No announcement yet.

UNH 2020 Off-Season Thread: That Rinky-Shrinky Thang And Other Lively Banter :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH 2020 Off-Season Thread: That Rinky-Shrinky Thang And Other Lively Banter

Isn't he the second Denver kid to transfer to UNH in recent years? MacKinnon the other one??

Sounds like a good development for a team in need of a productive top 6 scorer.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Re: UNH 2020 Off-Season Thread: That Rinky-Shrinky Thang And Other Lively Banter

HR approves welcome to the 'Cats Tyler Ward!! Great news..
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        Isn't he the second Denver kid to transfer to UNH in recent years? MacKinnon the other one??

Sounds like a good development for a team in need of a productive top 6 scorer.
        MacKinnon was a decommit, not a transfer, but yes his original school was Denver

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          Did anyone see this one coming? Dan?

Really hoping that we get to see college hockey this coming year, even if just for a conference schedule beginning in January.
          Thanks for joining Ward. Imagine if Stutzle was still coming to Durham also. Seems talent is trickling back to the Whitt

Comment

The Souza record:
            15-16 10th place
            16-17 10th place
            17-18 11th place
            18-19 8th place
            19-20 9th place
            20-21 10th place
            21-22 9th place
            22-23 10th place

Comment

Looking at 'Watcher's last post … you get the feeling this will be the new way of the D-1 world, with increasing player portability. Not sure I like it, but no one asked me, so the best we can hope for is that MS7 and his staff are prepared to work within the new framework for the betterment of the UNH program. It'll be even better when UNH starts to become first choice for these players.
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

He (Ward) will sit out a year? Yes?
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  He (Ward) will sit out a year? Yes?
                  I think that he gets to play this season, that is, if anyone plays this season.

Comment

I think that he gets to play this season, that is, if anyone plays this season.
                    Yes man sure hope so...even in a reduced schedule. I just thought transfers sat out a season unless its a situation like BvR (I know zip about this stuff just past situations?)
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Thanks for the post Mike as I was just about to put this up if you hadn't! Hope all are well...
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

It’s my understanding that Tyler Ward could play for UNH in the 2020-21 season if the NCAA approves the one-time transfer waiver at it’s May meeting.
                            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              Yes man sure hope so...even in a reduced schedule. I just thought transfers sat out a season unless its a situation like BvR (I know zip about this stuff just past situations?)
                              Oops, I jumped the gun on non-graduate transfers, thinking that playing immediately had already been approved, but we will see next month. BvR was a graduate transfer, so could play for his new team immediately.

Comment

Oops, I jumped the gun on non-graduate transfers, thinking that playing immediately had already been approved, but we will see next month. BvR was a graduate transfer, so could play for his new team immediately.
                                Right...I'm aware about how BvR, Justin Agosta, were able to play immediately for their new teams. Fingers crossed he is allowed to play next? Season!! We will find out...Given their usual policies I'd be surprised; look at how long we had to wait for Filip to get on the ice. I know this is a totally different thing and it will be interesting to see how the NCAA does with this...
                                Last edited by HockeyRef; 04-24-2020, 08:05 AM.
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X