This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    It is red, and what I call their alternate jersey. Is that the candy cane one? It is the one pictured in this article. Mass. College Hockey: BU’s Eichel Signs With Buffalo Sabres – Noontime Sports
    Yes, I don't like calling them candy canes, but it was my impression that that is what they are most often called here, although I have also seen them called Bob Marquis jerseys (even though they are complete uniforms). Here are the four uniforms BU has worn the past decade:
    Originals: based on the 1918 uniform
    Garrity: based on the 1949-50 through 1951-52 uniforms
    Marquis: based on the 1956-57 through around 1959-60 uniforms
    Parkers: based on the late sixties and eighties on uniforms (the basic style was introduced by Jack Kelley when he became head coach and has had several minor changes)

But, back to your Eichel jersey, yes that is the one I found a picture of him wearing with the Warrior logo:

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
      Yes, I don't like calling them candy canes, but it was my impression that that is what they are most often called here, although I have also seen them called Bob Marquis jerseys (even though they are complete uniforms). Here are the four uniforms BU has worn the past decade:
      Originals: based on the 1918 uniform
      Garrity: based on the 1949-50 through 1951-52 uniforms
      Marquis: based on the 1956-57 through around 1959-60 uniforms
      Parkers: based on the late sixties and eighties on uniforms (the basic style was introduced by Jack Kelley when he became head coach and has had several minor changes)

But, back to your Eichel jersey, yes that is the one I found a picture of him wearing with the Warrior logo:

Sean
      And also the Fenway Jerseys....

Are you calling the "Parkers" the ones that were most common through the 90's and are closest to the Red Wings Uniforms? We seemed to be wearing them at the start of this season?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        And also the Fenway Jerseys....

Are you calling the "Parkers" the ones that were most common through the 90's and are closest to the Red Wings Uniforms? We seemed to be wearing them at the start of this season?
        Yes, I forgot the Fenway jersey, but 1) it has only been worn at Fenway and 2) I believe it is only a jersey and not a complete uniform. They have at least two different pants and socks for the two main uniforms they wear and the Originals had different gloves, although they used shells on the pants. I would have to see the socks again to determine if they are new or one of the sets they already have.

And, yes I'm calling the uniforms worn during most of Coach Parker's tenure and his playing days "Parkers." Of course he made changes to them over the years: replacing the number on front with a Boston Terrier head, then putting the number back; adding then removing black piping around the numbers and lettering; arching the names of the players for one season. But overall the uniforms remained the same.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
        NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

• Merry Christmas to all you Terriers out there.
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Today is the last day for first-round voting for the top BU Hockey Moments in the program's 100 seasons.
            Video links to most of the first-round bracket moments are here. 1950 semifinal and 1966 2OT tie with Cornell are links to text on the blog. Came up dry on the '66 and '86 Beanpot games.

The link for the 1978 national championship game is the full game, which I hadn't previously found. I had posted a highlights video of that game on the blog about a year ago, but it is no longer available.
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

arching the names of the players for one season.
              Thank god that didn't last. Also, wasn't there a year with larger and maybe "blockier" numbers? May have been the same year as the arched names, but I think it may have been one year before or after. I picture Dan Cavanaugh and John Sabo wearing it.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Anyone heading down to Providence for the game vs. Brown on New Year’s eve? Given the records of each team, I’m guessing plenty of good seats are available

Comment

• Originally posted by Mellow1 View Post
                  Anyone heading down to Providence for the game vs. Brown on New Year’s eve? Given the records of each team, I’m guessing plenty of good seats are available
                  Brown's largest crowd this season was 842 for their annual Mayor's Cup Game vs PC. In 2019-20 they only had one game with over 1,000 attendance, the final home game of the regular season vs Cornell. So yes, there will be plenty of good seats available.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                  NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

• David Quinn named head coach of U.S. men's Olympic hockey team. A no-brainer for USA hockey since the other coaches originally named--Mike Sullivan, John Hynes and Penguins' Todd Reirden--will be staying home with their NHL teams. Players will come from AHL, Euro leagues and college. Vanbiesbrouck is the GM.

So, does Quinn make Steve Greeley an assistant?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                      David Quinn named head coach of U.S. men's Olympic hockey team. A no-brainer for USA hockey since the other coaches originally named--Mike Sullivan, John Hynes and Penguins' Todd Reirden--will be staying home with their NHL teams. Players will come from AHL, Euro leagues and college. Vanbiesbrouck is the GM.

So, does Quinn make Steve Greeley an assistant?
                      Albie likes Chinese food.

Comment

• Buh bye Tyler Boucher.

Comment

• After putting up 2G, 1A in 17 games, Tyler Boucher signs a 3-year entry level deal with Ottawa.**

https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/senators-sign-forward-tyler-boucher-to-a-three-year-entry-level-contract/c-329249448

**Not from The Onion or Andy Borowitz
                          Last edited by Rogie21; 12-28-2021, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• Like father, like son.....
                            The Souza record:
                            15-16 10th place
                            16-17 10th place
                            17-18 11th place
                            18-19 8th place
                            19-20 9th place
                            20-21 10th place
                            21-22 9th place
                            22-23 10th place

Comment

• And then there were two (Ty's on the team that is).

Disappointing but not surprising. I think he will turn into a great player - similar to the improvement we saw from Dylan Peterson going from year 1 to 2. But he was obviously frustrated by all the penalty calls, and it doesn't help that the team is underachieving and we all want a new coach...
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Brown's largest crowd this season was 842 for their annual Mayor's Cup Game vs PC. In 2019-20 they only had one game with over 1,000 attendance, the final home game of the regular season vs Cornell. So yes, there will be plenty of good seats available.

Sean
                                Built in social distance seating! And probably the last game to see in person until March.

*sigh*

Regarding Boucher: Not sure how BU's is going to replace those three points. #Quitter
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X