X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Major
    replied
    Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post

If you use the Wild numbers as an indoor benchmark, it would be 833 people.
    Yes, still much more than 250 which strikes me as far too restrictive. Full disclosure: I'm not a doctor, but a I play one on this site.

Leave a comment:

• beaverhockeyfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Double Major View Post

No politician wants to have another Covid breakout on his/her watch. But after a year of this, we ought to be able to put a 1,000 fans in this Mankato arena without a problem. That's 20% of capacity.
    If you use the Wild numbers as an indoor benchmark, it would be 833 people.

Leave a comment:

• Double Major
    replied

The Twins get 10,000 in a 40,000 seat outdoor park. The Wild get 3,000 out of 18,000 indoors.

No politician wants to have another Covid breakout on his/her watch. But after a year of this, we ought to be able to put a 1,000 fans in this Mankato arena without a problem. That's 20% of capacity.

Leave a comment:

• beaverhockeyfan
    replied
    Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

Michigan is limiting Comerica Park to 1000 fans for the Tigers opener and it seats 41,000 outdoors.
    The Twins get 10,000 in a 40,000 seat outdoor park. The Wild get 3,000 out of 18,000 indoors.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

Not right now.
    Michigan is limiting Comerica Park to 1000 fans for the Tigers opener and it seats 41,000 outdoors.

Leave a comment:

• beaverhockeyfan
    replied

Isn't the Governor a Mankato resident?
    Not right now.

Leave a comment:

• Double Major
    replied
    Forgive me for going off-topic a bit, but I don't know where else to put this thought: Is this the year that all five Minnesota DI hockey schools get into the tournament?

Leave a comment:

• Double Major
    replied
    Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post

That's the governor's rules, not the Mavs.
    Isn't the Governor a Mankato resident?

Leave a comment:

• Double Major
    replied
    Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    I think LSSU and BSU both deserve bids. Honestly, just watching them, they are both better than Notre Dame and probably BU and a couple of other eastern teams, Uconn and PC in particular.
    After further thought on this...the winner of Friday's LSSU/ Bemidji game is definitely in...The loser of that game may get in, too. However if the winner of Friday night's game also wins the Saturday night game, i.e. WCHA championship, then the Friday night loser gets in, too, on the coat tails of the WHCA champ. That would mean 3 WCHA bids.

Leave a comment:

• purpleinnebraska
    replied

That is so wrong...allocate 250 (or more) to each team. 500 fans per game with 250 on each side of the area will offer plenty of space for social distancing. Geez...
    That's the governor's rules, not the Mavs.

Leave a comment:

• Double Major
    replied
    Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post

There will be tickets allotted to all 4 schools, but with the 250 person limit, you almost have to have a kid on the team to get into the building.
    That is so wrong...allocate 250 (or more) to each team. 500 fans per game with 250 on each side of the area will offer plenty of space for social distancing. Geez...

Leave a comment:

• purpleinnebraska
    replied
    I know a Beaver fan that would love to get into Friday's game. Any way of doing that or are all tickets going to Mav fans for both games on Friday?
    There will be tickets allotted to all 4 schools, but with the 250 person limit, you almost have to have a kid on the team to get into the building.

Leave a comment:

• beaverhockeyfan
    replied
    I know a Beaver fan that would love to get into Friday's game. Any way of doing that or are all tickets going to Mav fans for both games on Friday?

Leave a comment:

• devildog
    replied

I really truly hope that both BSU and LSSU make the tourney, they deserve to. And that NMU doesn't screw this up by winning the whole thing...(Sorry NMU, I'm a Mavs fan.)
    Wouldn't expect you feel otherwise. I don't have rose colored glasses on, we struggled this season but put together our best effort at the right time. After Saturday, I thought we were done, so the win yesterday was shocking, especially since it was so one sided. DiMatteo really stepped up, and he will need to stand on his head Friday if we have any chance against you guys.
    Kinda nice being here after getting swept by Tech this season. They playing this weekend? Oh, that's right, I saw them talking about next year earlier today.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    I recently looked at Griffin Loughran's stats and was shocked to see he only have five goals this season. What happened?
    Karma. ;-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X