BU 2021-22: Albie's Great Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Well NU has gone to no fans, BC just pulled out of their bowl game for a second year in a row and postponed professional games have become commonplace - so yeah, never thought we would still be here 2 years later but given where we are I’d say there is a not small chance that we see other disruptions to the schedule and procedures.
    The only thing that would surprise me from decision makers is standing up and saying it's been two years and we need to get on with things. The easy move is to just keep routine testing in place for athletes when it's not for my job/many jobs, canceling everything when there is a COVID spike with the naive thought that COVID will go away. I got my booster recently and wear a mask but at some point enough is enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Well NU has gone to no fans, BC just pulled out of their bowl game for a second year in a row and postponed professional games have become commonplace - so yeah, never thought we would still be here 2 years later but given where we are I’d say there is a not small chance that we see other disruptions to the schedule and procedures.
      Why not let the other countries have the patent and vaccine everyone quicker ? Else the anti vaxers will keep promoting this nonsense they spew and extend this pandemic on and on

I have no problems with boosters, self distancing, and masks until everyone is vaccinated and we achieve herd immunity
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Agree, the people who have made money on the pandemic need to spread it around so that we can get back to normal or at least find a new normal. The restrictions are necessary but it is sucking the fun out of living. Get vaccinated and boosted.

Comment

• Just came on here to see if today’s
          game has been cancelled yet.
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Mark Divver reporting that BU will be going with 11 forwards and 4 defensemen
            Jay O'Brien returns

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              Just came on here to see if today’s
              game has been cancelled yet.
              If Albie was as good at coaching as you are at being cynical, we'd be talking about a contract extension for him ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
                Mark Divver reporting that BU will be going with 11 forwards and 4 defensemen
                Jay O'Brien returns
                Michigan would've cancelled.

Tuch-O'Brien-Cockerill
                Kaufman-Skoog-Peterson
                Armstrong-Zabaneh-Ty Amonte
                Stevens-Tristan Amonte
                Vlasic-Webber
                Fensore-McCarthy
                Duplessis

The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

Michigan would've cancelled.

Tuch-O'Brien-Cockerill
                  Kaufman-Skoog-Peterson
                  Armstrong-Zabaneh-Ty Amonte
                  Stevens-Tristan Amonte
                  Vlasic-Webber
                  Fensore-McCarthy
                  Duplessis
                  Have the authorities been alerted? #HockeyTeamAbuse #NotSafe #TheMichiganDoctorsWouldBeHorrified
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Covid is once again saving Albie's job, as there's a lot bigger issues currently than an incompetent hockey coach. However the Boucher departure is a bad look for the program and the coach. Either 1) Boucher is a bust, which doesn't bode well for Albie's recruiting abilities, or 2) Boucher has talent but was held down by a grabass offense with zero ability to let good players shine, which isn't going to inspire good players to come here.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Mark Divver reporting that BU will be going with 11 forwards and 4 defensemen...
                      I'll never be mistaken for a BU fan but I have to give Albie credit for not pulling a "Pearson" and BU for not "Michiganing."

"Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Yikes! Brown is terrible at hockey. Hard to tell if DuPlessis was good or not. I guess he did what he had to. Similarly, funny watching Cockerill and Peterson (especially) on D. I think Peterson forgot he was a D once or twice in the 3rd. Their positioning looked ok, but retrieving and breaking out was a bit sketchy. Mostly left to the real d-men, thankfully.

My kid went to a lot of swim meets across the quad from Meeehan. Great area to take in a game/meet and have endless choices for a great meal. Easy off/on to 95. $10 tickets. A likely "W". More, please!
                        Go BU!

Comment

• BU allowed fans (414) at yesterday's men's basketball game so maybe okay Friday night
                          Disney on ice ends run at Agganis arena today so might make decision after that

Comment

BU allowed fans (414) at yesterday's men's basketball game so maybe okay Friday night
                            Disney on ice ends run at Agganis arena today so might make decision after that
                            The attendance for Friday's hockey game at Brown was 473. And the majority were BU fans.

Comment

• Well, I finally PLAYED in my first hockey game last night at age 50! Been waiting to do this for a long time. Incredibly challenging, but fun to be out on the ice from the perspective of a player. I couldn’t believe how gassed I got after my first 3 shifts of about 1-1 1/2 minutes each. Hope to improve as the season goes on.

Comment

• Doyle joining Penticton of the BCHL

https://www.pentictonvees.ca/news-ve...-to-chilliwack

Comment

Working...
                                X