BU 2021-22: Albie's Great Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
    After putting up 2G, 1A in 17 games, Tyler Boucher signs a 3-year entry level deal with Ottawa.**

https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/senators-sign-forward-tyler-boucher-to-a-three-year-entry-level-contract/c-329249448

**Not from The Onion or Andy Borowitz
    ottawa put “team leading penalty” minutes as a positive attribute?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
      ottawa put “team leading penalty” minutes as a positive attribute?
      It could have been worded better, but I think the point he was trying to make is that Boucher is a "physical" player whose attributes could not be realized in U.S. college hockey (Hockey East anyway), because the game is called much more tightly. Wasn't there an earlier post where his father complained that they were "calling everything" or something to that effect? If that's the case he would be better off in Ottawa's system.

Comment

• Waaaaaa! The officiating in college hockey doesn't let me play my game. Waaaa.

It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
          Waaaaaa! The officiating in college hockey doesn't let me play my game. Waaaa.
          Not how I would have worded it, but I agree.

Sean

Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
          BU Hockey highlights and extras
          NCAA Hockey Financials
          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• If the other aspects of his game don't improve immensely, it'll be a lot of years in the AHL. The whole thing makes you wonder if he wasn't hitting the books, either.

Comment

• Odds on BU going to no spectators before the next home game? 50/50?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                Odds on BU going to no spectators before the next home game? 50/50?
                are we not already only allowing vaccinated spectators into the building? should be fine then.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  And then there were two (Ty's on the team that is).

Disappointing but not surprising. I think he will turn into a great player - similar to the improvement we saw from Dylan Peterson going from year 1 to 2. But he was obviously frustrated by all the penalty calls, and it doesn't help that the team is underachieving and we all want a new coach...
                  Under the current administration, does his departure have a real impact? My opinion, no.

if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

Under the current administration, does his departure have a real impact? My opinion, no.
                    And how much is his departure and indictment on the current administration?

How soon before college games are cancelled/postponed? It's coming. And I set the odds of BU going fanless at 63% likely.

It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Yale already restricted attendance to vaccinated spectators only since the season started. No spectators will be allowed to attend its next home game vs Merrimack on New Years Day, vaccinated or not.

Comment

• Boucher, Charlie Coyle, AJ Greer ... power forwards who really struggled offensively in college hockey.

Boucher is still all physical potential, with a long long way to go. He was drafted much higher than he was expected to go. That added what turned out to be unrealistic expectations. He doesn't have the finesse, or apparently the discipline (based on his penalties), to produce the offense that was expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                          Brown's largest crowd this season was 842 for their annual Mayor's Cup Game vs PC. In 2019-20 they only had one game with over 1,000 attendance, the final home game of the regular season vs Cornell. So yes, there will be plenty of good seats available.

Sean
                          If Brown stopped allowing spectators would anyone notice?

A real shame because Meehan Auditorium is nice old arena to watch a game. And amazing to know that an NCAA Frozen Four was once held there.

Comment

• Back in Feb 2020 defkit posted this in the BU 2019-20 thread:
                            Originally posted by defkit
                            It's amazing how often this happens. I see it in the college game and younger (high school, youth hockey). The team that scores an early goal goes onto lose, because they think it is reflective of how the game will go. I'd love to see an analysis of the difference in win percentage for the team that scores first, when that goal comes in the first 5 minutes versus later in the game. No Sean, I am not requesting that you do this. But some games that come to mind going way back: The 1991 NCAA semis against Clarkson, the 1990 Beanpot final against BC, the 1991 Beanpot final against Harvard; '97 NCAA title against UND.
                            Despite not asking me, I did research every DI game that season and my researched showed no difference in results. I just completed compiling game information for this season and I'm current working on last season. While there was only a minor variance for 2019-20, there is a statistically significant variance this season to date, as well as last season for the games I've looked at so far (about half the games). Here are the stats:

Season When First Goal <=5 Minutes When First Goal >5 Minutes
                            GMS W L T Pct. GMS W L T Pct.
                            2019-20 318 200 74 44 0.698 727 474 176 77 0.705
                            2020-21 99 59 35 5 0.621 222 154 47 21 0.741
                            2021-22 151 89 52 10 0.623 352 241 85 26 0.722

I don't know if the last two seasons mark a change, or if the 2019-20 season was an abnormality. I plan to compile the first goal information for other seasons, but it will be a while as I need to compile other additional information for earlier seasons as well.

Note that the first goal was scored in the first 5 minutes in about 30% of the games I've reviewed so far. The earliest first goal was at 9 seconds and the latest first goal was at 64:59 (of a regulation game),both in 2019-20.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                            NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post

If Brown stopped allowing spectators would anyone notice?

A real shame because Meehan Auditorium is nice old arena to watch a game. And amazing to know that an NCAA Frozen Four was once held there.
                              And their real brown bear on display is amazing.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                              NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

• tough for BU to announce fan restriction for Arizona State at this time
                                The arena is currently hosting Disney on ice with 2 performances a day
                                Probably more people attending than will go to hockey game next weekend
                                Would not be surprised though to see premium club closed

Comment

Working...
                                X