Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 UVM offseason: Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: 2020 UVM offseason: Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

    Definitely some good news flowing in on recruiting, particularly in the area of offensive talent.

    This UAH guy certainly has good stats, and we also just signed the CCHL rookie of the year Dovar Tinling who has excellent offensive stats (we have his brother as well).

    Liking what I am seeing on the recruiting front for sure.

    Comment


    • Jeff Schulman this afternoon on 101.3 The Game ...
      UVM is temporarily deferring $30 Million from the Arena project ... but good news for hockey. Work continues on the Gutterson renovations ... work on the hoop facility delayed indefinitely.
      Last edited by PuckVoice; 06-05-2020, 08:49 PM.

      Comment


      • Re: 2020 UVM offseason: Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

        Originally posted by Catamount93 View Post
        Definitely some good news flowing in on recruiting, particularly in the area of offensive talent.

        This UAH guy certainly has good stats, and we also just signed the CCHL rookie of the year Dovar Tinling who has excellent offensive stats (we have his brother as well).

        Liking what I am seeing on the recruiting front for sure.
        And that's before Woody brings in his assistants. I believe UVM is still in a hiring freeze so afaik this is mostly Hill working rn
        https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
        https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

        Frozen Four: '96, '09
        NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

        /r/collegehockey moderator
        Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

        Comment


        • Re: 2020 UVM offseason: Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

          Renewed our tickets last week. Still displaced from our normal seats for another year

          Comment


          • From the New England Hockey Journal (I'm paywalled but someone posted this nugget on Twitter), sounds like Stephen Wiedler will be one of Woody's assistants. 33 years old, went to Southern Maine, currently associate HC at AIC, previously at D3 Curry.
            https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
            https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

            Frozen Four: '96, '09
            NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

            /r/collegehockey moderator
            Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

            Comment


            • Just saw DeRoche transferred. Did this happen a while ago or is it new?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SoucyWasNoSieve View Post
                Just saw DeRoche transferred. Did this happen a while ago or is it new?
                It’s old, happened back in April I believe.

                Comment


                • This might be old news, but I came across something interesting today that I hadn't heard before. The hockey team did a post on Instagram welcoming 10 new players to the team. The post had a pic of each player, along with their height, weight, number, and where they're from. One of the players is Whim Stalberg from Gothenberg, Sweden, who most recently played for the Jersey Hitmen. I assume this must be a brother or some sort of relative of Victor and Sebastian Stalberg. That's kinda cool! Had this been publicized anywhere previously? BTW, Whim is 6'5" and 225 pounds! I doesn't say what position he plays, anyone know? The 10 new guys also includes a player from Miami University named Noah Jordan. He's 6'5" and 215 pounds! Gotta say I'm more than a little excited to see what Woodcroft can do. Hopefully there will be some hockey this year!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                    This might be old news, but I came across something interesting today that I hadn't heard before. The hockey team did a post on Instagram welcoming 10 new players to the team. The post had a pic of each player, along with their height, weight, number, and where they're from. One of the players is Whim Stalberg from Gothenberg, Sweden, who most recently played for the Jersey Hitmen. I assume this must be a brother or some sort of relative of Victor and Sebastian Stalberg. That's kinda cool! Had this been publicized anywhere previously? BTW, Whim is 6'5" and 225 pounds! I doesn't say what position he plays, anyone know? The 10 new guys also includes a player from Miami University named Noah Jordan. He's 6'5" and 215 pounds! Gotta say I'm more than a little excited to see what Woodcroft can do. Hopefully there will be some hockey this year!
                    Cousin and forward, respectively:

                    #11 WHIM STALBERG | F | 6-5 | 215 | Gothenburg, SWE | Jersey Hitmen (NCDC)
                    Whim, cousin of former Catamounts Viktor and Sebastian, spent last season with the Jersey Hitmen of the NCDC, where he was a teammate of fellow first year player, Mickey Burns. In 2019-20, he scored 8 goals and added 26 assists for 34 points in 46 games played. Prior to his time in the NCDC, Whim played for Karlskrona HC in the J20 SuperElit, where he had a 15-25-40 line in 45 games played.

                    Comment


                    • Babcock on board? this came from NOWHERE

                      https://twitter.com/RealKyper/status...48596078587905
                      https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
                      https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

                      Frozen Four: '96, '09
                      NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

                      /r/collegehockey moderator
                      Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

                      Comment


                      • Just saw the coaching on FB myself. Sounds like Babcock's role is limited and I don't expect it to last long, but if it effects even a recruit or two it'd be a really big deal.

                        Still love what I'm seeing from Woodcroft at this stage. He's got my full support so far.

                        Comment


                        • https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...oaching-staff/

                          This certainly will not hurt the program, maybe steer some players to the Gut...

                          Comment


                          • Not to rain on anyone's parade....OK -- just about too...but Babcock's firing from Toronto was followed by a flurry of abuse ('mental' variety) allegations from former players like Johann Franzen and Chris Chelios (Detroit Red Wings). First job since....big name but hopefully UVM is prepared for some blowback...because there will be.....

                            Comment


                            • Interesting choice of job title. I get it that his focus might be on recruiting, which is one of the prime responsibilities of the ACs. So hiring him as an "advisor" might be a way of getting around the limit on coaches?
                              Last edited by Split-N; 07-30-2020, 09:20 AM.
                              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                                Interesting choice of job title. I get it that his focus might be on recruiting, which is one of the prime responsibilities of the ACs. So hiring him as an "advisor" might be a way of getting around the limit on coaches?
                                It looks like Babcock is mostly reviewing tape and will be working mostly remotely with a few trips to the Gutt here and there. At least from what I've read he won't be there full time.

                                It looks like the future of the Catamounts will be very different then the past.
                                Originally posted by Hokydad
                                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X