Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else receiving this: Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page. For assistance contact the site administrator. when trying to view our recruiting page since the site upgrade?
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
      Lol. Desperation in trumpyland is getting so entertaining. That’s ok though, as it is all soon going to crumble down to nothing but jail times....
      Nope, sorry, he's your problem - not ours. Trump banned him from his place and called him out as a dirtbag circa 2004, back before Trump was even with the GOP. Uncle Jeffrey last donated to RINO GOP'ers like Bob Dole and George W. Bush circa 2000. He's been all-Democrat, all the time ever since. Just like his Hollywood pal, Harvey Weinstein. Read it and weep ...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...mocrats-holly/

BTW, don't you have some virtue signaling, statue-tipping, Antifa rally to go to?!?!?
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
        Anyone else receiving this: Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page. For assistance contact the site administrator. when trying to view our recruiting page since the site upgrade?
        Must be you, Darius. Just went in and messaged briefly to bring it back up.

Comment

• Just for fun folks if you are following the Angus Crookshank HE "Plays of the Game" saga he's moved into the Finals! Just voted for the Maine player (had to; couldn't give the BU kid the spot, even tho he is quite talented...just couldn't to take up the other spot. Good summer fun folks; high drama and all...go Angus!!
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Scrounging for scheduling info and it looks like your home schedule is on the Whitt ice time calendar: https://crec.unh.edu/Facility/GetSch...c-452b0e9cc112

10/9 Army
            10/23 Union
            11/13 Maine*
            11/17 Merrimack*
            11/21 Harvard
            11/27 Dartmouth
            12/5 Merrimack*
            12/8 BU*
            12/12 Connecticut*
            1/9 Northeastern*
            1/15 Providence*
            1/22 Massachusetts*
            2/13 BU*
            2/26 Lowell*
            3/5 BC*

I don't know how much it's worth at this point in time, but it appears HE has adjusted who plays each other three times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Nope, sorry, he's your problem - not ours. Trump banned him from his place and called him out as a dirtbag circa 2004, back before Trump was even with the GOP. Uncle Jeffrey last donated to RINO GOP'ers like Bob Dole and George W. Bush circa 2000. He's been all-Democrat, all the time ever since. Just like his Hollywood pal, Harvey Weinstein. Read it and weep ...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...mocrats-holly/

BTW, don't you have some virtue signaling, statue-tipping, Antifa rally to go to?!?!?

No statue tipping here, rally, no also. But do enjoy that el dumbo rally where the other tinfoil hats will be.
              $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
              Just win.....

Comment

• Things have again gone off the boil here, I see. I'm glad USCHO decided to "fix" their forums. What used to be a pretty lively place has come down with a severe case of the dysfunctional drabs. This is what happens when folks get the overwhelming desire to "fix" stuff that ain't broken. Which brings me to today's off-topic contribution ...

What's Going On in DC and Their Incessant Name Change Obsessions?

You may have heard that DC's football team of nearly the last century is discussing a name change. Apparently it has been determined by the woke capitalists who are the key sponsors of the "Washington Redskins" that their name is simply racist and needs to be changed. Not that DC hasn't been down this path before ... it wasn't all of a generation ago that the NBA's Bullets - who had originated in nearby Baltimore - were forced to change their name to the Wizards. Apparently the owner no longer wished to have his team linked to a nickname with "violent connotations". Strangely enough, this line of thinking didn't extend to the (Golden State) Warriors, nor was PETA able to shake the (NJ/Brooklyn) Nets off of their nickname, despite the horrendous violence that nets cause to poor innocent dolphins that get caught in commercial tuna fishing trade. That leaves one to conclude that perhaps Abe Pollin apparently had an issue with the Second Amendment instead. But I digress ...

So now, another team originally from out of town - yes, a team ironically born in epicenter of the woke groupthink bubble that is Boston - has diagnosed a branding problem, and it appears that as a result of pressure from the woke capitalists at FedEx, with PepsiCo, Nike and Bank of America piling on to extra effect, there will be a name change in time for the start of the 2021 NFL season. The problematic racist name must go. So here are the alternate names intended to solve this woke crisis:

* Potomac Redskins
                * District of Columbia/DC Redskins
                * Beltway Redskins
                * Alexandria Redskins

To date there has been no comment from ownership of the Wizards, Capitals or Nationals on their reaction to the situation ...

