Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Does it get Albie a new contract?
    If no trophies this year no contract imo. He hasn't won anything.

Comment

• Peterson is back in the lineup tonight.

When BU beat both UMass and Providence, I started thinking this is how the season will go:

- Win Beanpot semi-final
      - Win between Beanpot game
      - Lose Beanpot final in excruciating fashion to BC (because they will not go 0-February like the did in January)
      - Lose (or lose and tie) games to BC at end of month
      - Split at UMaine
      - Get home ice for QF and lose
      - Watch BC go to the Garden (which, based on how the standings end up could be playing BC in the QFs)

Comment

• Have you all seen this nonsense!? Grrrrrr

https://***********/Buccigross/statu...cNhrsebUCUFjCg

It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
          Remember back before the season started and we thought SOS would matter? Many, including myself, were complaining about the weak schedule.

I don't really think it is relevant at this point. BU is not a good team and we certainly are not going to contend for a national championship. Winning a bunch of games against mostly bad competition doesn't make a team good. It makes a team mediocre and slightly more entertaining to watch.
          I remember us complaining that a poor SOS home schedule was going to keep Agganis mostly empty. It definitely makes it very difficult to sneak into the NCAA tourney.

Agreed that this team is very far away from contending for a natty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
            Have you all seen this nonsense!? Grrrrrr

https://***********/Buccigross/statu...cNhrsebUCUFjCg
            It is asinine. I am sure the insurance experts will chime in on this but let's say in next week's title game BU and NU complete the 5 minute OT and are supposed to do a shootout. Game already counts as a tie for PWR purposes. Metcalf is seen chatting to both coaches and we drop the puck on a 20 minute sudden death OT period.

One can dream.

Being serious though, this rule change without a doubt takes away a lot of the excitement for me. The fact it could be decided with a 3 on 3 OT is bad enough. But then a shootout? Completely ruins the competition.

Comment

• If both semifinals and the consolation game have to be decided that way, so be it, but the championship game - absolutely not.

Comment

• Look at those sweaters!!! Love.
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Look at those sweaters!!! Love.
                  My heart be still. Haven’t seen those since the 70’s. I would like to see BC bring out their 70’s jerseys with the yellow helmet too.

Comment

• Commesso and O’Brien names Walter Brown Award semi finalists

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

It is asinine. I am sure the insurance experts will chime in on this but let's say in next week's title game BU and NU complete the 5 minute OT and are supposed to do a shootout. Game already counts as a tie for PWR purposes. Metcalf is seen chatting to both coaches and we drop the puck on a 20 minute sudden death OT period.

One can dream.

Being serious though, this rule change without a doubt takes away a lot of the excitement for me. The fact it could be decided with a 3 on 3 OT is bad enough. But then a shootout? Completely ruins the competition.
                      Agree- super lame. Just another reason to skip the Beanpot.
                      Last edited by ericredaxe; 02-07-2022, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Close to having our first shot at this new process. Not looking forward to it because BU is horrible in shootouts. What do they have, like, one shootout goal overall?

Comment

• The announcers just commented that the Bruins are hosting the winter classic again next year. Does that mean more of the ridiculous Fenway games for BU, BC etc?

Comment

Look at those sweaters!!! Love.
                            Bernie was calling them the “O’Callahans.”

Comment

• Great effort fellas (and sweet throwback sweaters!). Now please, for the love of god, win the damn Beanpot. It's been far too long.
                              Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Section 6, Row S View Post

Bernie was calling them the “O’Callahans.”
                                Was thinking Vic Stanfield myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X