X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2020 UVM offseason: Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
    So what happened with Grillo/Perrin?
    Well I guess you could say that logic won out and UVM realized it wasn't a good idea. Would love to see Perrin get into coaching though at the juniors, college or pro level. One thing I think UVM suffers from is outside Dom Ducharme they really don't have an alumni base in coaching at the college or NHL level to draw from so a guy like Grillo becomes a serious candidate because he's almost the closest you can get. Also UVM assistants almost always it feels like UVM is their last stop before being out of coaching or if they get a chance like Micheletto they don't do well at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Groot View Post
      Have many jobs has Keefe been "offered" and backed out on now?
      Who says he was offered the job?

Comment

The more Google articles I read on Woodcroft it sounds like he's really about development and making sure teams and players have an identity and role on the ice. He might not have any college experience but if he's able to create a successful system and mold successful players into something good at UVM I would be for it since I personally feel like developing talent and having a team identity that's not regressive like the last few years is how UVM is going to get out of the basement. Neither candidate in my mind comes without big questions but ultimately have to give them the chance to prove they have what it takes on the job.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
          Who says he was offered the job?
          that is why I put it in quotation marks.

Comment

Have many jobs has Keefe been "offered" and backed out on now? I think we heard this about Holy Cross Merrimack and now Vermont. Wasn't it reported that he was going to BU as an assistant with O'Connell and then backed out? He seems to back out of a lot of things but is highly wanted apparently getting offered all these jobs and not taking them
            The term "backed out" is incorrect and unfair. You can't back out of a deal if you have never accepted the offer. I can't speak to what happened at HC or Merrimack, but I do know that bu pursued Jerry two summers ago with a "full court press, (to borrow a term from bouncy ball). He turned them down. He has a very good situation at NU, and works well with Jimmy Madigan and others. The fact that he has taken his name out of the mix saves UVM the stress/embarrassment of having its offer rejected.
            Last edited by HHound; 04-15-2020, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Catamount View Post
              The more Google articles I read on Woodcroft it sounds like he's really about development and making sure teams and players have an identity and role on the ice. He might not have any college experience but if he's able to create a successful system and mold successful players into something good at UVM I would be for it since I personally feel like developing talent and having a team identity that's not regressive like the last few years is how UVM is going to get out of the basement. Neither candidate in my mind comes without big questions but ultimately have to give them the chance to prove they have what it takes on the job.
              You just saved me a bunch of time in The Google. Completely agree with everything you wrote. Sounds a lot like what I read about the Joe Judge (Giants new head coach). Judge is all about identifying players strengths and putting them in a position to succeed.

Comment

Have many jobs has Keefe been "offered" and backed out on now?...He seems to back out of a lot of things...
                To my knowledge (and I'm not an "insider") Jerry Keefe never "backed out" of anything. He was pursued by several schools (and/or their headhunters) rather than the other way around. He accepted invites to interview, listened, and decided those situations were not for him. Interviews do not equal offers. The BU thing was more a Twitter feeding frenzy than anything substantive as there was no compelling reason for him to accept a lateral move to a comparable situation.

But yes, he's highly regarded in the hockey world and UVM is likely not the last to program to show interest in him.
                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                    If true, and after a quick internet history of this guy...GREAT choice if we can get him.

Comment

• Re: 2020 UVM offseason: Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Didn't see that coming. I really liked Barr and would be interested in hearing why he didn't get the job. I am a bit worried they over thought this one, but who knows what the circumstances were?

I will say this guy has a long resume and seems like someome who knows how to think and teach hockey. I just wish he had some experience in college. Assistant coach hires are really gonna be big. They need a lead recruiter on staff.

Comment

He definately understands how to use video to teach:

https://www.google.com/search?q=todd...w=1920&bih=937

Comment

Good video intro of who Todd Woodcroft is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNFT4-Yg_kI

Video gets REALLY good around 10 minutes in where he is talking about incremental skill development
                          Last edited by j24vt; 04-15-2020, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Gotta say, while I didn't see it coming I like what I'm reading and watching.

Comment

Take it easy, not a done deal yet....

Comment

Agree....just saying I'm good with both candidates.

Comment

Working...
                                X