This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Soooo, Arizona State sweeps Cornell last weekend, then BU sweeps Arizona State. Cornell sweeps North Dakota. I don’t think it means anything. Just wanted to share.
    It means all our players were sick last weekend. :-)
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Soooo, Arizona State sweeps Cornell last weekend, then BU sweeps Arizona State. Cornell sweeps North Dakota. I don’t think it means anything. Just wanted to share.
      Yes, crazy! Unfortunately I missed much of the second game & all of the first. Stats on the second game looked similar. What was your takeaway on why/how BU won?

Good luck to your team on the rest of the season. Always liked BU. Best televised - wasn't there - college hockey game I've ever seen was that 2009 natty game. Was in a bar in Oklahoma & everyone was wondering why I was yelling at the TV.

Comment

• Great to see the offense get rolling. Defensive zone still needs work. So passive in their own zone it looks like they are on penalty kill when it’s 5v5. Defense wins and this teams needs to be more dedicated in the dzone if they want to beat the tough teams.

Comment

• So, Arizona State throttles Northeastern with Levi in goal tonight 6-2 putting up 25 SOG in the first period. What? Were they missing key players? I guess we knew they had that offensive potential. UConn lost to AIC tonight as well. Hockey East is really down recently out of conference. Anyway we moved up to 26 in the PWR with those results. I feel like we’re being teased. If we can manage a win this weekend against UConn, we have the 2 against Vermont which should be wins. From there who knows? I know, I’m getting ahead of myself, but I can’t help it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU93 View Post
            I know, I’m getting ahead of myself, but I can’t help it.
            none of us can, we’ll except for jofa. he can
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• I was just looking at the Hockey East standings and BU has played more games than all the other teams in the league. Most are in the 10-11 game range, BU has played 13. This does not bode well because at some point BU will be done and can't do more while other teams can vault over them. Given their current position in the standings, every point will count now. I'm curious as to how the next three games will go.

Has there been any mention about Case McCarthy's injury?

Comment

• The U.S. Olympic roster will be announced at 5 p.m. ET today on ESPN2's The Point and I won't be surprised if Commesso is invited. Albie was asked about the Olympics during today's media call:

I think other teams in our league will get hit. I don’t think it’s just us, [then quickly]... if it does happen… The U.S. and Canadian college teams that have those players, they’re going to lose some important players to their rosters, but it’s an opportunity for guys who might never have an opportunity to play for an Olympic team, especially if the NHL players are in.

Hearing that Canada has invited NU's Levi and that BC's Hellerson is on the U.S. roster.
                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• We lost our goalie. : (

And BC and Harvard lost 2 players each. (Didn't see that one coming)
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    We lost our goalie. : (

And BC and Harvard lost 2 players each. (Didn't see that one coming)
                    Seriously - I mean good for him but not what we needed right now just as it seemed things were starting to move in the right direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      We lost our goalie. : (
                      So, is it like too late to revoke my Beanpot ticket request? #AskingForAFriend

Comment

• oh no!! we stink again
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• So, is he already gone? Just like that? Seems awfully quick. Good for him, though! I expect he's gone for the rest of the season because I am envisioning quarantine issues, but who knows.

Also, I seem to recall when we had to have Vinny step in (was that last season????) and he played reeeeeeeaallly well. Didn't he have an awesome game against BC? My memory is going so I can't really recall.

Comment

So, is he already gone? Just like that? Seems awfully quick. Good for him, though! I expect he's gone for the rest of the season because I am envisioning quarantine issues, but who knows.

Also, I seem to recall when we had to have Vinny step in (was that last season????) and he played reeeeeeeaallly well. Didn't he have an awesome game against BC? My memory is going so I can't really recall.
                            He did. He played well for at least 3-4 games there when Commesso had COVID.

I'm actually more bummed about the Michigan kids. I watched a good chunk of Sunday's Michigan-UMass game and I got excited about attending the Frozen Four and watching that team play in person. Oh well, more disappointment. Cancelations/disappointment/not getting to enjoy nice things is our new normal. #WhinyFriday

BU Hockey: Our Old Coach Stole Our Goalie
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

• His most recent team is Boston University???

How many of this year's Olympic team were part of this year's World Junior team?

Nice to see both Commesso and Warsofsky get to use their BU jersey numbers.

On a completely separate note - has there been any update on Jack Eichel's recovery? Wasn't he supposed to start playing around now?

#BrainDumpFriday

Comment

So, is he already gone? Just like that? Seems awfully quick. Good for him, though! I expect he's gone for the rest of the season because I am envisioning quarantine issues, but who knows.

Nothing the the USA Hockey announcement indicates when Quinn will gather the squad for practices, but Albie indicated in his media call that like 2018, practice days would be limited. First game is Feb. 9, so I'd guess Commesso should be available through the end of the month. I'd also guess that Vinny would get one or two starts this month (Vermont and/or Maine).

Last year Vinny won his first four starts, beginning with a 3-1 win against BC. The streak ended with a 5-2 loss to Merrimack.

Having a back-up goalie start in the Beanpot recalls Stephen Siwiec's super, 36-save effort in the 2005 opening game, a 2-1 upset of then #1 BC. A week later, John Curry returned for the OT win against Northeastern with Chris Bourque scoring the game-winner after Bryan Miller's end-to-end rush. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFLT_lZv5i0

The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X