X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lakersparty
    replied
    Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    Not only mid-week games, but staggered starting times lets me check out all kinds of live action I'd normally miss. This week there are college hockey games 6 out of 7 afternoons/evenings which allows for viewing lots of different teams.

My Flo subscription is getting a workout.
    No Mavericks-Beavers today. The Mavs have COVID.

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied
    Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    How are people with mid week games this year?
    Not only mid-week games, but staggered starting times lets me check out all kinds of live action I'd normally miss. This week there are college hockey games 6 out of 7 afternoons/evenings which allows for viewing lots of different teams.

My Flo subscription is getting a workout.

Leave a comment:

• lakersparty
    replied
    Has anyone modified their projected standings based on last weekend's games? How are people with mid week games this year?
    I am waiting to see another game, but I really like what I'm seeing out of Lake State in goal and on defense. I am worried about fatigue with the schedule being what it is, especially at goal so it was nice to see LSSU play the backup in the 3rd of game 2 and not miss a beat. We'll see how they look on Wednesday against Northern, but I'm pretty happy seeing them only give up one goal over the weekend.
    Last edited by lakersparty; 11-23-2020, 08:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    Has anyone modified their projected standings based on last weekend's games? How are people with mid week games this year?

Leave a comment:

• beaverhockeyfan
    replied
    Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
    Contagious disease cases aren't kept in the same wings of hospitals as injury cases. I am concerned with reports that Governor Walz is going to order suspension of all youth sports tomorrow. That doesn't cover college sports at the moment, but...
    That may be true with larger hospitals that can have wings, but with a lot of the smaller, outstate critical access hospital, there are no wings. They do try to keep the contagious cases at one end of the hall and the injury cases at another end of the hall, but right now, that is getting to be near impossible. I talked with a nurse the other day who had to transfer a patient and she had to call seven hospitals before they finally found the patient a bed.

Leave a comment:

• Lost_Husky
    replied
    Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
    Contagious disease cases aren't kept in the same wings of hospitals as injury cases. I am concerned with reports that Governor Walz is going to order suspension of all youth sports tomorrow. That doesn't cover college sports at the moment, but...
    Michigan has just suspended youth/high school sports for 3 weeks. Ohio isn't far behind as Gov DeWine has been signaling shutting down/restricting business operations again.

Leave a comment:

• MavsFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BGDrew
    replied
    Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    Can games still be played if the local hospitals happened to be at full capacity? What if a player, coach or ref has medical issues?
    There would be an absolute zero chance that games are still happening if we reached hospital saturation.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    Great question. I don't think they have thought about it and even if true they are going to play regardless.

Leave a comment:

• LSSULaker889294
    replied
    Can games still be played if the local hospitals happened to be at full capacity? What if a player, coach or ref has medical issues?

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied
    Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

That would be great from a fan perspective. I miss the days where media timeouts didn't exist.

From a business perspective, the smaller radio stations need every media timeout to pay their bills.
    Some of it goes back to the CCHA days. Televised games had one set of timeout rules and non televised had another. Which meant that games at Michigan or State were played differently that games at NMU or the Soo. So the move was made to have all games played under the same standards.

Leave a comment:

• Lost_Husky
    replied
    Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    WCHA Commissioner confirms that no changes will be made to timing for WCHA games. 3 media timeouts per period, 15:00 intermissions.

The Big Ten has dropped to one media timeout per period and 12:00 intermissions.
    That would be great from a fan perspective. I miss the days where media timeouts didn't exist.

From a business perspective, the smaller radio stations need every media timeout to pay their bills.

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied
    WCHA Commissioner confirms that no changes will be made to timing for WCHA games. 3 media timeouts per period, 15:00 intermissions.

The Big Ten has dropped to one media timeout per period and 12:00 intermissions.

Leave a comment:

• DrunkTrainPolka
    replied
    Same here. I hate watching it happen.
    just checked... as of the 13th, they have raised $850k out of the $3,000k with 90 days to go... hmm... they may make it. no?

https://saveseawolfhockey.com/

GO TECH GOLD!

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied
    Already talked to one WCHA AD who confirms that if the school meets testing requirements (and is part of the agreement to play WCHA games anyway, as confirmed by the WCHA commissioner) that college hockey is still a go. Zero fans, not even the families or staff that have been allowed at some events recently. No word on what media will be allowed.
    Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 11-16-2020, 10:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X