BU 2021-22: Albie's Great Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

I'm not sure why he even quoted me to say that but all I was saying was if BU is in on Hastings he would clearly be option #1. So if Michigan State is also courting Hastings it would make sense to wait it out and see what happens knowing you apparently have Pandolfo in your pocket. Unfortunately there is very little to no reporting out there on any of this. Michigan, Michigan State, BC, BU...can we get some reporting? But then what if Michigan wants to make a run at Hastings? He would be the first domino to fall in all of this. And then nobody really knows if he's even considering leaving Minnesota State.
    Apparently, BU has abolished its School of Journalism. The Boston Hockey Blog crowd cover BU hockey only when there is absolutely, positively nothing else to do.
    Last edited by buoldtimer; 04-26-2022, 05:41 PM.
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by RefereeGrav View Post

It’s been 50 days since the end of the season and still no hire. At what point does “due diligence” turn into incompetence on the admin side?
      Or it is just the mysterious Human Resource policy - if Jeff Cox had accurate information.

Comment

• Originally posted by RefereeGrav View Post
        It’s been 50 days since the end of the season and still no hire. At what point does “due diligence” turn into incompetence on the admin side?
        IIRC, there was a surprising delay in announcing the head coach hire at Northeastern after Jimmy Madigan took the AD job, even though everybody in the galaxy knew it was going to Jerry Keefe. Explained away as "HR procedures."
        Last edited by Split-N; 04-27-2022, 09:02 AM.
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Rumors of PC's Leaman interviewing for the BC job. If true, he should at least inquire with BU to create a bidding war.

Comment

• I'm curious and wanted to get the thoughts on this from everyone on here:

Would you be willing to pay Hastings the same amount (adjusted for inflation) that Quinn was getting paid?

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
              I'm curious and wanted to get the thoughts on this from everyone on here:

Would you be willing to pay Hastings the same amount (adjusted for inflation) that Quinn was getting paid?
              In a heartbeat!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                I'm curious and wanted to get the thoughts on this from everyone on here:

No reason not to.

Comment

• Tomorrow is May 1st. I doubt we would hear on a Sunday but who knows?

Will Monday be the day?

Comment

• Chris Bourque is retiring from hockey. His OT goal to win the Beanpot was his highlight on Comm Ave.
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrier86 View Post

In a heartbeat!!
                      More. Hastings has a proven track record stronger than Quinn. I would break the bank to get him. Time to close the deal!

Comment

• Would happily pay Hastings Quinn's salary.

I'd be more concerned whether Hastings wants to be the BU head coach, or is just looking to take a leap to the first bigger-name program that will pay him well and offer a good spot.

I also believe if Hastings were in serious talks with BU, we would've heard a leak from somewhere beyond the original tweet from the BC blogger guy. While BU has kept a tight muzzle on everything, they wouldn't be able to keep Mankato players, families, and recruits quiet who all would likely get a whiff if Hastings were close to a deal with BU.

Considering there's been no sniff of everything I'm inclined to believe Jay will be announced as the new HC next week. If so, I'd hope he can hire Joe Pereira as his backfill at associate HC. They'd complement each other's skills extremely well imo.
                        Last edited by brassbonanza; 04-30-2022, 05:32 PM.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          Would happily pay Hastings Quinn's salary.

I'd be more concerned whether Hastings wants to be the BU head coach, or is just looking to take a leap to the first bigger-name program that will pay him well and offer a good spot.

I also believe if Hastings were in serious talks with BU, we would've heard a leak from somewhere beyond the original tweet from the BC blogger guy. While BU has kept a tight muzzle on everything, they wouldn't be able to keep Mankato players, families, and recruits quiet who all would likely get a whiff if Hastings were close to a deal with BU.

Considering there's been no sniff of everything I'm inclined to believe Jay will be announced as the new HC next week. If so, I'd hope he can hire Joe Pereira as his backfill at associate HC. They'd complement each other's skills extremely well imo.
                          Conversely, if Jay was chosen, don't ya think we'd have had a leak about that? It's been a full month since Albie was let go. If this is some ridiculous HR procedure, wouldn't they have announced Jay already saying effective May 1st? If Jay is announced, this whole thing makes the program look weak and indecisive.

I want a Hastings/Pecknold/Leaman type, so short of that I'm going to be disappointed even further.

Comment

Would happily pay Hastings Quinn's salary.

Just because there aren't any good college hockey reporters doesn't mean there aren't serious talks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrier86 View Post

Conversely, if Jay was chosen, don't ya think we'd have had a leak about that? It's been a full month since Albie was let go. If this is some ridiculous HR procedure, wouldn't they have announced Jay already saying effective May 1st? If Jay is announced, this whole thing makes the program look weak and indecisive.

I want a Hastings/Pecknold/Leaman type, so short of that I'm going to be disappointed even further.
                              No, I don't think there'd necessarily be a leak. There could, but if BU is making an effort to keep information from getting out that's a lot easier if you don't have a second school involved in the process.

If you want a Hastings/Pecknold/Leaman type - those are three very different types of head coaches, so I have no idea what you're looking for.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

No, I don't think there'd necessarily be a leak. There could, but if BU is making an effort to keep information from getting out that's a lot easier if you don't have a second school involved in the process.

If you want a Hastings/Pecknold/Leaman type - those are three very different types of head coaches, so I have no idea what you're looking for.
                                True, it would be easier to prevent leaks if no other coaches are part of the process but it doesn’t mean they aren't part of the process either. Time will tell.

I'm looking for a proven, successful head coach. Period. That's why I laid out those three names. Stylistically, while there are differences in those three, I don't think it'll matter much if any of those guys were to get the job because they are experienced, respected, recruit well, develop players, and are excellent in-game coaches. Each would be successful here and so could others.

Comment

Working...
                                X