-16-2021, 04:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    What has really changed to improve the hockey program since 2003?
    My point exactly.

* Quality of players in the program has fallen off
    * Quality of coaching (yes) and recruiting have both fallen off
    * UNH AD/admin has done nothing to improve the on-ice product
    * Admin HAS intervened too often to undercut the "fan experience"
    * Not surprisingly, student AND non-student interest have both fallen off
    * Home ice advantage has disappeared, now "Let's change the ice size"
    * Whittemore Center is almost 20 years older, and very much looking it

But we do have a state of the art scoreboard AND ribbon board, so that's a plus ...

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Hey Snives - UNH is up to nine (9) games played, could/should be at 11 by the end of this weekend.

I thought your "under" on the 12.5 Games Played over/under was solid. I'm as surprised as you are.
    Yup, I guess that the Ivies were just a bunch of fraidy cats, along with RPI and Union.

More seriously, I am happy that college hockey players are not losing an entire season, especially the seniors. And just like the regular students on campus up until Thanksgiving, the players are doing their best to avoid infection. I applaud them for that. But, on-campus avoidance of rampaging infections is going to be much more challenging during the second semester, I think.

Not sorry that I missed the game against the NU Fuskies, but sorry that I missed the game against the Yukon Fuskies, which sounded exciting despite the loss, with the score, SOG, and FOW being about as close as could be.

Leave a comment:

• The Zlax45
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

I remember moaning about how the program regressed - gradually but steadily - after their last trip to the '03 Buffalo FF, for about a decade. Since then, unfortunately, the slide has continued, and the pace has quickened. Bad combination. I want to be patient with MS7, and I'm sure given the circumstances of the current season, no decisions will be taken against him even if this season ends up following the same pattern as the preceding decade.

The overall institutional apathy exhibited over the demise of UNH Hockey has been heartbreaking. Again, I want it to work for MS7 and his staff, I want it to work for Coach Umile, and I'm even hoping it works for their mutual boss. That's how much it means to me. But three years of transition, three more years post-transition, and we're not seeing any progress.

I guess the only question is, how long will the guy who sanctioned this unique transition continue to dither in hopes this works out OR he can kick the can for the really hard decision - an admission this plan isn't going to work - far enough down the road for his successor to have to clean it up? And how many of us will still be around to enjoy the payoff when it finally arrives?
    What has really changed to improve the hockey program since 2003?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X