WCHA 2020-21: We Can Do Better than Two Bids and Eight Teams Exiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    I think BGSU losing really hurts Lake State's chances at an large bid. I would think Bemidji is in a better position.
    It may hurt a bit, but the Lakers have a chance to win on the ice. Win and they are in I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by lakersparty View Post

It may hurt a bit, but the Lakers have a chance to win on the ice. Win and they are in I think.
      Agreed. They should be in if they win. Likewise if Bemidji wins. And hope there aren't a lot of upsets in the other tournaments.

Comment

Bemidji wins, they are 100 percent in. Lakers win, very good, but not 100 percent.
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Without fans, I suppose the 2:07 start Friday is the better option. With fans, I would have rather played at 7:37 and taken my chances.

Comment

I recently looked at Griffin Loughran's stats and was shocked to see he only have five goals this season. What happened?
            Despite the lack of goals he'll still likely finish 4th on the team in scoring. A few factors:
            Shorter 2020-21 season...
            Made shorter by carry over suspensions...
            Made even shorter by a game misconduct...
            Made even shorter by a coach (unsuccessfully) trying to make his point and not playing him at times...

You have to be on the ice to put up points. Last year he was 1.05 PPG, this year he is 0.94 PPG. However he played 21 less games this year (stats through Saturday night).

Last year after he finished #2 in the country in PIMs. (#1 in the country was a teammate.) NMU PIMs are down slightly this year but still a very high 14 PIM per game average. There is playing with an edge and then there is hurting one's team on a consistent basis. You also need to consider the type of penalties he takes. At times a penalty is a good thing if it prevents a scoring chance. However Loughran has a long list of misconduct, game misconduct, roughing, slashing, diving, elbowing, high sticking, cross checking, etc. These are not penalties saving goals. These generally go in the selfish category. Here is a look at Griffin's contributions to NMU's totals to date:

PIMs PER GAME
            2018-19 2.05
            2019-20 2.51
            2020-21 2.38
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
              Without fans, I suppose the 2:07 start Friday is the better option. With fans, I would have rather played at 7:37 and taken my chances.
              What about with 250 fans? That's what will be allowed, unless there's a sudden change this week.
              My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan View Post

What about with 250 fans? That's what will be allowed, unless there's a sudden change this week.
                No offense to those of you who were there (and I'm very glad the parents are getting to see their kids play), but I consider 250 fans to be "no fans."

Comment

• Mavericks #3, Beavers #13, Falcons #16, and Lakers #17 in the new USCHO poll.

Comment

Mavericks #3, Beavers #13, Falcons #16, and Lakers #17 in the new USCHO poll.
                    I really truly hope that both BSU and LSSU make the tourney, they deserve to. And that NMU doesn't screw this up by winning the whole thing...(Sorry NMU, I'm a Mavs fan.)

Comment

• I am wondering who is going to do the play-by-play for the evening semi-final on FloHockey. I'm sure Dan and Don will do the afternoon game, but will they bring in the other team's TV guys to call that game? Anybody know something about this?

Comment

• I think LSSU and BSU both deserve bids. Honestly, just watching them, they are both better than Notre Dame and probably BU and a couple of other eastern teams, Uconn and PC in particular.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• The USA Today/USA Hockey top 15 poll has the Mavericks at #3 and the Beavers at #12. The Falcons and Lakers are receiving votes at #16 for BGSU and #17 for LSSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Major View Post
                            I am wondering who is going to do the play-by-play for the evening semi-final on FloHockey. I'm sure Dan and Don will do the afternoon game, but will they bring in the other team's TV guys to call that game? Anybody know something about this?
                            The Beaver Radio Network's Brian Schultz will be in the building. Could always tap into his feed, just like they do in Bemidji on FloHockey.
                            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

I recently looked at Griffin Loughran's stats and was shocked to see he only have five goals this season. What happened?
                              Karma. ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Major View Post

I really truly hope that both BSU and LSSU make the tourney, they deserve to. And that NMU doesn't screw this up by winning the whole thing...(Sorry NMU, I'm a Mavs fan.)
                                Wouldn't expect you feel otherwise. I don't have rose colored glasses on, we struggled this season but put together our best effort at the right time. After Saturday, I thought we were done, so the win yesterday was shocking, especially since it was so one sided. DiMatteo really stepped up, and he will need to stand on his head Friday if we have any chance against you guys.
                                Kinda nice being here after getting swept by Tech this season. They playing this weekend? Oh, that's right, I saw them talking about next year earlier today.
                                “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                                – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                                when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Working...
                                X