No announcement yet.

WCHA 2020-21: We Can Do Better than Two Bids and Eight Teams Exiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAF just announced they are pulling out for the rest of the year....

Comment

• I know it's early and not every team in the league has played a game, but this week's USCHO poll sees 6 of the 8 conference teams that are planning to finish the season either ranked or RV'ing. Yeah, I get there are 8 other teams outside the conference that have cancelled their seasons but hey -- it's better than what we've pulled off in the past.

It could be an Atlantic/W(C)CHA Frozen Four if enough other teams have to drop out. ESPN would have the sads but it'd still count.

Go W(C)CHA!

Comment

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
        I know it's early and not every team in the league has played a game, but this week's USCHO poll sees 6 of the 8 conference teams that are planning to finish the season either ranked or RV'ing. Yeah, I get there are 8 other teams outside the conference that have cancelled their seasons but hey -- it's better than what we've pulled off in the past.

It could be an Atlantic/W(C)CHA Frozen Four if enough other teams have to drop out. ESPN would have the sads but it'd still count.

Go W(C)CHA!
        I wonder how they'll actually do NCAA tournament selections. Pairwise seems suspect since conferences aren't playing each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by lakersparty View Post

I wonder how they'll actually do NCAA tournament selections. Pairwise seems suspect since conferences aren't playing each other.
          I thought I saw somewhere that they were not going to do it based on pairwise at all, which does make sense. But I haven't seen any alternatives being suggested
          LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

i would take two teams from each conference then have the committee select the rest lightly-based on the PWR... maybe even not so lightly.

GO TECH GOLD!
            Last edited by DrunkTrainPolka; 12-14-2020, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Someone is going to be disappointed and complaining about smoky back rooms, just like every year. ;-)

Comment

• The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services has reported that there were 14 COVID-19 cases, all students, within the Northern Michigan hockey program.

https://datawrapper.dwcdn.net/2MsXk/7/

Comment

• Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post

i would take two teams from each conference then have the committee select the rest lightly-based on the PWR... maybe even not so lightly.

GO TECH GOLD!
                  2 from each conference and be done. ASU counts as part of Big Ten. 6 conferences, 12 teams. Conferences reach choose their one team to enter a random draw for the number 1 seeds (as well as top 4 overall seeds). Remaining 8 teams enter random draw for seeding, with one move up or down to avoid first round conference matchups.

Comment

• I wonder if Bob Daniels is on the hot seat at Ferris State?
                    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• During the first intermission of the Beaver/Laker game, Bill Crawford the LSSU PxP guy referred to the NCHC as “the Nacho league.” Stick taps for Bill.

Comment

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                        During the first intermission of the Beaver/Laker game, Bill Crawford the LSSU PxP guy referred to the NCHC as “the Nacho league.” Stick taps for Bill.

Dirk Hembroff at Michigan Tech does this too.

Comment

• All we need to do is get them to substitute "Organization" for "Conference" and then everyone will call them the NaCHo.

Comment

• Brian Halonen got his 3rd consecutive game winning goal on Saturday. Anyone have knowledge of another NCAA hockey player who has also accomplished that? I've found a handful of names who did it in the NHL, but no one else in college.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                              I wonder if Bob Daniels is on the hot seat at Ferris State?
                              i think he will 'retire' soon (after the last nWCHA season? after first nCCHA season?) - he will be 62 this coming march.

"If you were born in 1959 your full retirement age is 66 and 10 months. You can start your Social Security retirement benefits as early as age 62, but the benefit amount you receive will be less than your full retirement benefit amount."
                              Last edited by DrunkTrainPolka; 01-04-2021, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Congrats Beavers on your 4-3 OT win at #6 Bowling Green. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X