This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covid 19

The degree of name calling and hatred emanating from one side of this discussion is pretty much shocking
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by acs64 View Post
      The degree of name calling and hatred emanating from one side of this discussion is pretty much shocking
      I love you man. I care about you. Put the fear behind you. Face the facts. It will be okay. Trump can’t do a thing. He’s a false god.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
        So I've noticed ...
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          So I've noticed ...
          I love you Chuck. When you feel strong enough to leave I will be here to support you.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
            I love you Chuck. When you feel strong enough to leave I will be here to support you.

Not leaving. But thanks for the kind offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by acs64 View Post
              They can't help themselves acs!
              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                Amazing the lies Trump worshippers believe.
                The opposition has made pointing out the so called "lies" a cottage industry Russ.
                Last edited by e.cat; 03-22-2020, 09:38 AM.
                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                  The opposition has made pointing out the lies a cottage industry Russ.
                  Because it’s a daily occurrence.
                  $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                  Just win.....

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                    Amazing the lies Trump worshippers believe.
                    e.cat posted that President Trump had sounded the alarm about China being a bad actor long ago.

So where are the "lies" in the tweet e.cat posted, Russ?

FWIW, here's a link to an article talking about what we were kicking around on here a few days ago …

https://townhall.com/columnists/doug...ourse-n2565441

Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                    Well if we are going to post wacko stuff, I’ll contribute:
                    Who had the motive to benefit? Simple investigative tool. Motive.
                    The orange man child.
                    What's the purported "motive"? Please be specific. If you consider it "wacko" that this started in China, please provide plausible evidence to the contrary. Do YOU believe this all started in the US? Even the MSM that's feeding your vitriol doesn't agree with that, unless something new came out overnight …

… and if there is evidence, please let us know ASAP so we do know this is all on Trump for initiating it. OK? But we're not going to just take your word for it. The credibility of critics like you, who accepted the Russia hoax for 3+ years at face value, let's just cut to the chase … it's suspect at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                      e.cat posted that President Trump had sounded the alarm about China being a bad actor long ago.

FWIW, here's a link to an article talking about what we were kicking around on here a few days ago …

What's the purported "motive"? Please be specific. If you consider it "wacko" that this started in China, please provide plausible evidence to the contrary. Do YOU believe this all started in the US? Even the MSM that's feeding your vitriol doesn't agree with that, unless something new came out overnight …

… and if there is evidence, please let us know ASAP so we do know this is all on Trump for initiating it. OK? But we're not going to just take your word for it. The credibility of critics like you, who accepted the Russia hoax for 3+ years at face value, let's just cut to the chase … it's suspect at best.
                      Once again, black is white and up is down in trumpworld.
                      $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                      Just win.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

China being a bad actor isn’t relevant. The intelligence agencies back home said this likely would result in a global pandemic... back in January and February.

The president ****ed this up bad.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

It’s funny how the trumpettes always use opinion pieces as fact but when given facts from the experts, claim it’s a liberal msm scare tactic.

“Well if we are going to post wacko stuff, I’ll contribute “. You missed that part.
                          Just win.....

Comment

Bottom line whatever side of the political fence you sit, this virus is here, and I for one am getting my info 100% from those who have nothing politically to gain from it. You can't expect people who don't like the President's message (from the get go) to suddenly embrace him. I am giving him absolutely no credit in this; he had the chance to deal with it and HE decided to politicize it at one of his rally's. You might remember, the 'hoax' thing? He knew this could become an issue. Please, anyone who supports the President...please tell me what you think/thought of that? Instead, we here who have voiced opposition are being hateful? I go with what I see from people, and I have seen enough to form my opinions. What I see is finally he had no choice in the matter, but I do not give him much credit (I am thankful he has allowed the voices of science to speak; that...saves lives.)

I don't 'hate' anyone who doesn't agree with me. What I see is people turning a blind eye to many of the things the President has said about this (and other) issues in this country. I personally do not care for his belittling of people who do not walk in lock step with him. These pressers are almost not worth listening to as they spend the first half of it patting him on the back. If he really cared so much about this, he would have heeded the early intelligence reports. So the past is the past and we have to do what we can to prevent becoming another Italy. I don't think that's too much to ask.
                            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a53NbzTxKg8

From February 1.
                              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                                Because it’s a daily occurrence.
                                See, this is the disconnect. Many of us who support Trump understand he's a big blowhard who exaggerates stuff, and yes, a lot of it comes off as boastful. We can debate the frequency, no worries … we get it. He's been selling stuff all of his life, that's how you can do business sometimes. Personal style, what works for him isn't what works for someone else, and vice versa. I think I can speak for most of his supporters, in saying that we don't always take what he says literally. There is a filter, call it a "blowhard" filter, and some of us understand, we've encountered this elsewhere in real life. You cut through the noise, and eventually you get to the message. President Trump sold us on his message. I'll be honest, I think I was like many folks of my ilk who heard all the noise, and rolled our eyes initially. But over time, his message came through, and way more often than not, it wasn't anything resembling the "weathervane thinking" (or wetting one's index finger, holding it up to the wind, which way is it blowing?) we get from most politicians. That was refreshing, and it carried him some way through the 2016 process. It got him the nomination.

He was fortunate to come up against a very dislikable opposition candidate in the general election. But after he won, we got to see if he was going to walk the walk, after all the noise. And for most of us, despite the unprecedented "Resistance" he's had to face since literally 20 minutes after his inauguration, he's gone ahead and done as much as he's been allowed to do. If you told me 3+ years ago this is how it was going to turn out, I'd have been pleasantly surprised.

Which brings us to now. I think I saw an ABC poll the other day that showed the President had a 55% approval rating for how he's handling the current situation. If you read what I've been posting in any sense of depth, you know I'm not on board with some of what's been done on his watch. But he brings these doctors up on stage, lets them talk, and if some of his comments are trying to bring a ray of hope to those who are suffering and hoping for signs of a return to normalcy, then sure, he's guilty of cheerleading.

Right now, as a people, we need a few cheerleaders out there.

Once upon a time, in the depths of the Great Depression, our President Franklin D. Roosevelt once forcefully told the American people "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself". FDR had his share of critics (I wasn't there, but you can read as well as I can). But no one came at him for "lying" to the American people, who would mostly continue to suffer through his first two terms. They understood it was a message, and he was being a cheerleader for his - for our - country. A little perspective doesn't hurt.

Comment

Working...
                                X