Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Doyle leaving I would not be surprised to see BU get some defenseman from the portal. With 5 defenseman committed to come in over the next 3 years is very slim. Especially with all of them besides Gallagher, Webber, and Jarman graduating by 2023 (without counting early departures which only seems to be Vlasic).

Comment

• Originally posted by hydrant View Post
      With Doyle leaving I would not be surprised to see BU get some defenseman from the portal. With 5 defenseman committed to come in over the next 3 years is very slim. Especially with all of them besides Gallagher, Webber, and Jarman graduating by 2023 (without counting early departures which only seems to be Vlasic).

One would hope that the portal is good to BU once Albie's successor is named. Sigh.

Comment

• I guess I haven't really been following the team as closely the past couple of seasons since they've been so bad, but what was the deal with Doyle? He was a big-time recruit and then was pushed back a year or two? And now I see he has only played in eight games? Did he end up just not developing over the end of his high school/USHL time?

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
          I guess I haven't really been following the team as closely the past couple of seasons since they've been so bad, but what was the deal with Doyle? He was a big-time recruit and then was pushed back a year or two? And now I see he has only played in eight games? Did he end up just not developing over the end of his high school/USHL time?
          I think he didn't develop as expected. From the games I have seen that he has played in, he has shown to be a bottom pairing d at best. Not saying he can't improve, but that is how I see him at this point.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

I think he didn't develop as expected. From the games I have seen that he has played in, he has shown to be a bottom pairing d at best. Not saying he can't improve, but that is how I see him at this point.
            I think college hockey recruiting in general and BU's specifically has gotten less efficient with the advent of getting commitments at/around age 16. Some peak early, some peak late and it is sort of a crap shoot.

With this trend and the advent of the transfer portal frenzy, I think it's going to turn into more of a quagmire.

I think BU should try to be a bit more patient in terms of targeting 16 year olds. The other thing they should do is stay away from committing to former player's sons that are that age - it hasn't worked too well either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrier86 View Post

I think college hockey recruiting in general and BU's specifically has gotten less efficient with the advent of getting commitments at/around age 16. Some peak early, some peak late and it is sort of a crap shoot.

With this trend and the advent of the transfer portal frenzy, I think it's going to turn into more of a quagmire.

I think BU should try to be a bit more patient in terms of targeting 16 year olds. The other thing they should do is stay away from committing to former player's sons that are that age - it hasn't worked too well either.
              The new rules prohibiting super early commitments should help.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

The new rules prohibiting super early commitments should help.
                Agreed. My blood pressure goes up when I see a BU commit that is slated to be on campus three years from when the news breaks. With our legacy, facilities, and hopefully better coaching staff/head coach I feel as though we can wait a bit on the freshman pool AND use the portal better to fill in spots when needed (I think when a more effective and respected staff is in place, then we should be able to entice really good upperclassmen to transfer in).

Comment

• Well BU went full idiotic with their new fan policy....now you have to have a Booster to get into games from Feb. 4th onward? Have the idiots in power realized that the vaccines are an abject failure and don't do anything to prevent transmission? It didn't work the first time, or second time, or third time but keep trying.... Did these "educational" institutes ever put their political bias aside and follow the common sense science? I am not anti-vax as I am vaccinated but I am not continuously getting boostered with the data that is now available. I know one thing for sure that BU isn't going to get me to another game this season so I will save my money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                    Well BU went full idiotic with their new fan policy....now you have to have a Booster to get into games from Feb. 4th onward? Have the idiots in power realized that the vaccines are an abject failure and don't do anything to prevent transmission? It didn't work the first time, or second time, or third time but keep trying.... Did these "educational" institutes ever put their political bias aside and follow the common sense science? I am not anti-vax as I am vaccinated but I am not continuously getting boostered with the data that is now available. I know one thing for sure that BU isn't going to get me to another game this season so I will save my money.
                    This is a city of Boston requirement.

BU Alum '07

Comment

• Originally posted by joen05 View Post

This is a city of Boston requirement.
                      No it is not....the BU policy goes beyond that and requires a booster.

City of Boston rules (which are also idiotic and do nothing to prevent the spread - look at NYC for real-world scientific data on it):

In the coming weeks and months, all eligible individuals will be required to show proof that they’re fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be allowed inside restaurants, gyms, museums, and other indoor venues in Boston.

Along with other local communities, Mayor Michelle Wu announced Monday that Boston is phasing in a vaccine requirement this winter for certain indoor venues, amid spiking cases and hospitalizations due to COVID-19.

The requirement will apply to indoor dining at restaurants, including bars and nightclubs; indoor fitness centers; and indoor recreational spaces, like theaters, concert venues, and sports arenas.

Last edited by Lemonade; 01-06-2022, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• The Boston rules are basically the same but with a longer timeline. 5 year olds and over have until May 1 to comply. Quote from the city of Boston "B Together" info page states: "There is currently no requirement in the policy to have a booster to enter indoor establishments. The Public Health Commission may modify this provision in the future, in consultation with public health data and guidance from the CDC."
                        So, fully vaccinated doesn't include the booster. Yet.
                        Last edited by terrier1976; 01-06-2022, 02:38 PM.

Comment

No it is not ...[/B]
                          When you're already lemonade, why make lemons?

Comment

• Originally posted by terrier1976 View Post
                            The Boston rules are basically the same but with a longer timeline. 5 year olds and over have until May 1 to comply. Quote from the city of Boston "B Together" info page states: "There is currently no requirement in the policy to have a booster to enter indoor establishments. The Public Health Commission may modify this provision in the future, in consultation with public health data and guidance from the CDC."
                            So, fully vaccinated doesn't include the booster. Yet.
                            So BU made it up its own rules and make a booster a requirement although its been scientifically proven that a booster or vax does NOTHING in regards to transmission of the virus.....whats next you have to wear a yellow chicken hat to get in too? Science right!

Comment

So BU made it up its own rules and make a booster a requirement although its been scientifically proven that a booster or vax does NOTHING in regards to transmission of the virus.....whats next you have to wear a yellow chicken hat to get in too? Science right!
                              What it does is to considerably lessen the effects of the virus. As in, you are much less likely to end up in the hospital. Or die.

In Massachusetts, you are 31 times more likely to get COVID if you are not vaccinated.

Comment

The February 4th date is one that the University set back in December 10th (and sent via email to the entire BU community - see excerpt below from that email) as the deadline for all members of its community to get the booster. Thus it is applying that requirement to in-person attendance at its athletics events held on campus, even if one isn't a student, faculty or staff member.

We will require all members of our community—students, faculty, staff, and affiliates—who are eligible (six months past completing their initial Moderna or Pfizer vaccination; two months past the Johnson & Johnson vaccination) to demonstrate that you have had the booster shot by February 4 (or as soon as your eligibility allows). Once you have received a booster, please upload this information to the student or employee portals.

There's a home game (vs. Maine) on February 4th and one more (vs. BC) on February 26th. Per your choice to not get the booster, those are the only remaining home games you'd be unable to attend.

Comment

Working...
                                X