X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

To whom are you referring here?
    That's his cryptic way of explaining why Mastrosimone transferred to ASU.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

or ask what type of guy comes in and waits for half the season to fly by before doing his job?
      You don't just come into a new situation as an assistant with someone you know... and just say ok "Hi I am here I am taking over" ---

Comment

• How do you feel about the loss of Mastrosimone? My view, certainly the loss of a decent goal scorer, but not a devastating development.
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post

You don't just come into a new situation as an assistant with someone you know... and just say ok "Hi I am here I am taking over" ---
          I've heard unsubstantiated rumors that line up with you on this.

Basically, around the time of Christmas break internal strife among the team directly and indirectly prompted Jay to take on a much more hands-on approach than an associate HC normally would. Up to and including him creating and leading a new morning practice schedule that focused on fundamental flaws the team showed in games.

Again, that info was from second and third hand information so it may have some inconsistency but from what I understand it accurately portrays Jay's significant increase in direct player development midseason.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

I've heard unsubstantiated rumors that line up with you on this.

Basically, around the time of Christmas break internal strife among the team directly and indirectly prompted Jay to take on a much more hands-on approach than an associate HC normally would. Up to and including him creating and leading a new morning practice schedule that focused on fundamental flaws the team showed in games.

Again, that info was from second and third hand information so it may have some inconsistency but from what I understand it accurately portrays Jay's significant increase in direct player development midseason.
            Well, this is tantalizing. Conceding that your post is based on "unsubstantiated rumors" (which are the lifeblood of this forum), do you know:

1. Did JP initiate these sessions on his own? Or did he do so at Albie's request?

2. You refer to "internal strife". Was the strife the result of players' frustration that errors and flaws weren't being addressed by Albie?

3. Did these sessions, and the resulting improvement in the teams play, create friction between JP and Albie?
            Last edited by buoldtimer; 05-03-2022, 12:55 PM.
            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• So who gets the blame for faltering down the stretch? Must be Albie...

Comment

Well, this is tantalizing. Conceding that your post is based on "unsubstantiated rumors" (which are the lifeblood of this forum), do you know:

1. Did JP initiate these sessions on his own? Or did he do so at Albie's request?

2. You refer to "internal strife". Was the strife the result of players' frustration that errors and flaws weren't being addressed by Albie?

3. Did these sessions, and the resulting improvement in the teams play, create friction between JP and Albie?
                From my sources - many players weren't happy with the "accountability" factor of Albie. Some players were missing meetings, late for practices, etc. and nothing was done. JP stepped in and took more ownership of coaching roles. Team responded with better play. Changes needed to made on the coaching staff and roster and they have been addressed.

Comment

As someone who has heard similar "unsubstantiated rumors", my takes are:

1. I do not believe Albie asked Jay to run these practices following the team's return from its break. I also don't believe Jay went over Albie's head / behind Albie's back. I'm under the impression other stakeholders may have had their input that led to this course of action. Which leads me to...

2. Yes, the strife stemmed from mounting frustration as you described. I was told numerous players and even parents reached out to Jay directly, asking for his opinions/observations on the team's performance. My understanding is Jay agreed with much of what he was hearing from the players/parents, felt something different needed to be done, but also felt at the time he couldn't overstep his boundaries.

3. I'm not aware of any friction between Albie and Jay. Although I've never been sold that the decision to bring Jay onto BU's staff was entirely Albie's.
                  Last edited by Friend_of_BU_Hockey; 05-03-2022, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                    From my sources - many players weren't happy with the "accountability" factor of Albie. Some players were missing meetings, late for practices, etc. and nothing was done.
                    I've heard similar. One particular story from the 1st half of the season was that multiple players "opted-out" of being available for a 2-game series. Had nothing to do with hockey, injuries, academics, nor personal/family matters.

I heard apparently Albie's handling of that situation fell somewhere in between "indifferent" to "nonchalant".

This was also around the time when numerous players / parents approached Jay directly as I had previously written about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post

I've heard similar. One particular story from the 1st half of the season was that multiple players "opted-out" of being available for a 2-game series. Had nothing to do with hockey, injuries, academics, nor personal/family matters.

I heard apparently Albie's handling of that situation fell somewhere in between "indifferent" to "nonchalant".

This was also around the time when numerous players / parents approached Jay directly as I had previously written about.
                      What sane player opts out of suiting up? I'd think most coaches would comply. And then forget to reinsert them in the lineup.
                      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Wow. This thread is on FIRE today. Keep it coming!

BU Hockey: Rumors, Innuendo, and Hot Takes!
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post

As someone who has heard similar "unsubstantiated rumors", my takes are:

1. I do not believe Albie asked Jay to run these practices following the team's return from its break. I also don't believe Jay went over Albie's head / behind Albie's back. I'm under the impression other stakeholders may have had their input that led to this course of action. Which leads me to...

2. Yes, the strife stemmed from mounting frustration as you described. I was told numerous players and even parents reached out to Jay directly, asking for his opinions/observations on the team's performance. My understanding is Jay agreed with what he was hearing (and seeing), felt something different needed to be done, but also felt at the time he couldn't overstep his boundaries.

3. I'm not aware of any friction between Albie and Jay. Although I've never been sold that the decision to bring Jay onto BU's staff was entirely Albie's.
                          I would say a lot of these things are very much in the Ballpark and a fraction of all the stuff that went down. I think Accountability is a key word you will find across this entire scenario from the coach to some of the players and well I think we have seen some of the resulting factors there..... And heck Wednesday is Hump Day isn't it :-)
                          Last edited by ColinWilsonFan; 05-03-2022, 07:00 PM.

Comment

How do you feel about the loss of Mastrosimone? My view, certainly the loss of a decent goal scorer, but not a devastating development.
                            True, but in the context of where the roster stands, losing anyone in the 2-3 deep isn't positive and as an upperclassman with experience it is even more of a loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post

Didn’t quite equate “bigger role” into implying “taking over”.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Is today the big day?

Comment

Working...
                                X