• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    3-12 on the bus ride back from nyc
    Seems extremely realistic now.

Comment

• Looked to me that they struggled on special teams. Aside from that it was pretty equal.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• At least Friday was a nice uniform game. NMU wore 1991 jersey's - complete with names - on Saturday? Is this true? Is there video evidence?

Remember when they were ranked #10 in the country and being talked about as a possible Frozen Four Team? Good times.

BU Hockey: When's Rock Bottom?
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

• So, a week or two ago, USCHO ran a piece about BU "struggling to find consistency". Well, the struggle is over; BU has "achieved" a consistent level of ineptitude.
          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• The real question is will the BU higher ups do what everyone on the planet and anyone who watches this team regularly for the past 4 season knows what needs to be done and that is a coaching change? It needs to be done NOW and not after the season. BU has a multitude of quality coaching candidates at their disposal to look at (Pandolfo!!!, even call Quinn, call Amonte, etc.). If this isn't fixed fast there could be massive repercussions - lets not forget there is a new transfer rule and players can leave without sitting out a year. Good luck recruiting to a bottom dwelling team with a reputation for poor coaching and poor results. Season is still young. Fix it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
              The real question is will the BU higher ups do what everyone on the planet and anyone who watches this team regularly for the past 4 season knows what needs to be done and that is a coaching change? It needs to be done NOW and not after the season. BU has a multitude of quality coaching candidates at their disposal to look at (Pandolfo!!!, even call Quinn, call Amonte, etc.). If this isn't fixed fast there could be massive repercussions - lets not forget there is a new transfer rule and players can leave without sitting out a year. Good luck recruiting to a bottom dwelling team with a reputation for poor coaching and poor results. Season is still young. Fix it now.
              Let's face it, this won't happen during the season. Certainly not for a guy under contract, you are talking like this is the revenue stream in HE is that of college football or basketball with national TV deals. It's college hockey 58 programs more than half lose money. Like it or not he won't be released during the season and we will just have to deal with it. I do agree that a change is needed, however this is BU not Alabama.
              Last edited by RossiRules; 11-08-2021, 10:00 PM.

Comment

The real question is will the BU higher ups do what everyone on the planet and anyone who watches this team regularly for the past 4 season knows what needs to be done and that is a coaching change? It needs to be done NOW and not after the season. BU has a multitude of quality coaching candidates at their disposal to look at (Pandolfo!!!, even call Quinn, call Amonte, etc.). If this isn't fixed fast there could be massive repercussions - lets not forget there is a new transfer rule and players can leave without sitting out a year. Good luck recruiting to a bottom dwelling team with a reputation for poor coaching and poor results. Season is still young. Fix it now.
                My sense is that the AD is well-aware that things are not working out (and is unlikely to work out) with Albie as head coach and would like to make a change, but is hamstrung by the upper-most administration's cost-consciousness when it comes to operating the University. I'm highly inclined to believe that Bob Brown does not want BU to pay Albie to not coach the remainder of this season (and spend more $ on an interim HC), would rather let Albie finish out the season and the remainder of his contract, announce after the season that his contract is not being renewed and move on to the next head coach.

I still suspect Pandolfo was hired at BU with an eye towards becoming Albie's successor. While it's nice to see one of BU's all-time greats back behind the BU bench in some capacity, my first thought after learning of Pandolfo's hire was that this could potentially be awkward and that it may not yield the desired performance/results on the ice -- and not necessarily due to Pandolfo and/or Albie's doing.

I will add that if this was a major, high-profile college football or men's b-ball program that was going thru what BU Hockey is currently experiencing, a head coaching change would be imminent if not already made.
                Last edited by Friend_of_BU_Hockey; 11-08-2021, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RossiRules View Post

This won't happen during the season, for a guy under contract, you are talking like this is the revenue stream of college football or basketball with national streams of TV revenue.. it's not. Like it or not he won't be released during the season and we will just have to deal with it. I do agree a change in needed, however this is BU not Alabama.
                  Thanks for saying what I said but much more succinctly!

I also question how much do the players want a coaching change, know that Albie's contract is up after this season, and thus the performance we see is a byproduct of it?

