Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't get to see the game, but good to see them finally notch a win. Would have been nice if the disallowed goals had been legal and if a few of the posts we hit went in. Hopefully keep things moving forward tonight.

Slew Footing must be the new fad in Boston. I can't say I ever hearing that once called in the past and now its come up twice in one week with Marchand and the Bruins and last night in the BU game. Crazy.

Comment

• Given how much we hammer the coaching when the team looks terrible (deserved), have to give credit when the team plays well, and from what I saw last night (probably 2/3rds of the game), they looked good. I know they were not playing a tough opponent, so this doesn't mean anything magical, but there was some pretty solid offensive flow and possession. At one time Tuch, Boucher, and Peterson were out there together - now that could turn into a very intimidating high skill, high physicality line if they stick around long enough. Peterson especially has emerged as a very good player, after a relatively quiet freshman (half) season.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
        Given how much we hammer the coaching when the team looks terrible (deserved), have to give credit when the team plays well, and from what I saw last night (probably 2/3rds of the game), they looked good. I know they were not playing a tough opponent, so this doesn't mean anything magical, but there was some pretty solid offensive flow and possession. At one time Tuch, Boucher, and Peterson were out there together - now that could turn into a very intimidating high skill, high physicality line if they stick around long enough. Peterson especially has emerged as a very good player, after a relatively quiet freshman (half) season.
        Where is O'Brien? Is he hurt again? Peterson is a solid player.

I'd say they looked good for final period, but otherwise it was some old, same old. I agree with hydrant that we look like we're on a penalty kill in the D zone when we're at full strength. No pressure on the puck in the D zone, and we let the opponent's shots from the point accumulate... sooner or later one shot will hit 4 skaters and then go in.

Comment

Given how much we hammer the coaching when the team looks terrible (deserved), have to give credit when the team plays well, and from what I saw last night (probably 2/3rds of the game), they looked good. I know they were not playing a tough opponent, so this doesn't mean anything magical, but there was some pretty solid offensive flow and possession. At one time Tuch, Boucher, and Peterson were out there together - now that could turn into a very intimidating high skill, high physicality line if they stick around long enough. Peterson especially has emerged as a very good player, after a relatively quiet freshman (half) season.
          BU is 11-0-2 against UNH in their last 13 meetings.
          What does that say about Mike Souza? The "University of No Hardware" does not look like it will be adding to its trophy cabinet anytime soon. Quite the fall from the days of "Umiliation" when the Wildcats were very good, fast and fun to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldAlum View Post

Where is O'Brien?
            He was on the cover of what passes for a program these days. At BU, that distinction more often than not goes to a player that doesn't play that night.

Comment

• I thought the UMass and NU games were much more entertaining then this tractor pull. The second period was like a dentist appointment. Or a baseball game. : ). ****ing replay is ruining sports.

Anyway, they're mediocre at best. It will be interesting if everyone returns for second semester.

BU Hockey: Meh
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Why do our Friday 7:30 games always take forever?? And teams should only be allowed one review. That was ridiculous. The refs spent more time in the box than players did. But yay! A win!
                I've looked at the new game sheets using the NCAA system and time (length of game) is recordable, but it's not used. However, in 1919-20 BU regulation home games took an average of 2:14. Yesterday the game took about 2:30.

Sean
                Last edited by Sean Pickett; 12-04-2021, 02:36 PM.
                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                NCAA Hockey Financials
                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Hmm, can we agree that they didn't look like complete dog poo like they pretty much have all year rather than played well? Injuries have really hurt this team this year, great to see Brown back in the lineup (he made a difference) but as someone else mentioned O'Brien was out as was Philips. However, despite the injuries, if the team played previous games this season like they hadn't met each other at orientation earlier in the day then this team would have around a .500 record and be primed to go on a run. Instead they've dug such a large hole that I don't see a way that the Pairwise gets them to the NCAAs, they'll need to win Hockey East. I'm so bitter about the crap hockey I've had to watch the past few years that I didn't even celebrate when they scored last night. I've had season tickets for 25 years and wouldn't renew them if my young son didn't enjoy the games so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post

BU is 11-0-2 against UNH in their last 13 meetings.
                    What does that say about Mike Souza? The "University of No Hardware" does not look like it will be adding to its trophy cabinet anytime soon. Quite the fall from the days of "Umiliation" when the Wildcats were very good, fast and fun to watch.
                    Yup. Welcome to our new reality.

That being said...you better hope that Albie figures out a way to right BU's ship soon.... ; -)
                    UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by kbz View Post

Instead they've dug such a large hole that I don't see a way that the Pairwise gets them to the NCAAs, they'll need to win Hockey East. I'm so bitter about the crap hockey I've had to watch the past few years that I didn't even celebrate when they scored last night. I've had season tickets for 25 years and wouldn't renew them if my young son didn't enjoy the games so much.
                      Playoffs!? PLAYOFFS!? You're talking about playoffs!!? : )

BU Hockey: You Are What Your Record Says You Are
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Huh. A sweep. Helpful i would think as they head into next weekend.

The PxP guy was driving me nuts. Kept saying Comesso’s name wrong, even when the color guy said it correctly. Does he just tune out his color guy? Is the color guy too chicken to correct him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Huh. A sweep. Helpful i would think as they head into next weekend.

The PxP guy was driving me nuts. Kept saying Comesso’s name wrong, even when the color guy said it correctly. Does he just tune out his color guy? Is the color guy too chicken to correct him?
                          Lol - kept thinking he was going to say "commissary".

Comment

• Nice for the players to get some Ws but there's nothing terribly positive to take from either game. UNH is a brutally unskilled and terribly coached team. And yet they still carried play for long stretches.

Anything that moves BU closer to giving Albie year 5 is a net negative for the program. Thus, the team winning games is bad for the program.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• All in all a solid weekend against an average UNH team but every point is well earned in hockey East. It’s amazing when you play sold structured defense how you can win hockey games. Limit odd man rushes and breakaways and stay out of the penalty box and you win games!!!! I still think the team needs a more structured defense first style like Northeastern utilizes. BU isn’t going to put up 5 goals a game so play solid defense, let your goalie make the saves and win 2-1 games.

Comment

• Nice to get a win or two but not much change in pretty even games against a weak team
                                Particularly discouraging was the third period last night getting outshot 18-3
                                Lucky to win
                                Has there ever been less anticipation for a BU-BC game that the one upcoming Friday night
                                Plenty of tickets available

Comment

Working...
                                X