X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    It does sound like ironically some students might get to attend? Not sure if those are paid tickets or freebees.
    "BGSU Athletics anticipates a limited number of available student tickets, broken down by class and distributed based on prior attendance at athletic events."
    Primarily the Bleacher Creatures, not sure how many students beyond that.

Leave a comment:

• JohnsonsJerseys
    replied
    Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
    At BGSU, 300 max, no general public attendance. Players and generous donors only. No season ticket holders.
    It does sound like ironically some students might get to attend? Not sure if those are paid tickets or freebees.
    "BGSU Athletics anticipates a limited number of available student tickets, broken down by class and distributed based on prior attendance at athletic events."

Leave a comment:

• pdt1081
    replied
    Pretty much confirming what we already knew about attendance. At BGSU, 300 max, no general public attendance. Players and generous donors only. No season ticket holders.

https://bgsufalcons.com/news/2020/11...o7p7GrOH9gVMjA

Leave a comment:

• Lost_Husky
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    I don't see either program doing that.
    UAF - It would kill recruiting and some players are bound to leave and go back to junior. Maybe they return, maybe they land with another team next year. Either way not great for Fairbanks.
    UAA - Same as UAF's issues above only worse because next season is a toss-up at best. Players would leave looking for another D-I team right from day one with no intention of returning assuming the worst which is the that the program will be gone after this season.

Letting the AK schools drop their schedule would also leave the WCHA with 16 or 14 conference games. Having 18 is already a thin conference schedule. I doubt one trip to AK is killing any program. Stay at a Motel 6 for three or four road trips rather than a Holiday Inn if your budget is that bad.
    Agreed, but I do see their point. Bus trips you can more or less isolate yourself. Flying,... Not so much.

I have a feeling this year is going to be a cluster.

Leave a comment:

• JohnsonsJerseys
    replied
    Originally posted by net presence View Post
    Rumor going around that both Alaska schools have been provided the opportunity to "op out" of the league for this season.
    I don't see either program doing that.
    UAF - It would kill recruiting and some players are bound to leave and go back to junior. Maybe they return, maybe they land with another team next year. Either way not great for Fairbanks.
    UAA - Same as UAF's issues above only worse because next season is a toss-up at best. Players would leave looking for another D-I team right from day one with no intention of returning assuming the worst which is the that the program will be gone after this season.

Letting the AK schools drop their schedule would also leave the WCHA with 16 or 14 conference games. Having 18 is already a thin conference schedule. I doubt one trip to AK is killing any program. Stay at a Motel 6 for three or four road trips rather than a Holiday Inn if your budget is that bad.
    Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 11-08-2020, 10:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied
    Rumor going around that both Alaska schools have been provided the opportunity to "op out" of the league for this season. And, that there's a chance they both do so. They have until this coming Monday or Tuesday to decide. Would be a horrible way for UAA to conclude their program. Hope they stick it out. Then again, with Covid numbers where they're at, it's looking like things might get delayed a bit longer.
    Any independent confirmation on this?

Leave a comment:

• MavsFan
    replied
    Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    So last week Flo Hockey took my annual bill via CC,. now my question is, what if half the games on the schedule don't get played. do I get a pro rated refund?
    That's what MLBTV did this year.

Leave a comment:

• fairbanks hockey puck
    replied
    Todays COVID count 600 in Alaska..300 in Anchorage..20 something in Fairbanks. The Governor has extended emergency sanctions. facemasking, limited crowds..but he doesnt make it mandatory or enforce/just strongly suggests...I don't know if I would want to go to Anchorage....

Leave a comment:

• LSSULaker889294
    replied
    Today's exhibition game between BGSU and US Under 18 team postponed due to Covid-19 concerns.

Leave a comment:

• lakersparty
    replied
    Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post

I changed cards since last season. They tried to bill my old card at least once a week for the last month. They finally sent me an email saying my subscription was cancelled. 5 minutes later I got another email with a 50% off subscription coupon.
    When I canceled a little over a month ago they offered me 20% to reactivate. I wish they would have offered me 50% off but ultimately, I probably won’t buy Flo this year.

I’m not certain the season will actually go on without some trouble or games canceled. Flo is a bit too much money without a full slate of games.

Leave a comment:

• pdt1081
    replied
    Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    So last week Flo Hockey took my annual bill via CC,. now my question is, what if half the games on the schedule don't get played. do I get a pro rated refund?
    I changed cards since last season. They tried to bill my old card at least once a week for the last month. They finally sent me an email saying my subscription was cancelled. 5 minutes later I got another email with a 50% off subscription coupon.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mmf
    replied
    Rumor going around that both Alaska schools have been provided the opportunity to "op out" of the league for this season...They have until this coming Monday or Tuesday to decide.
    Haven't heard this but it's funny. And just what happens if we miss Tuesday's deadline and wait until January to pull the plug? Would the WCHA quit selling our hats and hoodies in the apparel store? Good luck trying to assess any fines or fees. That would be laughable.

Leave a comment:

• LSSULaker889294
    replied
    Then again, with Covid numbers where they're at, it's looking like things might get delayed a bit longer.
    It's looking like starting in November was a mistake and should of been January.

Leave a comment:

• net presence
    replied
    Rumor going around that both Alaska schools have been provided the opportunity to "op out" of the league for this season. And, that there's a chance they both do so. They have until this coming Monday or Tuesday to decide. Would be a horrible way for UAA to conclude their program. Hope they stick it out. Then again, with Covid numbers where they're at, it's looking like things might get delayed a bit longer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X