I'll also add that I don't envy the situation Albie is in. I have no doubt he wants to succeed and feel that most BU fans were rooting hard for him to succeed after he was promoted. But, unfortunately, in a results and performance-based business, the body of work isn't there to support Albie when it comes to extending his tenure.
                  Last edited by Friend_of_BU_Hockey; 11-08-2021, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    At least Friday was a nice uniform game. NMU wore 1991 jersey's - complete with names - on Saturday? Is this true? Is there video evidence?
                    https://youtu.be/C8YhGXQCO-k
                    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                    ECAC:
                    HEA: UMass
                    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post

Thanks for saying what I said but much more succinctly!

I also question how much do the players want a coaching change, know that Albie's contract is up after this season, and thus the performance we see is a byproduct of it?

I'll also add that I don't envy the situation Albie is in. I have no doubt he wants to succeed and feel that most BU fans were rooting hard for him to succeed after he was promoted. But, unfortunately, in a results and performance-based business, the body of work isn't there to support Albie's when it comes to extending his tenure.

If budget is so much of a concern then the reduction in fan attendance in interest if the team continues this trend will even hit the wallet worse. I would pay Albie the remainder of his contact (I assume he isn't paid nearly as much as some of the bigger named head coaches like a Leaman ($500K)) so bite the bullet and move on. As stated I like Albie -seems like a good guy but it isn't working and hasn't worked.

Comment

If budget is so much of a concern then the reduction in fan attendance in interest if the team continues this trend will even hit the wallet worse. I would pay Albie the remainder of his contact (I assume he isn't paid nearly as much as some of the bigger named head coaches like a Leaman ($500K)) so bite the bullet and move on. As stated I like Albie -seems like a good guy but it isn't working and hasn't worked.
                        As for attendance, I'd be highly interested to know what % of tickets (season-to-date, game-to-game) belonging to season ticket holders are being actually being used (re: scanned for entry). Just based on the eye test at every home game this season (with the Merrimack game due to Parents' Weekend as an exception), I sense that % is noticeably higher compared to even recent past years. Not to mention a likely drop-off to single-game ticket sales as well as concessions sales.

Comment

At least Friday was a nice uniform game. NMU wore 1991 jersey's - complete with names - on Saturday? Is this true? Is there video evidence?

Remember when they were ranked #10 in the country and being talked about as a possible Frozen Four Team? Good times.

BU Hockey: When's Rock Bottom?
                          When UNH sweeps you bwahahaha and I'm old enough to remember when UNH WAS a top 10 team...In fact for a couple of months in the 2012-13 seasons they were #1. Anyway, I have a feeling the Terriers will land on their feet.
                          Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-08-2021, 01:49 PM.
                          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• NMU had 1 win coming into the weekend. BU is the gift that keeps on giving.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Those that don't think BU can make a coaching change in-season, I give you one name: Leon Abbott.

Abbott was fired six games into the season 1973-74 season (4-2 record at the time), which yielded a very young assistant taking over named Jack Parker.
                              The circumstances were different, as BU had players (Bill Buckton, Peter Marzo and Dick Decloe) who had played Canadian Jr. A, and were 'temorarily' considered professionals because they had some expenses reimbursed. Buckton and Marzo were later reinstated, and Decloe ended up playing in the 1980 Winter Olympics for Holland with full amateur status. But Coach Abbott took the fall.

Now, or ASAP, would be the ideal time for BU to make a coaching change.

The heir apparent is already on staff: Jay Pandolfo. Making him the interim coach would give BU a chance to see what difference he would make. If he turns the team around, he could be hired as the permanent coach moving forward. If it still isn't working out, the job could be opened up at the end of the season.

This is an opportunity that the BU hockey program can't afford to pass up.

I feel badly for Albie. But there has been nothing "excellent" about his adventure.
                              It clearly is not working.

Relieve Albie now. Promote Pandolfo to interim head coach. Promote Doug Friedman from hockey ops to full-time assistant. And get someone to help with hockey ops.
                              Yes, it is that simple.

Comment

NMU had 1 win coming into the weekend. BU is the gift that keeps on giving.
                                How very sad. Considering Albie is quoted as saying that BU should have the best team in Hockey East this season, and were picked second in the HE Coaches Poll.

Injuries aside, are weekend splits with UConn and Merrimack now considered successes?!?

Comment

Working...
                                X