X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critical Thinker
    replied
    Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    So after starting [good record], BG peaked [weekend in January]. Since then they went [bad record] and played themselves right out of the NCAA tournament.
    Description of every BG season in the WCHA, with few exceptions.

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied
    So after starting 16-3, BG peaked in the last weekend of January. Since then they went 4-6-1 and played themselves right out of the NCAA tournament.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    Looks to me like the finals will be Mankato vs LSSU.

Leave a comment:

• beaverhockey
    replied
    https://www.facebook.com/beaverradio...40679749289340
    ...says this:

Just got confirmation from the WCHA...as there was some confusion about whether or not the four remaining teams will be re-seeded for next weekend.

The league says that the highest seed (MSU Mankato) will play the lowest remaining seed in the semifinals. This is the same as previous years. The Tournament Program claims that the teams will NOT be re-seeded, which caused the confusion.

So, if Bowling Green wins today, BSU would play MSU Mankato in the semis. If Northern wins today, BSU would play Lake State on Friday.
    Last edited by beaverhockey; 03-14-2021, 04:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LSSULaker889294
    replied
    Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    So, the WCHA is not reseeding for the semifinals? A poster over on The BeaverPond Facebook Page had a picture from the WCHA Playoff program stating such.
    According to the Bemidji State press release, teams WILL be reseeding. I think the WCHA playoff program is wrong.

https://www.bsubeavers.com/mhockey/n...cha-semifinal/

Leave a comment:

• LSSULaker889294
    replied
    I recently looked at Griffin Loughran's stats and was shocked to see he only have five goals this season. What happened?

Leave a comment:

• beaverhockeyfan
    replied
    So, the WCHA is not reseeding for the semifinals? A poster over on The BeaverPond Facebook Page had a picture from the WCHA Playoff program stating such.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Tough to know how valuable the Quinnipiac wins are when QU has feasted on SLU, Colgate and Atlantic Hockey. I agree about the QF series. Lose to NMU and I think they'll end up on the outside.

Leave a comment:

• Critical Thinker
    replied
    We need to get past NMU this round to at least have a chance. The only thing we have going for us right now is Pairwise and the committee might not even factor that in. After QU our best win is Bemidji (before losing 3 to them) and after that it's Tech. No wins against Mankato or Lake State. Add a loss to Mercyhurst, another one from NMU, and things look bad.

Leave a comment:

• concretecharlie
    replied
    I think the two wins against Quinny will be huge for the NCAA selection. BG gets in if they win one against NM is my opinion. Winner of L State and Bemid gets in too.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Just curious as an outsider. If all game one winners win the series, who does BG fall behind in the WCHA at large race? I noticed both LSSU and Bemidji have better H2H records against BG.
    Last edited by J.D.; 03-12-2021, 09:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew J Carter
    replied
    Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    I have a hunch NMU will upset Bowling Green.
    This may be coming to fruition. Cats 4 BG 1 after two.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/...ig-now/618021/

Definitely worth the read. Check out who the author is.

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied
    Fine, I'll stipulate that Ferris will be the first team since 1961 to not win a game against a D-1 team.

Leave a comment:

• pdt1081
    replied
    Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

Sorry but that's wrong.

According to the NCAA, Ferris does not have a winning percentage. If they were credited with a win, they would show up on the bottom of this list at .055. Since they don't have a win their win % is 0, and they do not appear.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/icehockey...rrent/team/181
    Like noted, there is a page 2. Also notice the columns are labeled "Goalie Won," "Goalie Loss," "Goalie Tied." The NCAA now recognizes 3-on-3 overtime. Shootouts still are not recognized.

If games against D3 teams could be exhibitions, Bowling Green would have played Adrian every year since Fogarty started that program. There would be no reason to bring in a Canadian team every year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X