WIS odds of this post lasting beyond noontime tomorrow: 3:1 against

Comment

• Originally posted by dunbar View Post
                  Scrounging for scheduling info and it looks like your home schedule is on the Whitt ice time calendar: https://crec.unh.edu/Facility/GetSch...c-452b0e9cc112

10/9 Army
                  10/23 Union
                  11/13 Maine*
                  11/17 Merrimack*
                  11/21 Harvard
                  11/27 Dartmouth
                  12/5 Merrimack*
                  12/8 BU*
                  12/12 Connecticut*
                  1/9 Northeastern*
                  1/15 Providence*
                  1/22 Massachusetts*
                  2/13 BU*
                  2/26 Lowell*
                  3/5 BC*

I don't know how much it's worth at this point in time, but it appears HE has adjusted who plays each other three times.
                  It looks to me like the HE schedule is just the reverse of this past season, except for Maine. UNH should be hosting them for 2 games, but as the schedule only has 11 HE games on it it's possible the second Maine game was either overlooked or will be played in Manchester.

Sean
                  Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                  Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                  BU Hockey highlights and extras
                  NCAA Hockey Financials
                  Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                  I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by dunbar View Post
                    Scrounging for scheduling info and it looks like your home schedule is on the Whitt ice time calendar: https://crec.unh.edu/Facility/GetSch...c-452b0e9cc112

10/9 Army
                    10/23 Union
                    11/13 Maine*
                    11/17 Merrimack*
                    11/21 Harvard
                    11/27 Dartmouth
                    12/5 Merrimack*
                    12/8 BU*
                    12/12 Connecticut*
                    1/9 Northeastern*
                    1/15 Providence*
                    1/22 Massachusetts*
                    2/13 BU*
                    2/26 Lowell*
                    3/5 BC*

Nice detective work. I see UNH also has an exhibition game against St. Francis on Sunday Oct. 4th at 4 pm.
                    THINK PINK
                    BLEED BLUE

Comment

Of course, it's no coincidence testing has increased in those states over the same time period.

Yet Massachusetts still leads Georgia, Florida and Texas in deaths ... COMBINED.

3 states each individually bigger than MA population-wise, seven (7) times as much combined.

Amazing how folks object to good news on the virus when it doesn't fit their narrative … Dems and alarmists (but I repeat myself) were poised to "pounce" all over those states when they opened, and then … pffffffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttt …

Why wouldn't that be GREAT news for the rest of us? Can someone try to explain that to me?

+++++++++++++++

HR - my apologies, here's the skinny … I was going to post my "solution" to getting fans "safely" in the stands for the UNH Hockey season, but paused long enough to let a speedway down in Elon NC "steal" my brilliant idea - which was to call their event a "protest against inequality" to justify getting 2,000 fans into their small grandstands. Of course, this was exploiting the very obvious contradiction of "stay safe, stay home" Dem policy, which has recently been overridden by the anti-police protests. Didn't hear the "Karens" scolding folks about violating "social distancing" in those events, which kind of exposes the whole thing as a charade. Now our President is talking about resuming his campaign rallies, and the "Karens" are out again in force, totally oblivious to the whopping (and self-serving) contradiction of when/how to enforce social distancing. I mean … please.

My thought was that UNH should have Mark Robinson come up to speak in support of the "protest against inequality" like he did down in Elon NC this past weekend. Positive message, and you could sell the usual 3,000 tickets without a problem …

Satire always works SO well when you have to spell it out, step by step …

This post didn't age well for you Chuck huh?
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post

This post didn't age well for you Chuck huh?
                        Actually, Massachusetts still has almost as many COVID deaths (8.400) than the other three states combined (10,500), keeping in mind of course that there seven (7) times as many people living in those other three states. For it to begin to get close, by the time MA reaches 10,000 deaths, that would require TX-FL-GA - all of whom still have less than half apiece of MA individually, despite being significantly larger - to start totaling in the 60,000-70,000 range. That's not going to happen, despite the predictably loud noises being made in the MSM to exaggerate, and continue to try to scare the bejeezus out of normal folks. So yeah, the post has aged just fine, especially my prediction of the macabre MSM cheerleaders.

Over to you ...

Comment

• Dear Fellow Wildcats —

We have decided to postpone the university’s fall sports season in conjunction with our league partners, the America East Conference and the Colonial Athletic Association. While the leagues are exploring the possibility of conducting fall intercollegiate sports during the spring semester, no decision has been made.

The health and safety of our students and our communities remain the university’s top priorities. Given the nature of intercollegiate sports and how COVID-19 is spread, we and our league partners believe it is in the best interest of our student-athletes to postpone the season . As a result of this postponement and the inability to safely gather in large numbers, the traditional homecoming and family weekends in October will not be held. Decisions about winter sports competition, including basketball and ice hockey, will be made at a later date. Discussions are ongoing for a phased approach for student-athletes to safely return to practice and training in compliance with university, CDC and N.H. Department of Health and Human Services guidelines.

