WCHA 2020-21: We Can Do Better than Two Bids and Eight Teams Exiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/...ig-now/618021/

Definitely worth the read. Check out who the author is.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
      I have a hunch NMU will upset Bowling Green.
      This may be coming to fruition. Cats 4 BG 1 after two.

Comment

• Just curious as an outsider. If all game one winners win the series, who does BG fall behind in the WCHA at large race? I noticed both LSSU and Bemidji have better H2H records against BG.
        Last edited by J.D.; 03-12-2021, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• I think the two wins against Quinny will be huge for the NCAA selection. BG gets in if they win one against NM is my opinion. Winner of L State and Bemid gets in too.

Comment

• We need to get past NMU this round to at least have a chance. The only thing we have going for us right now is Pairwise and the committee might not even factor that in. After QU our best win is Bemidji (before losing 3 to them) and after that it's Tech. No wins against Mankato or Lake State. Add a loss to Mercyhurst, another one from NMU, and things look bad.
            BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

• Tough to know how valuable the Quinnipiac wins are when QU has feasted on SLU, Colgate and Atlantic Hockey. I agree about the QF series. Lose to NMU and I think they'll end up on the outside.

Comment

• So, the WCHA is not reseeding for the semifinals? A poster over on The BeaverPond Facebook Page had a picture from the WCHA Playoff program stating such.
                Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• I recently looked at Griffin Loughran's stats and was shocked to see he only have five goals this season. What happened?
                  LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                    So, the WCHA is not reseeding for the semifinals? A poster over on The BeaverPond Facebook Page had a picture from the WCHA Playoff program stating such.
                    According to the Bemidji State press release, teams WILL be reseeding. I think the WCHA playoff program is wrong.

https://www.bsubeavers.com/mhockey/n...cha-semifinal/

Comment

• https://www.facebook.com/beaverradio...40679749289340
                      ...says this:

Just got confirmation from the WCHA...as there was some confusion about whether or not the four remaining teams will be re-seeded for next weekend.

The league says that the highest seed (MSU Mankato) will play the lowest remaining seed in the semifinals. This is the same as previous years. The Tournament Program claims that the teams will NOT be re-seeded, which caused the confusion.

So, if Bowling Green wins today, BSU would play MSU Mankato in the semis. If Northern wins today, BSU would play Lake State on Friday.
                      Last edited by beaverhockey; 03-14-2021, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• Looks to me like the finals will be Mankato vs LSSU.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• So after starting 16-3, BG peaked in the last weekend of January. Since then they went 4-6-1 and played themselves right out of the NCAA tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                            So after starting [good record], BG peaked [weekend in January]. Since then they went [bad record] and played themselves right out of the NCAA tournament.
                            Description of every BG season in the WCHA, with few exceptions.
                            BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

• I think BGSU losing really hurts Lake State's chances at an large bid. I would think Bemidji is in a better position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post

Description of every BG season in the WCHA, with few exceptions.
                                Quite surprising to me. BG was the better team all season, but not this weekend. Think they're done. That cheap shot at the end probably seals the fate. Winner of LSSU and Bemidji gets in the tourney...Maybe the loser too.

Comment

Working...
                                X