WCHA 2020-21: We Can Do Better than Two Bids and Eight Teams Exiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by net presence View Post

I promise, I was told they had until this past Tuesday to decide. Apparently, it was extended a week and it's now this coming Tuesday. Have been told that both schools are legitimately on the bubble regarding their decisions. If -- emphasis on IF since UAA is trying to raise money -- they aren't likely to play next year anyway, I could actually see UAA pulling the chute. However, UAF being committed to playing next year and beyond, I find it difficult to believe that they would choose to take the season off. Hope they both choose to play.
    UAF will be fine and will play in my opinion. better yet, can play; but maybe they can choose to save money because of scheduling nightmares this season has for the UA* teams.

UAA on the other hand has to play this season to expose their need for funding to survive... it's about the PR thing, and virus can also help play at the heart strings. BUT i don't see their campaign to have the same excitement and drive as the UAH one did...

based on the https://saveseawolfhockey.com/ they have raised $543k and have about three months to raise another $2,500k or so... can they do it? let's hope so...

GO TECH GOLD!

Comment

• Uaa will not play this season:
      https://goseawolves.com/news/2020/11...21-season.aspx
      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• UAF is opting in. Lots can happen between now and January, but the intent is to play, even if it means some neutral site games in the Northwest to get around the COVID testing requirements for Alaska.

I hope this isn’t the end for UAA. They had enough of a knife twisted in them by a chancellor who killed hockey then bailed for California a few weeks later.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
          UAF is opting in. Lots can happen between now and January, but the intent is to play, even if it means some neutral site games in the Northwest to get around the COVID testing requirements for Alaska.

I hope this isn’t the end for UAA. They had enough of a knife twisted in them by a chancellor who killed hockey then bailed for California a few weeks later.

I think the kill dispatch was from up north with the UA_ alum prez Cindy right in there advising them on telling Cathy on how to hold the knife.
          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
              Re: WCHA 2020-21: We Can Do Better than Two Bids and Eight Teams Exiting

Fairbanks calling someone else BFE
              Yep......bus people don't like the truth.
              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye.
                If this is it, I’ll miss your posts and your passion for your team.

Comment

• Same here. I hate watching it happen.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Sooooo....Governor Whitmer has paused all non-professional athletics for three weeks. That puts a big kink in the start of the season for the Big and WCHA. Also, does that prevent WMU from going to the NCHC bubble?

Might be time for all of college hockey to decide to delay play until at least Jan. 1.

Comment

Sooooo....Governor Whitmer has paused all non-professional athletics for three weeks. That puts a big kink in the start of the season for the Big and WCHA. Also, does that prevent WMU from going to the NCHC bubble?

Might be time for all of college hockey to decide to delay play until at least Jan. 1.
                      I believe Biden wants a nation wide lockdown when he gets in. Things are not looking good.
                      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Sooooo....Governor Whitmer has paused all non-professional athletics for three weeks. That puts a big kink in the start of the season for the Big and WCHA. Also, does that prevent WMU from going to the NCHC bubble?

According to the Detroit Free Press, professional and college sports practice and play are not affected. But there won’t be fans allowed.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• WDIV is reporting ice rinks are not allowed to be open. It also is reporting, "a select number of NCAA sports" are not included in the shut down.
                          https://www.clickondetroit.com/healt...te-working/#//

Comment

Whitmer was the messenger, MI Health Department made the call. MI Supreme Court confirmed the MI Gov doesn't have the power to close much of anything.

He're hoping the WCHA pucks drop in MI this Friday.

Comment

• Already talked to one WCHA AD who confirms that if the school meets testing requirements (and is part of the agreement to play WCHA games anyway, as confirmed by the WCHA commissioner) that college hockey is still a go. Zero fans, not even the families or staff that have been allowed at some events recently. No word on what media will be allowed.
                              Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 11-16-2020, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                Same here. I hate watching it happen.
                                just checked... as of the 13th, they have raised $850k out of the $3,000k with 90 days to go... hmm... they may make it. no?

https://saveseawolfhockey.com/

GO TECH GOLD!

Comment

Working...
                                X