Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCHA 2020-21: We Can Do Better than Two Bids and Eight Teams Exiting

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: WCHA 2020-21: We Can Do Better than Two Bids and Eight Teams Exiting

    Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Because the best thing about Fairbanks...is leaving
    Assuming you can actually leave. The 10+ flights a day don't do you much good when your team can't book seats on them. At least the boys got to check out the salt springs yesterday (or whatever they're called). And we brought our third trip this season to the college hockey travel wonderland on ourselves, no one to blame but us. They've spent...what...6 days total in Fairbanks this trip? But thank the lord we'll never have to do the Alaska triple again.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      Because the best thing about Fairbanks...is leaving
      Zing!
      ďWe offer no apology for our location at 64 51í21íí north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possibleĒ

      óUA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
        Assuming you can actually leave. The 10+ flights a day don't do you much good when your team can't book seats on them. At least the boys got to check out the salt springs yesterday (or whatever they're called). And we brought our third trip this season to the college hockey travel wonderland on ourselves, no one to blame but us. They've spent...what...6 days total in Fairbanks this trip? But thank the lord we'll never have to do the Alaska triple again.
        Ok.
        ďWe offer no apology for our location at 64 51í21íí north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possibleĒ

        óUA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
          Assuming you can actually leave. The 10+ flights a day don't do you much good when your team can't book seats on them. At least the boys got to check out the salt springs yesterday (or whatever they're called). And we brought our third trip this season to the college hockey travel wonderland on ourselves, no one to blame but us. They've spent...what...6 days total in Fairbanks this trip? But thank the lord we'll never have to do the Alaska triple again.
          Do you expect the Airlines to hold 25-30 seats available because you may or may not come?

          Iíve been up there 11 times, (plus 5 times to Anchorage, 2 trips included both) and yes, itís a long and sometimes difficult trip. But itís certainly well worth it. Had a great Two week trip last year. Fairbanks was outstanding this year and canít wait to get to Anchorage next year. How many times have you been there Talons?
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            Do you expect the Airlines to hold 25-30 seats available because you may or may not come?

            Iíve been up there 11 times, (plus 5 times to Anchorage, 2 trips included both) and yes, itís a long and sometimes difficult trip. But itís certainly well worth it. Had a great Two week trip last year. Fairbanks was outstanding this year and canít wait to get to Anchorage next year. How many times have you been there Talons?
            He's referencing the fact that Bowling Green wasn't able to get a flight out of Alaska until today. They are going straight to Bemidji by way of Minneapolis.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
              Do you expect the Airlines to hold 25-30 seats available because you may or may not come?

              Iíve been up there 11 times, (plus 5 times to Anchorage, 2 trips included both) and yes, itís a long and sometimes difficult trip. But itís certainly well worth it. Had a great Two week trip last year. Fairbanks was outstanding this year and canít wait to get to Anchorage next year. How many times have you been there Talons?
              Been to Alaska a couple of times; never been to Fairbanks. But that wasnít my point as pdt1081 pointed out. I was disputing a) the awesomeness of the 10+ flights per day out of the Fairbanks airport and b) indirectly confirming the overall comments floating in the ether that travel to the 49th from the Midwest, especially on short notice, sucks. Youíve been on the record for a long time as being a fan of the Fairbanks trips and Iím not challenging that at all.

              Edit. And your point about airlines holding seats is valid. But thatís not a problem in a bus league. And, again, we have no one to blame for our third trip up there but ourselves.
              Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 03-10-2020, 02:10 PM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: WCHA 2020-21: We Can Do Better than Two Bids and Eight Teams Exiting

                Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                Assuming you can actually leave. The 10+ flights a day don't do you much good when your team can't book seats on them. At least the boys got to check out the salt springs yesterday (or whatever they're called). And we brought our third trip this season to the college hockey travel wonderland on ourselves, no one to blame but us. They've spent...what...6 days total in Fairbanks this trip? But thank the lord we'll never have to do the Alaska triple again.
                I'm willing to bet that you could have been home a day earlier if you had decided to book on more than one flight. And Karma is a ***** isn't it.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

                It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: WCHA 2020-21: We Can Do Better than Two Bids and Eight Teams Exiting

                  Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  I'm willing to bet that you could have been home a day earlier if you had decided to book on more than one flight. And Karma is a ***** isn't it.
                  Correct on all counts. And to your point we could have done even more to guarantee a trip home by booking seats on all 10+ flights on both Sunday and Monday.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
                    He's referencing the fact that Bowling Green wasn't able to get a flight out of Alaska until today. They are going straight to Bemidji by way of Minneapolis.
                    They have to delay their booking until at least Monday in case it goes 3. Monday is a very busy day. BG has Detroit nearby and the chances of finding enough seats to Seattle is much greater.

                    I know what a mess it was. Had we lost to Tech at the end of the regular season, it would have been us up there. Booking decent flights for 1 looked difficult enough.
                    Last edited by davyd83; 03-10-2020, 03:12 PM.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: WCHA 2020-21: We Can Do Better than Two Bids and Eight Teams Exiting

                      And just like that.... welcome everyone to the final season of the WCHA as we know it.
                      The WCHA should be dropping the puck for the 2020-21 season
                      ...right about the time the 2020 Stanley Cup playoffs wrap up at the end of September.


                      WCHA 2019-20 SEASON:



                      Wow, that ENDED quickly.
                      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: WCHA 2020-21: We Can Do Better than Two Bids and Eight Teams Exiting

                        Are the Alaska teams safe for 2020-21?
                        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: WCHA 2020-21: We Can Do Better than Two Bids and Eight Teams Exiting

                          Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                          Are the Alaska teams safe for 2020-21?
                          As of right now, yes. We will have to see what their legislature dreams up this summer.
                          Millsy

                          NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                          FROZEN FOUR 2009!


                          "Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

                          BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: WCHA 2020-21: We Can Do Better than Two Bids and Eight Teams Exiting

                            Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                            As of right now, yes. We will have to see what their legislature dreams up this summer.
                            Well just like every year, I can't wait for next season!
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

                            It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: WCHA 2020-21: We Can Do Better than Two Bids and Eight Teams Exiting

                              I've been wondering. Now is the time where all those over-recruits from the big ten and ASU find out that they are not actually going to be showing up at school in the fall if they stay with the program they are in. How many do you think will switch to a different school that actually wants them?
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

                              It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: WCHA 2020-21: We Can Do Better than Two Bids and Eight Teams Exiting

                                Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                I've been wondering. Now is the time where all those over-recruits from the big ten and ASU find out that they are not actually going to be showing up at school in the fall if they stay with the program they are in. How many do you think will switch to a different school that actually wants them?
                                And there are some players from big time programs with plenty of eligibility, entering the transfer portal.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

                                It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X