Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skoog’s goal was #2 on SportsCenter’s top 10. Why do I feel like at some point in the future the NCAA will ban those types of goals. I hope not. It was fun to see.

Anything about Harvard BU needs to be concerned about? They’re missing a player or two to the Olympics, right?

Comment

• I don't see the NCAA banning it unless the NHL finds a way to legislate it out of the game. Chatted about that last night with my friend who's an ex-ref - his opinion is there's no way they can make a rule to take it out without completely making something up. The rule I could see is relaxing the slashing rule for instances where the player is "carrying" the puck on his stick like that.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Why do I feel like at some point in the future the NCAA will ban those types of goals. I hope not. It was fun to see.
        Why would they even consider it? It is a skill that very few can do, and is always highlighted when it happens.

More likely they'd count them double than do away with them!

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          They still play Peter Gunn (and never stopped) so you all can stop complaining about that.
          Glad it was back.

And it was gone when the band was not there and the music was (badly canned). And prior to that, they were only playing an abbreviated version before jumping to "Shipping Up to Boston."

"Peter Gunn" is synonymous with Terrier hockey, and so glad the band seems to be recognizing that tradition again. Every Boston school uses "Shipping ..."

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

And Bomber is officially off the "do not allow entrance" list!
            If they get home ice for HE I'm allowed back in the building! : )

It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              They still play Peter Gunn (and never stopped) so you all can stop complaining about that.
              Do they? When the team takes the ice? Really?

I’ll have to pay closer attention next game I’m there. I feel like I have not heard it in years

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                Do they? When the team takes the ice? Really?
                I've been listening closer for the past several games. The band has played an abbreviated (25-30 second) version of Peter Gunn when the team comes out for the start of the game and the start of the second period. When the team comes out for the start of the third they start the Peter Gunn theme before seguing into what sound like "Also sprach Zarathustra" to me, but definitely not "Shipping up to Boston."

Sean
                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                NCAA Hockey Financials
                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                  I've been listening closer for the past several games. The band has played an abbreviated (25-30 second) version of Peter Gunn when the team comes out for the start of the game and the start of the second period. When the team comes out for the start of the third they start the Peter Gunn theme before seguing into what sound like "Also sprach Zarathustra" to me, but definitely not "Shipping up to Boston."

Sean
                  Yep, this is exactly what they've been doing for a very, very long time.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Anything about Harvard BU needs to be concerned about? They’re missing a player or two to the Olympics, right?
                    They are missing 2 of their top 3 scorers in Nick Abruzzese and Sean Farrell who are both better than a point per game guys - both to the US team.

Their goalie, Michell Gibson (Jr) is having a nice year at 2.17 GAA and a .911 save %. He played both Beanpot games in 2020, both losses.

They are 6-3-1 in the last 10 and in the 2nd half. Lost in OT at Northeastern 2-1 in the first half and won at BC recently 6-3 where I think they erased a 3-0 deficit.

This will be a fair test against a good goaltender. With The 5pm start we will have to generate our own energy at the start. I’m assuming Duplessis will start as he has the most game time this year. I think the way we have been playing, we will score enough goals to win. They will probably be a little challenged on the offensive end missing a chunk of their firepower. If Duplessis keeps his emotions in check, I see us as the favorite.

Cockerill is starting to look like the madman in the ice that I thought he would be. That’s the leadership we needed and it is now clicking.

Comment

• Have to assume it's Vinnie in net - he deserves it. If Albie starts Abel, he should be fired on the spot.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• The team is looking better in terms of the eye test and has had a nice run of wins/ties over the past month-plus. So, I went back and computed the PWR of those games and it averaged 35; not exactly the iron the HE and elsewhere... And due to HE being down at the top, we might not even face another top 15 other than perhaps meeting up with UMass in the HE playoffs. So, pretty hard to gauge where this team's really at now and whether this is fool's gold or not? Time will tell; or will it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrier86 View Post
                          The team is looking better in terms of the eye test and has had a nice run of wins/ties over the past month-plus. So, I went back and computed the PWR of those games and it averaged 35; not exactly the iron the HE and elsewhere... And due to HE being down at the top, we might not even face another top 15 other than perhaps meeting up with UMass in the HE playoffs. So, pretty hard to gauge where this team's really at now and whether this is fool's gold or not? Time will tell; or will it?
                          To be fair BU had a pretty hard schedule for the first half - add in their injuries and depleted roster and the results weren't very good. Now they are getting healthy and playing an easier schedule so the points are piling up. Teams like NU had a very easy first half schedule so they probably got inflated expectations. It all evens out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

To be fair BU had a pretty hard schedule for the first half - add in their injuries and depleted roster and the results weren't very good. Now they are getting healthy and playing an easier schedule so the points are piling up. Teams like NU had a very easy first half schedule so they probably got inflated expectations. It all evens out.
                            Agree on the injuries/depleted roster, but only to a degree on the "pretty hard schedule"; the first 4 series were against UConn (same PWR as us), Sacred Heart (fairly lower than us), and Merrimack and Lowell (higher than us) and we came out of those 8 games at a 3-5 W-L record. Opponents' PWR on those 8 games was about 22.

I get you can only play the teams that are on the schedule. Our SOS definitely takes a hit when BC and other top-end HE teams are down. The whole East is down, honestly. Hopefully HE and ECAC can rebuild quickly.

Comment

• Remember back before the season started and we thought SOS would matter? Many, including myself, were complaining about the weak schedule.

I don't really think it is relevant at this point. BU is not a good team and we certainly are not going to contend for a national championship. Winning a bunch of games against mostly bad competition doesn't make a team good. It makes a team mediocre and slightly more entertaining to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                                Remember back before the season started and we thought SOS would matter? Many, including myself, were complaining about the weak schedule.

I don't really think it is relevant at this point. BU is not a good team and we certainly are not going to contend for a national championship. Winning a bunch of games against mostly bad competition doesn't make a team good. It makes a team mediocre and slightly more entertaining to watch.
                                Does it get Albie a new contract?

Comment

Working...
                                X