Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
    I hate to say this, but maybe Shirley knew this was coming...
    I doubt that.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
      I hate to say this, but maybe Shirley knew this was coming...
      I doubt she knew this specifically was coming, but given that some of the DIII basketball tourney games had been played without spectators and it had been suggested for some pro-level sports, it was kind of only a matter of time. It sucks that we had a whole day of "RPI banning spectators" before any more dominoes fell, but this was all somewhat inevitable.
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        OK. But then there would be four teams, RPI and the 3 winners. How does one get a final 5?
        With the way things are going lately, maybe my math was a bit off. Thanks RB.
        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

When it comes time for the offseason thread RPI Offseason: Offseason Cancelled

Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Congrats to the team on a very good season. Thanks to the seniors for coming to Troy. A congrats also goes to the staff for the success of this season. It is truly a shame that these developments occurred. I believe that they will cancel the tourney in Placid because the ivies will not be there. There would always be asterisks next to the Champ. I believe that RPI would have beat Harvard. I have an eye already to next season. The big question mark is will Savory sign a pro contract. Usually, as most of you know, Goalies are given time to bake in college, Savory is 22 and was National Goalie of the month twice this year. I think there is likelihood he gets a pro contract. Reilly and Burgess leaving will blow a gaping hole in the lineup. The league is way down as far as talent is concerned so Marshall, Babichuk, et al hopefully will be able to take up the slack.
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
              Congrats to the team on a very good season. Thanks to the seniors for coming to Troy. A congrats also goes to the staff for the success of this season. It is truly a shame that these developments occurred. I believe that they will cancel the tourney in Placid because the ivies will not be there. There would always be asterisks next to the Champ. I believe that RPI would have beat Harvard. I have an eye already to next season. The big question mark is will Savory sign a pro contract. Usually, as most of you know, Goalies are given time to bake in college, Savory is 22 and was National Goalie of the month twice this year. I think there is likelihood he gets a pro contract. Reilly and Burgess leaving will blow a gaping hole in the lineup. The league is way down as far as talent is concerned so Marshall, Babichuk, et al hopefully will be able to take up the slack.
              Aspy-Great to see you return here. i do not think we blow a big hole for next year in the lineup. We are losing quite a bit of offense and not as much on defense as it would seem. Our current crop of young defense men should be able to carry this team until any new arrivals fit in. The key is as you mention, Owen Savory. He has been pure gold this year and hopefully he is with us for 2 more years. We have a lot of question marks as far as recruits coming in and whether they can produce offense but that is the case virtually every year. i prefer to remain positive though and expect that our defense will keep us in games until we develop enough up front to score by committee.
              Still waiting for the decision as to whether this season is going to continue in any way. Personally i could care less if they play in totally vacant arenas, I just want this team to reap the benefit of playing in th epost season that they earned and worked so hard for.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Their seniors have been to two NCAA tournaments and were carried this year by a team of hotshot underclassmen. I will feel badly for our seniors if this is the end because they have truly lifted a program and given it more hope than we've seen in several years. They've earned the chance to play for a trip to LP and the excitement of a league tournament final four. We'd be an underdog up north, but I wouldn't count our guys out in one game against anyone in this league.
                Last edited by rpi82; 03-11-2020, 05:25 PM.

Comment

You seem to be a little bit ahead of the curve with this post.
                  Do you know something that we don't?
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

Only one ivy has cancelled. You guys really need to stop jumping the gun before anything is announced. You really think Cornell is going to cancel their season with the #1 team in the country for both men's and women's? I doubt it

Comment

Not hockey but thought you guys would appreciate my most recent medical release received - Doubt this is privileged in any way so will post it here.

March 11, 2020
                      COVID-19 Incubation period, diagnostic utility of CT scans for COVID-19, and updated guidance from the CDC

By Denise Baez

NEW YORK -- March 11, 2020 -- The coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation, with new information pouring in daily. What are some of the most recent discoveries and updates?

First, researchers have found that the incubation period for COVID-19 is approximately 5 days. Stephen A. Lauer, MS, PhD, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, and colleagues pooled data of confirmed COVID-19 cases reported between January 4, 2020, and February 24, 2020 from 50 provinces, regions, and countries outside Wuhan, China. They analysed demographic characteristics and dates and times of possible exposure, symptom onset, fever onset, and hospitalisation.

Results, published in the Annals of Internal Medicine, showed that the median incubation period was estimated to be 5.1 days and 97.5% of those who develop symptoms will do so within 11.5 days of infection. These estimates imply that, under conservative assumptions, 101 out of every 10,000 cases will develop symptoms after 14 days of active monitoring or quarantine.

Moving on to the diagnostic utility of CT scans in COVID-19, radiologists have found a low rate of misdiagnosis of COVID-19 (3.9%) with CT scans. Yan Li, MD, and Liming Xia, MD, Tongji Hospital, Wuhan, China, compared examined image reports of the first 51 patients diagnosed with COVID-19 infection confirmed by nucleic acid testing and 2 patients with adenovirus. When comparing the initial CT study with laboratory test results to identify patterns suggestive of viral infection, COVID-19 was misdiagnosed as a common infection at the initial CT study in 2 patients with underlying disease and COVID-19. Meanwhile, viral pneumonia was correctly diagnosed at the initial CT study in the remaining 49 patients with COVID-19 and in the 2 patients with adenovirus. The findings, published in the American Journal of Roentgenology, could help standardise imaging features and rules of transformation for rapid diagnosis.

Lastly, we look at interim guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for healthcare facilities caring for patients with known or suspected COVID-19. The CDC stated that all healthcare facilities should prioritize the use of N-95 respirators and other respiratory protection devices during high-risk procedures while still protecting healthcare personnel with facemasks and eye protection during other routine patient care activities in the setting of temporary respirator shortages. Based on local and regional situational analysis of personal protective equipment supplies, facemasks are an acceptable alternative when the supply chain of respirators cannot meet the demand.

Eye protection, gown, and gloves continue to be recommended. If there are shortages of gowns, they should be prioritized for aerosol-generating procedures, care activities where splashes and sprays are anticipated, and high-contact patient care activities that provide opportunities for transfer of pathogens to the hands and clothing of healthcare personnel.

In addition, patients with known or suspected COVID-19 should be cared for in a single-person room with the door closed. Airborne Infection Isolation Rooms (AIIRs) should be reserved for patients undergoing aerosol-generating procedures.

PS-I get these updates multiple times per day from tehe CDC and this one has some really recent information

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        Aspy-Great to see you return here.
                        Thanks DrD. I'm sure Ralph has the same feelings. Please send my love to Jenny.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                          You seem to be a little bit ahead of the curve with this post.
                          Do you know something that we don't?
                          I can neither confirm or deny.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Personally i could care less if they play in totally vacant arenas, I just want this team to reap the benefit of playing in th epost season that they earned and worked so hard for.
                            This is of course, is spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                              If the other Ivies don’t drop out, then whoever wins those series this weekend move on. They might have dropped out in the time it took me to type this 😆
                              Feel bad for you and Bobby abt Placid. You guys were going to tear up the town.

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                                Only one ivy has cancelled. You guys really need to stop jumping the gun before anything is announced. You really think Cornell is going to cancel their season with the #1 team in the country for both men's and women's? I doubt it
                                As Ralph can attest, my accuracy rate is 95.5%

Comment

Working...
                                X