Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beaverhockey
    replied
    BSU and MSU will make up their postponed series from last weekend on Dec 18 and 19

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied
    Per Joe Shawhan on his Monday radio show - this weekend's Minnesota State at Michigan Tech series will be played on Sunday and Monday.

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied
    Originally posted by net presence View Post

Since it's unlikely that any of the DIII conferences will end up playing, maybe we should just add Adrian to the league for this year Can't believe UAF hasn't called them to see if they wanted to come up there in December so that UAF can play a couple games before New Years...
    Ha. I mentioned the same thing about Adrian on the BG message board yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• net presence
    replied
    Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Ferris called off their series with Lake State.

LSSU has arranged a home-and-home with Adrian College this weekend.

https://twitter.com/WCHA_MHockey/sta...27129214640129

Since it's unlikely that any of the DIII conferences will end up playing, maybe we should just add Adrian to the league for this year Can't believe UAF hasn't called them to see if they wanted to come up there in December so that UAF can play a couple games before New Years...

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied
    Ferris called off their series with Lake State.

LSSU has arranged a home-and-home with Adrian College this weekend.

https://twitter.com/WCHA_MHockey/sta...27129214640129

Leave a comment:

• beaverhockeyfan
    replied
    According to the Beaver Radio Network, this weekend's series BSU at Mankato has been postponed.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    If they keep trying to play, there is no way these interruptions won't keep rolling through the winter until most players and staff have had COVID.

It would almost be better for each team & staff to all get it at once and then quarantine together for 2-3 weeks, thereby getting it over with for the duration of the season (by which time it's likely they will no longer be immune, as studies are showing). However then you've got these "long-hauler" cases with recurring symptoms and who knows what that might mean for those unlucky enough to be stuck in that situation.

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied
    Originally posted by lakersparty View Post

This isn’t looking good. Feels like the WCHA is going to have no choice but to shut things down.
    In one respect, yes. But if you're going to have these interruptions, it's better to have them in the non-conference schedule. Right now there is only one WCHA league game affected by these postponements/cancellations.

Leave a comment:

• lakersparty
    replied
    Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    It's sounding like Ferris may have to pull out of next weekend too.
    This isn’t looking good. Feels like the WCHA is going to have no choice but to shut things down.

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied
    It's sounding like Ferris may have to pull out of next weekend too.

Leave a comment:

• pdt1081
    replied
    Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    Not only mid-week games, but staggered starting times lets me check out all kinds of live action I'd normally miss. This week there are college hockey games 6 out of 7 afternoons/evenings which allows for viewing lots of different teams.

My Flo subscription is getting a workout.
    I watched the last 10ish minutes of the OSU-Minnesota game tonight. That "crowd noise" is annoying as ****. It's like they took the soundtrack from NHL 95 and play it on repeat.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

Well that blows on multiple levels. I suppose this means Bemidji also has to quarantine?
    It should mean that but i'll wait and see if it does mean that.

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied
    Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post

Also, next weekend's series with the Beavers at Mankato is up in the air right now.
    Wonder if BSU and Tech could take a page from the Pac-12 and schedule each other for this upcoming weekend instead.

Leave a comment:

• beaverhockeyfan
    replied

Well that blows on multiple levels. I suppose this means Bemidji also has to quarantine?
    Also, next weekend's series with the Beavers at Mankato is up in the air right now.

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied
    Originally posted by lakersparty View Post

No Mavericks-Beavers today. The Mavs have COVID.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X