We know this is a great disappointment for the coaches, staff, fans and the 350 student-athletes on our men’s and women’s cross country, football, field hockey, volleyball and men’s and women’s soccer teams. We look forward to the resumption of athletic competition as soon as it is safe to do so.

James W. Dean Jr.
                          President

Marty Scarano
                          Director of Athletics
                          UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• James W. Dean Jr.
                            President
                            Marty Scarano
                            Director of Athletics

These two must be in on the great hoax or they are exaggerating and trying to scare the bejeezus out of people. Can’t figure which one.
                            $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                            Just win.....

Comment

Actually, Massachusetts still has almost as many COVID deaths (8.400) than the other three states combined (10,500), keeping in mind of course that there seven (7) times as many people living in those other three states. For it to begin to get close, by the time MA reaches 10,000 deaths, that would require TX-FL-GA - all of whom still have less than half apiece of MA individually, despite being significantly larger - to start totaling in the 60,000-70,000 range. That's not going to happen, despite the predictably loud noises being made in the MSM to exaggerate, and continue to try to scare the bejeezus out of normal folks. So yeah, the post has aged just fine, especially my prediction of the macabre MSM cheerleaders.

Over to you ...
                              Now it is ALMOST.....Florida, Texas, and Georgia are not even close to Mass anymore in daily rates of infection even with a three month headstart to get a plan together.

Massachusetts had 234 cases with 12 deaths on Friday total while Georgia had a whopping 3,441 infections and only 13 deaths. Florida had 13,965 and 156 deaths and Texas was at 10,291 and 129 deaths.
                              Last edited by The Zlax45; 07-17-2020, 10:30 PM.
                              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post

Now it is ALMOST.....Florida, Texas, and Georgia are not even close to Mass anymore in daily rates of infection even with a three month headstart to get a plan together.

Massachusetts had 234 cases with 12 deaths on Friday total while Georgia had a whopping 3,441 infections and only 13 deaths. Florida had 13,965 and 156 deaths and Texas was at 10,291 and 129 deaths.
                                Again ... you realize the combined populations of those 3 states is approx. 60 million, correct? While Massachusetts has just under 7 million population, or roughly nine (9) times less than of those combined states? So, multiply MA deaths by a factor of 9, and you're around 75,000-80,000. TX-FL-GA are still (combined) only approaching 11,000. That's seven (7) times the overall rate. So despite the exaggerated so-called "spikes" in those oft-mentioned Red states, it is still far worse in Blue MA.

Let's match up Red TX-FL-GA (combined 66 million population) with Blue CA-NY-MA (66 million) ... should be right about the same amount, arguably with slightly more (10%?) in the Blue states. In actuality ... 11,000 deaths in the 3 Red states, and approaching 50,000 in the 3 Blue states. That's more than four (4) times the rate. Interestingly, CA has less COVID deaths than MA - although supposedly CA is another "hot spot" (often overlooked by the agenda driven MSM), so even if numbers continue to creep in the Red states, the CA numbers are also likely to at least match those increases.

NH also has one-fifth the population of adjoining MA, so multiplying our deaths by a factor of five (5) still only gets us to around 2,000 which is less than a quarter of the MA death rate. Rhode Island interestingly enough, has a rate only slightly below the MA rate. CT's rate is pretty much level with MA.

Predictably, the ghoulish MSM that once crowed about death figures, has now abandoned them so they can again shift the goalposts to overall positive tests, now that testing has expanded, and the average age of the positive tests have shrunken, meaning that well over 99% of those tests will not result in fatality. As this graph shows, deaths have trended steadily and substantially down over the last 12 weeks:

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/d...-3-day-average

Interestingly, any (minor) increase in deaths seems (not-so-coincidentally) timed in the direct aftermath of the widespread riots (oops I'm not supposed to say that, am I?) in the big (virtually entirely Blue) cities. But even that slight uptick is heading back down.

The science says, kids are safe, schools have opened safely in other parts of the world, the Bundesliga and Premiership have or will be completing their FULL seasons by this time next weekend, fans are being allowed back into Aussie Football games already (reduced numbers) and the Premier League will be doing the same by October, with full capacity expected by the end of the year (December festive season). Yet our rich, whiny athletes and "woke" owners in North America continue to resist, for different reasons.

The game is up, and only fools are being fooled anymore. Sadly, it's really all just about politics now.

We played along long enough, now it's time to get back to normal. As in, the old normal.

And just as I say that, UNH announces it has "postponed" - not cancelled - its Fall Sports season ... shocking ... not

Comment

Working...
                                X