X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost_Husky
    replied
    Originally posted by net presence View Post
    Sooooo....Governor Whitmer has paused all non-professional athletics for three weeks. That puts a big kink in the start of the season for the Big and WCHA. Also, does that prevent WMU from going to the NCHC bubble?

Might be time for all of college hockey to decide to delay play until at least Jan. 1.
    Whitmer was the messenger, MI Health Department made the call. MI Supreme Court confirmed the MI Gov doesn't have the power to close much of anything.

He're hoping the WCHA pucks drop in MI this Friday.

Leave a comment:

• thebrain
    replied
    WDIV is reporting ice rinks are not allowed to be open. It also is reporting, "a select number of NCAA sports" are not included in the shut down.
    https://www.clickondetroit.com/healt...te-working/#//

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied
    Sooooo....Governor Whitmer has paused all non-professional athletics for three weeks. That puts a big kink in the start of the season for the Big and WCHA. Also, does that prevent WMU from going to the NCHC bubble?

Might be time for all of college hockey to decide to delay play until at least Jan. 1.
    According to the Detroit Free Press, professional and college sports practice and play are not affected. But there won’t be fans allowed.

Leave a comment:

• LSSULaker889294
    replied

I believe Biden wants a nation wide lockdown when he gets in. Things are not looking good.

Leave a comment:

• net presence
    replied

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    Same here. I hate watching it happen.

Leave a comment:

• purpleinnebraska
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye.
    If this is it, I’ll miss your posts and your passion for your team.

Leave a comment:

• Alaska Hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Re: WCHA 2020-21: We Can Do Better than Two Bids and Eight Teams Exiting

Fairbanks calling someone else BFE
    Yep......bus people don't like the truth.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye.

Leave a comment:

• Alaska Hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    UAF is opting in. Lots can happen between now and January, but the intent is to play, even if it means some neutral site games in the Northwest to get around the COVID testing requirements for Alaska.

I hope this isn’t the end for UAA. They had enough of a knife twisted in them by a chancellor who killed hockey then bailed for California a few weeks later.

I think the kill dispatch was from up north with the UA_ alum prez Cindy right in there advising them on telling Cathy on how to hold the knife.

Leave a comment:

• Squarebanks
    replied
    UAF is opting in. Lots can happen between now and January, but the intent is to play, even if it means some neutral site games in the Northwest to get around the COVID testing requirements for Alaska.

I hope this isn’t the end for UAA. They had enough of a knife twisted in them by a chancellor who killed hockey then bailed for California a few weeks later.

Leave a comment:

• LSSULaker889294
    replied
    Uaa will not play this season:
    https://goseawolves.com/news/2020/11...21-season.aspx

Leave a comment:

• DrunkTrainPolka
    replied

I promise, I was told they had until this past Tuesday to decide. Apparently, it was extended a week and it's now this coming Tuesday. Have been told that both schools are legitimately on the bubble regarding their decisions. If -- emphasis on IF since UAA is trying to raise money -- they aren't likely to play next year anyway, I could actually see UAA pulling the chute. However, UAF being committed to playing next year and beyond, I find it difficult to believe that they would choose to take the season off. Hope they both choose to play.
    UAF will be fine and will play in my opinion. better yet, can play; but maybe they can choose to save money because of scheduling nightmares this season has for the UA* teams.

UAA on the other hand has to play this season to expose their need for funding to survive... it's about the PR thing, and virus can also help play at the heart strings. BUT i don't see their campaign to have the same excitement and drive as the UAH one did...

based on the https://saveseawolfhockey.com/ they have raised $543k and have about three months to raise another $2,500k or so... can they do it? let's hope so...

GO TECH GOLD!

Leave a comment:

• Lost_Husky
    replied

I promise, I was told they had until this past Tuesday to decide. Apparently, it was extended a week and it's now this coming Tuesday. Have been told that both schools are legitimately on the bubble regarding their decisions. If -- emphasis on IF since UAA is trying to raise money -- they aren't likely to play next year anyway, I could actually see UAA pulling the chute. However, UAF being committed to playing next year and beyond, I find it difficult to believe that they would choose to take the season off. Hope they both choose to play.
    [/QUOTE]

I hope they both play it out. It is a little late to decide to pull the plug on the season with games starting in 1.5 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• net presence
    replied
    Originally posted by mmf View Post

Haven't heard this but it's funny. And just what happens if we miss Tuesday's deadline and wait until January to pull the plug? Would the WCHA quit selling our hats and hoodies in the apparel store? Good luck trying to assess any fines or fees. That would be laughable.

I promise, I was told they had until this past Tuesday to decide. Apparently, it was extended a week and it's now this coming Tuesday. Have been told that both schools are legitimately on the bubble regarding their decisions. If -- emphasis on IF since UAA is trying to raise money -- they aren't likely to play next year anyway, I could actually see UAA pulling the chute. However, UAF being committed to playing next year and beyond, I find it difficult to believe that they would choose to take the season off. Hope they both choose to play. [/QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X